Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2021, 11:06   #901
BANNED

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Can you please share a link, I don't seem to find it on Amazon.

Here is the link
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B06WVHVDBB/...4VBSD7E83T52JK

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th November 2021 at 12:01. Reason: Fixing quotes. Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 12:38   #902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I have been using a generic pressure gauge since more than 7 years now and that has never given up except periodic replacement of the coin cell battery that powers it.

I am not sure what is so special with Michelin for something as simple was a digital pressure gauge.

Regarding accuracy, I had checked this once with the gauge at the service center (assuming that was calibrated properly) and the numbers tallied on both.
Murphy's law suggests that one should always have an analog pressure gauge since the battery of the digital meter will run out when you need it in the middle of nowhere.

People prefer Michelin or any known brand for that matter, since they go through better quality control and are hopefully better calibrated. But like you said, any decent gauge which is consistent is good enough.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 12:56   #903
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Murphy's law suggests that one should always have an analog pressure gauge since the battery of the digital meter will run out when you need it in the middle of nowhere.
I have both. My first pressure gauge was analog that my friend got it for me from Taiwan. Also, the pressure gauge on my inflator is also analog and pretty much accurate. For someone who has never visited a fuel station or a tyre shop to get pressure checked since nearly a decade, murphy need not have to write a law and that I had to read that .

Quote:
People prefer Michelin or any known brand for that matter, since they go through better quality control and are hopefully better calibrated. But like you said, any decent gauge which is consistent is good enough.
I won't comment on the quality control with Michelin and how better that would be compared to generic ones because my own experience of using these since many years pretty much comforts me that all of them are good and what matters is their build quality which anyone can assess even looking at the images.

Same goes with plethora of inflators available today where none of them have been able to prove with enough evidence that a branded one was better than non branded one for a simple reason that suddenly brands realised they have more to sell than just tyres and hence ventured into inflator and pressure gauge market.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 13:19   #904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...the gauge at the service center (assuming that was calibrated properly)...
This reminds me:
Over the past several years, whenever I had the tyres filled at the ASC and later checked at my nearby petrol pump, the pressure was higher by 4-5 points. When I asked around, I found that some others too had a similar experience.

The question does arise, what kind of calibration does the petrol pump gauge have? I have been a regular at this pump for over a decade, and after filling air here, the ride feels right and has consistently returned good FE, so assuming that it s somewhat correct.
Old 18th November 2021, 13:26   #905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
This reminds me:
Over the past several years, whenever I had the tyres filled at the ASC and later checked at my nearby petrol pump, the pressure was higher by 4-5 points. When I asked around, I found that some others too had a similar experience.

The question does arise, what kind of calibration does the petrol pump gauge have? I have been a regular at this pump for over a decade, and after filling air here, the ride feels right and has consistently returned good FE, so assuming that it s somewhat correct.
Not something I would rely, especially when I learnt a lesson long ago and narrated here. This also compelled me to buy a gauge and inflator.
Quote:
However, on the same day, during the second refill, I noticed that all the 4 tires appear bulged more than usual and I quickly asked the attendant there to check the pressure. To my surprise, the pressure in all the 4 tires were between 25-25 PSI .

Lesson Learnt (like others say): Never rely on the calibrations of the compressors at the fuel station or even a puncture shop guy.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 16:23   #906
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I am not sure what is so special with Michelin for something as simple was a digital pressure gauge. They came into the market much later when we had a plethora of generic Chinese digital gauges available for as less as 350-500 back then in 2012/13.
Rebadged or not, I read good reviews and our BHPian and D .anshuman and his OTR group too is using too and has been accurate.

BTW, just placed an order for this, hope it turns out to be good.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-313434c3cf44496c8b295c749d6c6308.jpeg  

Sheel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 16:34   #907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Rebadged or not, I read good reviews and our BHPian and D .anshuman and his OTR group too is using too and has been accurate.
Yes. This is exactly what I was mentioning. The readings with most digital gauges will be accurate. Rarely seen them display wrong readings. A decent one will certainly last long too and coincidentally if what you bought is a brand (in this case gauge), it always ends up earning more brownie points than the generic ones which are more or less the same. After all, these are always rebadged from generic brands.

By the way, the analog gauge should work perfectly fine too. You may need to check if it is properly calibrated by comparing it with someone else's gauge (Digital or analog) that is accurate too.

What I have is a full metal body one and has been working absolutely fine since many years.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 17:16   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I have been using the Woscher 802 D Tire Inflator since 2 years. I like the fact that we can preset a pressure and the inflator has an auto cut-off at the preset pressure.

I have also validated the pressure accuracy using Michelin Tire gauge and it is off by 1 PSI - so accuracy is good.
I was using the ResQtec mini air compressor for 6 years for all my vehicles and got bored of it! It used to fill other vehicles of the society also whenever in need. But as it was small it took time and the useless conversations went on longer.

I got the the Woscher 802D to reduce the conversation time! It's quite effective, using it since August '21. Passed on my ResQtec to my Father in law. Yes, you need to set One PSI more on the digital preset to fill the required air.

I had a slow leak in one of Brio's tyres, where the Mi Portable pump couldn't refill the air this did it easily. Another society car had a flat tyre this could fill air to 40 psi to enable him to drive to the nearest puncture repair shop.

I bought it from Amazon and it was delivered within 24 hours!

Cheers,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 17:35   #909
BHPian

The pressure-hose in my Michelin tyre-inflator got cut. It had served me well for the past 6.5 years.

Got myself a new one from Amazon: Bergmann Typhoon.

I was eyeing the Amazonbasics (there are two models), but did not find good reviews here in team-bhp or elsewere. So went for the Bergmann.

Looks well made, compact and did a good job on its first use. Hopefully this too lasts many years.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc_1554.jpg  

manim is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 11:53   #910
BHPian

Wanted to buy a tyre inflator for my Altroz iturbo and went through this amazing thread.

1. Any thoughts if I buy a new one from Amazon or just use one that comes with Tyre puncture mobility kit provided by Tata? The thread mentions it's a very slow process to fill air with the OEM one. Are there any other specific advantages in favour of the former, apart from a digital format?

2. Felt better to rule out certain popular models due to mismatch between the consumption of inflator (e.g. 150W, Bergman Typhoon digital) and the same that's safely permissible on 12V socket (Altroz manual mentions that is a 12V, 10A setup, like most of the Suzuki vehicles) with @Leoshahi warning blowing up of the fuse/car socket.
Other tyre inflators that anecdotally are working quite well with fellow Altroz owners e.g. Tusa digital tyre inflator (one that I have nearly finalised) don't have a mention of electrical specifications (wattage/working current etc) anywhere on their Amazon page/on website. Could someone owning the actual device confirm these from the physical (paper) manual?

3. Wished to confirm this all the more because (as suggested by @Leoshahi above), I am planning to get an AC-DC convertor alongwith this as I'd much rather use wall mounted socket to power the device, rather than car 12V socket, so that the car doesn't have to be kept running. Most of the adapters available are with 240V-12V-8A configuration- am not sure if the whole arrangement would be able to power the inflator with consumption of 120W(probably with Tusa/MGA ones) or Bergmann (150W). Would it work, even if somewhat slowly?
Old 24th January 2022, 14:39   #911
Senior - BHPian

Was frustrated with the tyre pressure gauges at the shops and pumps around my place varying by over 10psi and that too randomly. Almost lost my bearings on what/how an under/over inflated tyre looks or feels like, got myself a Stanley tyre pressure gauge.

Tried it on my scooter and flattened the tyre while practicing to take readings but got a hang of it soon and was able to take readings with a loss of 0.5 psi.
So there's still room for improvement.

Had ordered a Lyrovo analog gauge like the one Sheel mentioned above but that always showed 12-15 psi regardless of actual pressure. Returned it, figured will have to go digital for accuracy with the downside of another battery in my life.

Almost all gauges seem to share the design and some even the colors but got the Stanley one for 900(now its 865) which was about 2-300 over the generic ones with the hope that any warranty claims should be honoured and seamless.

But overall a useful purchase, I have my sanity back
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 11:03   #912
BHPian

Which one should i go for my WagonR which has 120w accessory socket, it will be used 3 to 4 times a month.

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...90j0m999w0-130

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-pro_...xoC0kkQAvD_BwE

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0156M173A/?tag=tbhp0e-21

Leaning towards the Woscher one as it has 120W with 300 psi, so i think it should be a good quality motor and should last me atleast 3 or 4 years.

Last edited by revvharder : 4th February 2022 at 11:05.
revvharder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 15:26   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Which one should i go for my WagonR which has 120w accessory socket, it will be used 3 to 4 times a month.

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...90j0m999w0-130

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-pro_...xoC0kkQAvD_BwE

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0156M173A/?tag=tbhp0e-21

Leaning towards the Woscher one as it has 120W with 300 psi, so i think it should be a good quality motor and should last me atleast 3 or 4 years.
I have exact same question. My car is going to be Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS and that too mostly has 120W power supply. Our usage of car may not be a lot and I don't want to spend a lot on the inflator. Also, I am ok if it takes time to fill air, which one would people here suggest? Out of the above mentioned three or some other option?
Old 4th February 2022, 15:42   #914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
I just placed an order for the Wosher 802D on Boodmo. The amazon prices had shot up north of Rs2500 and this price of 1860 at Boodmo is close to the original price of this product.

We have two Bergmann Typhoon inflators in our family. Mine is being used by my brother now so I was in need of a new inflator. Lets hope this 120W one turns out to be a reliable unit.

Avoid the Windek and Maruti Suzuki one. Bergmann is very good and has a metal body as well. But the peak consumption of 150W is not that comfortable especially if the need to use it arises during travel.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 13:04   #915

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
I just placed an order for the Wosher 802D on Boodmo. The amazon prices had shot up north of Rs2500 and this price of 1860 at Boodmo is close to the original price of this product.
Hi, Did you receive your order ? I'm also in need of a Tyre inflator. It would be great if you share your opinion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks