Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2021, 20:56   #871
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Did you try this? I want to have a feedback as I have a Bergmann tyre inflator that can draw a peak power of 150W while my Maruti Suzuki car is equipped with a socket of 120W rating only.

If r.
Only managed to try it on one tyre from 29 to 32 psi. It took about 20 seconds, maybe less.
However, the cars Tpms and the units pressure varied by about 0.5 psi, with the car showing lower.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 07:50   #872
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
While the above (Woscher 1610) is good, especially at a price of 999/-, I would recommend Woscher 810 model (middle variant) because it has a peak pressure rated at 130PSI vs 100PSI for 1610 model and 300PSI for 802D (Rs1899/-).

Size wise 810 is not much bigger than this 1610 model (802D is a full sized inflator).
A picture of the actual product for sizing would still be great. I have a resqutech at the same price and would like to see how different in sizes they are.

Will look at the higher model as well.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 08:57   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
the cars Tpms and the units pressure varied by about 0.5 psi, with the car showing lower.
That's normal. 0.5 PSI is assumed to be lost while removing the nozzle. I've noticed it in Michelin pumps. When you set for 32, it inflates to 32.5.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 10:31   #874
BHPian

Two years post buying ResQTech, and it has gone bad. I don't think I used it even 5 times over two years. As warranty is gone, I am hoping some local mechanic can repair it.
As I travel extensively with family, I had to have an inflator for emergency. Bought TUSA from amazon. Product looks sturdy with nice finish (cannot say the same about ResQtech). I hope Tusa assists me longer.
Another good thing about Tusa is warranty extension. This kind of adds value to the product.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-tusa.jpeg  

evilminstrel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 13:40   #875
Senior - BHPian

I have been using the Woscher 802 D Tire Inflator since 2 years. I like the fact that we can preset a pressure and the inflator has an auto cut-off at the preset pressure.

It is a high speed one and fills 0 to 35 PSI in little over 2 minutes. The Power Cord can be easily wound over the back frame of the Inflator body itself and the Inflation Hose also has a neat housing within a slot. The shape has a Grab Handle built-in so convenient to hold and carry. It is rated for a continuous runtime of 20 minutes after which it is recommended to provide a 15 minute break for the device to cool down. It has a squarish shape and slim so finding carry bags is easy for it.

I have also validated the pressure accuracy using Michelin Tire gauge and it is off by 1 PSI - so accuracy is good.

Here is a detailed video of the same:

Prior to this I had the budget Coido Tire Inflator which was much slower in comparison.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 30th August 2021 at 13:44.
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 15:52   #876
BHPian

I have a small size Goodyear electronic tyre inflator with Digital pressure gauge and Auto cut off. It has been working well in both my cars, Celerio (165/70 R14 Tyre) and Ecosport.(205/60 R16 Tyre).

But I also happen to carry a generic footpump as well. Just as a backup to the electronic inflator.
Old 30th August 2021, 20:44   #877
Distinguished - BHPian

Digital this, digital that... My tyres are analogue.

The word is a worthless piece of package decoration. Well, ok, I suppose it means the thing has a panel that displays digits.

/rant
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 02:33   #878
Senior - BHPian

The threading on my pumps nozzle wore out and I had a fun adventure trying to find a replacement nozzle. I got two different vibes from my experience :

1) This is the first time ever in the world an air pump nozzle has worn out and its owner has tried to repair/replace it

2) There is a conspiracy and nexus preventing their repair to maximize profits that goes to a very deep level !

To cut it short, I went to 2 cycle shops, 3 regular tyre shops, 1 pneumatic products shop and 2 petrol pumps. I'm a regular customer at several of these shops and I must say I was really surprised by my interactions with them. Some were surprised at what I wanted and said they couldn't help, some said it's just not possible, vague answers that they get their nozzles from the "company" and cannot order them for me, some friendly staff immediately became dismissive when I asked them. Overall a very strange experience more than anything, including one wild goose chase through one market to find a recommended repair guy who every person I asked for knew but all gave different directions to !!

Finally called one cycle shop which another cycle shop recommended and they confirmed that they repair air pumps. The shop was 10km away so I went there the next day. I reached the shop and as soon as I showed my pump to the owner he said it can't be repaired !! I was like OMG what is happening. He suggested a brass adapter which I could fit inside my nozzle with Araldite. I wasn't too confident and honestly a bit annoyed this point and politely declined and too a few steps out of the shop and then returned because I had forgotten my helmet there. The owner sees me and says one sec and opens a drawer and removes one of SEVERAL brass lever type filler nozzles and gives it to me saying that I could try this !! My mind was reeling at this point I had made it clear in all the shops that I was open to ANY type of replacement nozzle and that the lever type was my preferred choice !! On top of this he says actually the entire tube and nozzle could also be changed and he only had to open the pump to check the fitting type at the other end of the tube !! I didn't say a thing and just paid and left while laughing like a lunatic in my head at FINALLY ending my epic quest.

Cut off the old nozzle, put silicone on the outside of the new nozzle connector then covered it with heat shrink tubing and finally a jubilee clip over that. Should work hopefully. I'm waiting for the silicone to cure fully before I try it out.

I'm calling it the Tyre Tubing Twilight Zone
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 03:02   #879
Distinguished - BHPian

Always hated keeping the car started while inflating tyres and was looking for a reliable AC-DC converter OR a robust inflator which worked on AC too. The later was a bit expensive around 6k IIRC.

Came across this Tropicool branded converter on Amazon: Link

I have an inflator(by MGA) whose operating current is 8 Amps and it worked flawlessly on the setup.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20210820_192805.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20210820_192810q.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 20:47   #880
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart's digital tyre inflator is available at Rs.1099.

https://www.flipkart.com/flipkart-sm...m7b75def1d41ed

I think this is a good price for an automatic digital tyre inflator.
ani_meher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 21:06   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Flipkart's digital tyre inflator is available at Rs.1099.

https://www.flipkart.com/flipkart-sm...m7b75def1d41ed

I think this is a good price for an automatic digital tyre inflator.
I had ordered it just a few hours back. I was trying since the morning to order, but for some reason, it was telling me that this couldn't be delivered to my pincode. Finally tried in the evening again and it worked, Hoping that this works as expected .
Old 24th September 2021, 00:00   #882
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday was puncture day. The biker behind me was beeping and beeping, as they often do, but he was also waving and waving, so I slowed down and opened the window. He told me one rear tyre was flat. I thanked him and stopped to see.

The local tyre shop was only a short distance away, and I drove slow and gentle. Thanks to the biker (and another that also told the same shortly after) I had a small bill for a puncture, not a big bill for a new tyre.

It made me think though, how long I have been thinking about buying a pump! And if I had had one, I would have pumped up the tyre to minimise running-flat damage risk, even for the short journey to the shop.

I'd better think harder about it!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 15:45   #883
BHPian

Please recommend a portable inflator/air compressor product for Maruti Ignis Alpha, Auxiliary output rated at 10A, 12V and 120W as mentioned in the user manual. I'm planning to use it once a week as i drive on rough surfaces quite a bit.
I like to buy a 150w rated product, unfortunately limited Maruti's spec.
Old 5th October 2021, 16:47   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It made me think though, how long I have been thinking about buying a pump! And if I had had one, I would have pumped up the tyre to minimise running-flat damage risk, even for the short journey to the shop.

I'd better think harder about it!
Sir, Stop thinking just order one online.

What made us to stop thinking and order one around 5/6 years back?
In an incident at Mahabalipuram, we noticed a Bangalore registered vento with all 4 tyres deflated (the car was really parked so badly in parking lot). Being Sunday, evening I felt very bad for the car owner and his family. Then and there we decided that it is high time to buy one portable inflator and on return, we just brought one.

PS: Micheline one is serving two of our cars for more than 5 years now without any issue.
manjubp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 01:53   #885
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Sir, Stop thinking just order one online...
Thank you for the nudge! I did it right away. No more putting it off.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks