Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2020, 00:02   #811
BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Also does Foot Operated One require too much Energy to operate?
Is foot Operated one repairable?
Yes they do require some effort and energy. Will give you a nice leg and core workout hehe. I only use at home so can manage, but in hindsight I wish I had just got a 12v electrical one instead.
Old 15th November 2020, 18:26   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Based on your feedback, I went ahead and just purchased the same and looks like a great product. Atleast first imression is really good. Light weight, compact, decent material, nice small bag, digital display, flash light etc.. and reasonable price. It showed 1 psi lesser than a guage
I also purchased Tusa, do they really give out mobile holder if you write a review or some catch here? ( who says no to a free stuff )

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-0d6b349e68c04cb0aff6ac9cf446004e.jpeg

Last edited by SideView : 15th November 2020 at 18:28.
Old 15th November 2020, 22:57   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
..do they really give out mobile holder if you write a review or some catch here?
Yes, they do, I got one. Just review somewhere (amazon or even a teambhp review would do) and send a screenshot to that mobile#. It is a small one (magnetic) to be fitted on to a/c vent, I haven't yet used. Looks nice.
balenoed_ is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 10:45   #814
BHPian

I am using MICHELIN Digital High Power Tyre Inflator 12265 from last ~4 years, absolutely no issues. I brought it from SupreTyreTech, JC road, Bangalore, based on the owner recommendation( whom I know for last 15+ years) for ~3000/-. It is serving two of our cars and my son's bicycle too.

Last edited by manjubp : 16th November 2020 at 11:05.
manjubp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 15:32   #815
Distinguished - BHPian

Giving rewards for reviews is, I think, strictly against Amazon rules. And I think this is true even if the company accepts a bad review.

Review scams are a big thing on Amazon. Too big.

But, what if we were going to give a good review anyway? Should we then accept the gift? A deep moral question; too deep for me!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 21:36   #816
BANNED

I had shortlisted Makita but didnot go ahead as it was pure on Li Ion battery design. So during Diwali sales got Black and Decker inflator https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0752XHNTH/..._p7sVFb0JKC7BY
Old 25th November 2020, 19:50   #817
Senior - BHPian

We have a Bergmann Typhoon Tyre Inflator bought from Amazon.in in May 2019.

Recently facing problem with the nozzle. Not able to tighten on the rim valve which is leading to air escaping. The threads in the nozzle look alright. Don't understand why is the nozzle not fitting the valve.

Also I want to buy another Air Inflator (35Litres per min and low noise) for Elite i20. Which one to go for?

Budget- Rs. 2000/-
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 13:06   #818
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I'm going to be driving to Mumbai from Bangalore and back in 2 week's time. Now, due to the road conditions and diversions, I feel like I should carry an inflator along just in case. I have a bicycle pump from decathlon with a pressure gauge. It fits all valve types (Schrader, Presto and Dunlop), but I'm not sure how accurate the pressure gauge will be.

I wanted to know if it is good enough for a car tyre as a backup, or should I invest in a 12v inflator?
Old 8th December 2020, 09:18   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Based on your feedback, I went ahead and just purchased the same and looks like a great product. Atleast first imression is really good. Light weight, compact, decent material, nice small bag, digital display, flash light etc.. and reasonable price....
Hi, can you give feedback how this is working so far?
Old 8th December 2020, 10:01   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash86M View Post
Hi, can you give feedback how this is working so far?
Good, I would recommend. Have been using it frequently for the top up's. Does the job and seems to be accurate and consistent. Expect a little long time if re-filling a completely flat tyre.

Go for it if you haven't shortlisted anything else.
balenoed_ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 17:09   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Good, I would recommend. Have been using it frequently for the top up's. Does the job and seems to be accurate and consistent. Expect a little long time if re-filling a completely flat tyre.

Go for it if you haven't shortlisted anything else.
I had shortlisted Amazon's Solimo Tyre inflator and this one.
Thankyou
Old 8th December 2020, 18:06   #822
Senior - BHPian

Hi all. Which would be a good tyre pressure gauge ?

I found 3 Michelin’s. Confused about which one is better.

Also in the first place, are both any good.

Michelin 12290 Tyre Pressure Gauge with Keyring (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B074MX2168/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Michelin MN-4203 Digital Tyre Gauge (Blue) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00YBP6JQY/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

MICHELIN 12295 Programmable Dual Car Digital Tire Pressure Gauge with Flashlight and Bleed Valve https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077FMHGM6/...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Old 8th December 2020, 18:18   #823
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Hi all. Which would be a good tyre pressure gauge ?
While I have the Viair tyre inflator, I picked this handy piece to quickly check pressure.

https://www.learnoffroad.com/product...pressure-gauge
Old 14th December 2020, 22:39   #824
BHPian

For my last trip to the hills of North Bengal, I purchased the Probus tyre inflator.

I realized that without a digital gauge there is no auto cut off when the desired pressure is reached, hence this one. The inflation works at a rate if 3 PSI in 15 - 20 seconds. The steps that can be set are at intervals of 0.5 PSI. Also while pulling out the nozzle some air may be lost from the tyre hence I always set 0.5 PSI additional pressure on the gauge although the leak measures to be negligible.

The power cord is long enough however for my Crysta in order to reach my rear tyres I needed to connect to the 12 Volt socket in the middle row seats for convenience. Per recommendation we need to start the engine of the car first before switching on the inflation and the instructions are in a small 2 pages booklet inside the case for quick reference during operation.

The embedded torch light with a wide throw comes in very handy while inflating in the dark and the illuminated display of the digital gauge is icing on the cake.

The following are scope of improvement:
1. The lengthy power cord could have been self retractable
2. The deflation of the tyres is not automatic, I have to keep pressing the nozzle to the valve for releasing air while keeping an eye on the gauge. Since this is manual I usually deflate to 1 PSI less and then inflate to the desired pressure once again using the automated cut off.
3. The zipped carry case that comes along could have been cushioned to allow protection from damages due to accidental dropping.
4. Size could have been smaller to be accommodated inside the glove box.
5. Could have been a tad less noisy, but may be all portable tyre inflators make similar noise.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st December 2020 at 18:15. Reason: As requested
Old 15th December 2020, 08:38   #825
Senior - BHPian

I had purchased Bergmann Tyre Inflator in 2018 and seeing mine, 2 more people bought one.

Recently, I bought 1 more for a Brezza in our family. Also, I was in need of a car vaccum cleaner and for that, I bought a Bergmann one with a power rating of 150W.

Now I realise, my Punto had a 12v socket rated at 180W whereas Brezza has a 12v socket rated at 120W. To make matters more confusing, I have also migrated from a punto to S-Cross. It has a 120W rated power socket as well.

Query for Maruti Suzuki owners: Are you strictly using Tyre inflators of 120W power or can we use these 150W max rated inflators as well?

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 15th December 2020 at 08:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks