Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 19:08   #391
Senior - BHPian

The lights should have arrived today, will post WIP pictures tommorow.

The only frustrating part is the damaged parts !!! Still no news of them.

Cheers
Old 9th November 2008, 17:59   #392
Senior - BHPian

Have not been able to get the Hella 1000 so going in for the Hella 700. the size is the same but is clear lens & has a design on the reflector to disperse light..looks cool.

On the engine front. There is NO NEWS ON THE REPLACEMENT PARTS. So I am either going to cancel the order or go in for a 2.0L MIVEC (6 cyl) only if it is available at a reasonable price & OFF THE SHELF.

Luck is not in my favour it seems. You get a 4g92, it comes without packing, parts get broken, engine cannot run, replacement promises not complied with - PATHETIC. This after spending what one is !!!

Prayer seems like the only answer in this situation !!

Old 9th November 2008, 18:15   #393
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Ricky, can feel your pain. Where did you source the engine from? And how come replacement parts aren't available?
Won't a 6a12 require mods to the front suspension, given the added weight of the engine?
Old 9th November 2008, 19:54   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Sorry Ricky, can feel your pain. Where did you source the engine from? And how come replacement parts aren't available?
Won't a 6a12 require mods to the front suspension, given the added weight of the engine?

Well the engine was sourced thru Arush (AUTOPSYCHE).

The parts that need replacement were damaged because of gross mishandling, but they can sure be sourced. There just does not seem to be enough seriousness to do it (being taken lightly)

As for the 6a12, no problem, I will try out the stock suspension if that does not work, Konis shall come to the rescue !

Wish me luck !!!

Cheers
Old 9th November 2008, 23:41   #395
Senior - BHPian

Very surprising to hear this.have you contacted farhan(sideways).He's the guru for the MIVEC.he should be able to sort things out for you.
none the less where are you sourcing the 6a12 from. and whats garantee that this engine will come safely?

why don't you try to source an evo engine or something like that.
i've seen them going for like 5000$ on ebay for the full tranny of the EVO 8 as well as 9.
and factory made brand new crate engines for 8000$.
if you have some importer as your friend he can help you out.
Old 10th November 2008, 10:14   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
On the engine front. There is NO NEWS ON THE REPLACEMENT PARTS. So I am either going to cancel the order or go in for a 2.0L MIVEC (6 cyl) only if it is available at a reasonable price & OFF THE SHELF.

Luck is not in my favour it seems. You get a 4g92, it comes without packing, parts get broken, engine cannot run, replacement promises not complied with - PATHETIC. This after spending what one is !!!

Prayer seems like the only answer in this situation !!
List the parts that you need, maybe fellow members may be able to help you to source them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
why don't you try to source an evo engine or something like that.
i've seen them going for like 5000$ on ebay for the full tranny of the EVO 8 as well as 9.
and factory made brand new crate engines for 8000$.
if you have some importer as your friend he can help you out.
Could you post some links ?
Also, what is the approximate addition to the landed cost if one buys a crate engine for say $5000 ?
Old 10th November 2008, 10:39   #397
Senior - BHPian

Here you go.google's your best friend.
these are just the simple listings.when i got my head down in this about 6 months back i found links for amazing deals.
full trannys for 3500-4000$.brand new.got them checked by my uncle in USA too.
but sadly couldn't find a proper importer.

in our importing laws there are loop holes.if you have a friend as an importer who knows this and is willing to do this for you you can end up paying no duty at all.

but if you get them here directly then you have to pay duty,fine,bribe and god knows what not.

so thats why i said if you have an importer as a friend then you're high on luck mate.

Mitsubishi OEM EVO Crate Engine : 6 Speed*::*Stroker Kits & Race Motors*::*Engine*::*LancerShop.com

Mitsubishi EVO IX Crate Engine [Archive] - evolutionm.net

EVO IX Mitsubishi OEM Crate Motor - One-Time-Only Sale! - evolutionm.net

Mitsubishi OEM EVO Crate Engine : 5 Speed*::*Stroker Kits & Race Motors*::*Engine*::*LancerShop.com

Just Jap Auto Imports :: Crate Engines
Old 10th November 2008, 10:53   #398
Senior - BHPian

[quote=dipen;1046920]List the parts that you need, maybe fellow members may be able to help you to source them.

Parts that are needed from what I remember off hand are :-

# alternator
# oil pump
# MAP sensor
# Oxygen sensor (& another sensor which I do not remember)
# Oil filler cap

Arush has the list of all the parts. Will ask him to put it up.
I have been waiting for a long time, loosing my patience now.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 10th November 2008 at 10:56.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:05   #399
BHPian

You can use the alternator of your current setup - 4g15. The mivec alternator is different as in it has 4 leads. But the indian one can be made to fit. I am running a indian lancer's alternator after mine had problems. No issues whatsoever. Its charging fine, voltages are good.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:32   #400
Senior - BHPian

Where are you trying to get the parts from? Is the engine supplier replacing them for free? Or are you having to pay for these parts separately?
If you are paying for them, would suggest you look on some of the Mitsubishi forums for help. Lots of other MIVEC users based in S.E Asia & Australia. They would be able to assist you. Or you can search for the parts online... some of the online stores do deliver to India. RPW (Australia) is another option.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:55   #401
Senior - BHPian

Ricky you have the parts list entirely correct as to whats broken.

Few bits of the engine story that are not mentioned here....

The engine was not sourced from my regular engine supplier because it was turning out to be more expensive. We have imported atleast five other engines recently which have reached us without any problems, some installed, some works in progress. Including a Mitsu 4G92, Mitsu 6A12, BMW M20, Toyota 3SGTE, etc, some of which project cars are known around here on tbhp.

Ricky had a cheaper alternative to source the engine from bombay which he told us about and we told him to go ahead with and that we can provide the installation.

Luckily the importer turned out to be known to me and i could get him the same option at a slightly better price. And we went ahead with the order.

And we all know how unfortunate it was, even to my horror, when we received the engine with broken parts (which has never happened to us before while sourcing stuff).

And now we are both waiting for the importer to get us the replacement parts. Im hoping we get it soon enough, otherwise the only option would be to return the engine. Maybe then Ricky would like to go in for our sourced Mivec, which although is more expensive, but atleast it comes with the Autopsyche Guarantee for working properly.

Cheers.
Old 10th November 2008, 13:33   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Ricky you have the parts list entirely correct as to whats broken.

Few bits of the engine story that are not mentioned here....

The engine was not sourced from my regular engine supplier because it was turning out to be more expensive. We have imported atleast five other engines recently which have reached us without any problems, some installed, some works in progress. Including a Mitsu 4G92, Mitsu 6A12, BMW M20, Toyota 3SGTE, etc, some of which project cars are known around here on tbhp.

Ricky had a cheaper alternative to source the engine from bombay which he told us about and we told him to go ahead with and that we can provide the installation.

Luckily the importer turned out to be known to me and i could get him the same option at a slightly better price. And we went ahead with the order.

And we all know how unfortunate it was, even to my horror, when we received the engine with broken parts (which has never happened to us before while sourcing stuff).

And now we are both waiting for the importer to get us the replacement parts. Im hoping we get it soon enough, otherwise the only option would be to return the engine. Maybe then Ricky would like to go in for our sourced Mivec, which although is more expensive, but atleast it comes with the Autopsyche Guarantee for working properly.

Cheers.

@ Arush

Are we not missing something here . I had told you i am getting the engine at "X Price" - you had kindly offered to get it for me at a cheaper price from your "source", to which I gladly agreed.

You were absolutely confident of this gentleman. Well after placing the order in July, we finally got the damaged engine in October end, that too without certain parts like the radiator, brakes, struts, instrument cluster etc etc.

There is no point crying over spilt milk. We need to find a resolution to this instead of digging into the mess.

Cheers
Old 10th November 2008, 14:24   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
There is no point crying over spilt milk. We need to find a resolution to this instead of digging into the mess.
Cheers
Exactly my point. Like i always told you, our work is totally transparent, i will go with whatever plan of action you want to take!
Old 10th November 2008, 18:24   #404
Senior - BHPian

Well i hope this issue solves quickly and we have a brilliant car running on the road of which we'll all be proud of.
Even i had a lot of issues when i got into this MIVEC thingy.But its all part of the parcel.

It all happens for the better.maybe you get fed up the MIVEC and plonk in a full Evo tranny.won't that be amazing
Old 10th November 2008, 19:31   #405
Senior - BHPian

@ Arush

I never questioned your transperancy. I just said that the work is not getting done. I had said we need to set a deadline. If this engine fires up how it should, I have no issue, but that is not happening.

So you need to tell me if it makes sense to keep waiting endlessly or look for another engine. I had set 15th Nov as the deadline.

Your call.

@ navpreet

Let me first get this sorted out, EVO though very desireable, needs substantial further investment, which I presently do not have. Who knows what the future holds though !!!

@ razor

Thanks for your suggestions & inputs. The importer will be getting replacements for the damaged parts at no cost to me.

@ harrie

I was told that the Indian Lancer's alternator would not work with the MIVEC & will possibly ruin the ECU.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 10th November 2008 at 19:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks