Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2016, 11:25   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I have a generic foot pump, like the one in the image below.

I want to inflate a ball using this. Do I need some extra attachment (needle) for the purpose ? Where can I buy one ?

Rohan
You need a separate nozzle for inflating the football.

I use this pump. In Pune, I went to the sports' equipment shop and got the nozzle.
Old 15th August 2016, 20:16   #587
BHPian

I was totally stuck trying to decide whether or not to buy an inflator. But then again an incident wherein I was left with a punctured tyre and not being certain how much PSI was there in the spare, thought I should go ahead and keep at least a cheap one in the boot. As always I read almost each and every post on this particular forum that still seems to be continuing.
Like everyone else, I wanted a digital meter for the inflator and hence Coido wasn't an option. I didn't feel like spending a bomb on the Michelin ones either.
I finally took the decision of going for Windek. And for not adding further confusion to the already confused forum readers, please see this video and understand how it works. As for the noise, you will have to put up with this no matter how expensive an inflator you buy. The good part is this that the equipment doesn't jump around like a toad.
cryshnon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 08:34   #588
BHPian

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

With so many options, I finally ended up buying the Windek one listed above.

It's practical and small, fills up 5-7psi in 5 mins and has sufficient wire length to connect to all tyres. Overall a good product.

Bought one off Amazon for 1800.
prateekswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 06:46   #589
BHPian

I was using LIMI digital auto cutoff tyre inflator for almost 3 years. It was a great product, till one day it just went kaput. Could not find LIMI again.

Researched online and found WINDEK auto cutoff digital tyre inflator, which looks exactly like the LIMI one I had before. WINDEK has a better bigger display and compressor is very efficient. It does not come in a carry case. Have been using this every 10 days for the last six months and it works great.

Heard that RESQTECH is coming up with a premium compact digital auto cutoff model some time soon.
Happysmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 08:50   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
I was using LIMI digital auto cutoff tyre inflator for almost 3 years. It was a great product, till one day it just went kaput. Could not find LIMI again.
did you try contacting their office on Omkareshwar path, Shaniwar Peth? I got my LIMI compressor repaired in 2015. Mine had stopped working after 6 years, working fine again after spending Rs. 650 for repairs.
Old 26th August 2016, 14:40   #591
BHPian

After lot of research, I ordered this "LIFT Digital Mini Air Compressor" for Rs.2200 (http://goo.gl/x9SDtV). Seems to be a generic (unbranded) version of the more expensive Roger Air Pump (http://goo.gl/6RRFOT).

The single USP that caught me was the detachable digital gauge. I had no much expectation out of it before ordering. Finally I received 2 days back and I'm loving it.

Pros:
1. Extremely well built IMHO. Does not look cheap from any angle
2. Very detailed user manual with good grammatically correct English. Surprising!
3. Very compact
4. Though noisy, it is stable. Does not vibrate a lot.
5. Inflates quick enough. I deflated one of my 195/65 R14 tyres to 23 PSI and inflated back to 30 PSI. This took roughly 35-40 seconds
6. The connector which attaches to the tyre also has a button to release pressure. Useful in case the tyre is overinflated.

Cons:
1. Since it is so compact, unwinding the power cable and the hose takes a while. Not a serious problem though since it's strong build quality is reassuring.
2. Auto cut-off actually stops inflating, but takes a while to turn the motor off. Not sure why this is a common problem across many such compressors.
3. After the motor cuts off, the power button remains depressed. Has to be switched back manually.
Old 26th August 2016, 17:36   #592
BHPian

I picked up the below from Amazon in Feb 2016

Accutire MS-4021B Digital Tire Pressure Gauge

Cost USD 9 - had a friend bring it back.

Why Accutire - had been given one from the same brand in 2003 - digital display again - had served me well and i had in turn given it to some one else.
This one was in brushed aluminium and very strudy.

Accutire has been reviewed to be accurate.

The current one is a plastic body - could not get a metal body.

The nozzle is plastic and it fits our vehicles here.

Occasion 1. The auto cut off fuel station air pressure meter was set to 33 PSI and then checked with the Accutire MS-4021B Digital Tire Pressure Gauge, the reading was 37 PSI
Adjusted the same.

Occasion 2. Another fuel station and the pressure set to 33 and then checked with the Accutire MS-4021B Digital Tire Pressure Gauge, the reading was 32.5.
Adjusted the same.

So chances are the cut off meters are not very accurate and hence the need for an independent Digital Tire Pressure Gauge.
Old 28th September 2016, 18:18   #593
BHPian

Is there any gauge+inflator solution that runs directly from the AA or AAA cells instead of powering from the car battery or cigarette lighter?

My scooter is parked quite far from the car and inflating its tyre would require such a device.
Old 9th October 2016, 07:52   #594
Senior - BHPian

The Emporis pump has been doing duty for around two years but its coil hose pipe keeps failing. This the second hose pipe which broke. The first one was already broken on arrival which i did not notice first and ordered a second one which pulled out of it's connector.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20161009_073327.jpg

Thinking of getting another pump as i have to spent around 150 bucks a year for the Emporis hose pipe. Trying to stick with industrial glue but have mailed Emporis guys for a new one. Might keep as back up. Overall pump is good but heats fast and can blow fuse if used continously. The trick is to stop after 20 secs or so. Mostly use it for top ups only but the failing pipe renders it useless in case of emergencies.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 9th October 2016 at 08:10.
Old 14th October 2016, 21:02   #595
BHPian

Have a question regarding Michelin 3145C.

I had bought it from Amazon recently on the flash sale @2100. How accurate is the pressure gauge on this device? I had checked it a couple of times when the tires are cold, it showed 37-38. Subsequent visit to petrol pump showed a different reading - almost 7-8 PSI lower. Now, I don't know which one to believe. All the petrol pump inflators seem to be in sync.

Any thoughts?
Old 15th October 2016, 19:42   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
I had checked it a couple of times when the tires are cold, it showed 37-38. Subsequent visit to petrol pump showed a different reading - almost 7-8 PSI lower. Now, I don't know which one to believe. All the petrol pump inflators seem to be in sync.

Any thoughts?
From the above it seems, that the Michelin inflator is faulty. Get a replacement from Amazon.
Old 16th October 2016, 06:04   #597
BHPian

Hola!
Having read the thread on this topic in detail I notice that quite a lot of people say they refill their tyres every week! I think this frequent filling of air is not required and if you're noticing air pressure loss, then you should consider visiting a good tyre showroom and getting them to re-adhere the tyres or replace the nozzles. I drive 70kms a day and yet have to re-inflate tyres only once in 20 days or so and the pressure loss I observe is barely 3-4 PSI. Not having known about my car's ability to retain air pressure, till recently I used to get the tyres filled by local mechanics who used to blindly keep topping up just to show they did some work. The very first time I used the Windek inflator, I noticed that two of the four tyres had pressures over 36 PSI! I am so glad that I bought an inflator for myself.
Old 16th October 2016, 10:07   #598

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryshnon View Post
I was totally stuck trying to decide whether or not to buy an inflator.
I bought the same model inspired by the posts here. Thanks for the video. Notice that while fitting it on and off, there seems to be some hissing sound (meaning air is going off). Should we account for that by filling more air? Also, did you calibrate it with another gauge before starting to use? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ampere : 16th October 2016 at 16:01. Reason: Edited quoted post
Old 16th October 2016, 15:33   #599
BHPian

I am glad it helped you. Sorry I haven't calibrated it with any other device. What I do is to ensure that even PSI is maintained in all tyres. I think I have read somewhere that the inflator is set to fill in a bit of extra air to compensate for what gets lost while removing it. Also, the car manufacturer recommends 32 PSI in all tyres. But I find it more convenient to keep 30 PSI because the vehicle gets subject to lesser jerks on uneven roads. This hasn't impacted the mileage in any way. It should be good if you base your preferred PSI on a trial and error method than sticking to suggestions or recommendations.

Last edited by ampere : 16th October 2016 at 16:01. Reason: Typo fixed
cryshnon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 09:57   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The Emporis pump has been doing duty for around two years but its coil hose pipe keeps failing. This the second hose pipe which broke. The first one was already broken on arrival which i did not notice first and ordered a second one which pulled out of it's connector.

Thinking of getting another pump as i have to spent around 150 bucks a year for the Emporis hose pipe. .
I received my Resqtech pump this week. Compared to the Emporis the Resqtech is a car with a loud free flow exhaust. I was testing it and it made such a racket and it was 645 AM so I quit. Meanwhile I also got 2 hose pipe delivered from Emporis. The Emporis again blew a fuse today on my Civic. I did not use the Resqtech because of the noise issue. Hold the emporis longer than 25 secs and it will pop a fuse. So I have decided to keep it as backup pump and henceforth will use the Resqtech for top ups. All I have to do is not use it early in the morning so as not to wake up the neighbors. The size of the pump is small and it feels well built. Let’s hope it does not turn out to be a fuse killer like the older Emporis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks