Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2007, 16:57   #16
Team-BHP Support

Bottle, I dunno about the Stile but the seats on earlier Palio's (pre-NV to be general) came with seats made by Tata Johnson and had a different shape and size. The later models came with seats made by some other company whose name I cannot recollect right now. Accessory stores usually have the seat covers for Tata Johnson seats in stock whereas the newer design seats are bigger in size and will not take the stock covers. The best option is to get a custom set stitched for your car rather than opting for the factory made ones.

Hope that helps.
Old 3rd July 2007, 17:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey dude, you might wanna send a PM to headers.

He bought a set of 2 esteem seats for his jeep and got art leather done for it for a very reasonable rate.

The art leather part was done separately and didnt cost much AFAIK.
Old 3rd July 2007, 17:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Bottle, I dunno about the Stile but the seats on earlier Palio's (pre-NV to be general) came with seats made by Tata Johnson and had a different shape and size. The later models came with seats made by some other company whose name I cannot recollect right now. Accessory stores usually have the seat covers for Tata Johnson seats in stock whereas the newer design seats are bigger in size and will not take the stock covers. The best option is to get a custom set stitched for your car rather than opting for the factory made ones.

Hope that helps.
hey moral , have decided to get stanley but waiting a few months to get some mileage from current fabric mostly will get it done after second service is done. stanley said they would remove current fabric and then stitch so it should be a good tight fit. and also yes the seats do seem different. current 1.6 seats are a lot lower and the back feels a bit different compared to the old 1.2 nv seats

Last edited by bottle : 3rd July 2007 at 17:41.
Old 3rd July 2007, 18:49   #19
Team-BHP Support

Hey Bottle, keep me updated. I am in minds to go for Stanley in my car too. Let me know how it goes with some pictures if possible please. My 1.6 seats feel higher and softer than the older Tata Johnson ones (Knobs to recline the seats). The current ones are operated with a lever to recline.
Old 3rd July 2007, 19:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

hey moral , mine come with the knob too.. my old nv had lever. so i guess mine is the tata johnson one ?
Old 3rd July 2007, 19:10   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
so i guess mine is the tata johnson one ?
Yes possible. I need to take a look now . The knob ones were always Tata Johnson whereas the lever ones that I have are some other make.
Old 3rd July 2007, 22:55   #22
BHPian

cartik-art leather is just good to look at, it heats up very badly and you tend to sweat a lot too. so i would suggest go for genuine leather.if not leather go in for fabric.
bottle-16v100bhp's offer is a good one,cause the amount you plan to spend on seat covers is 15000 k, if you could get racing seats for lesser than that, would be a better buy.
Old 3rd July 2007, 23:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

@designation , i sat in those seats during the chennai meet , found it a tad bit narrow for my wide frame
Old 4th July 2007, 16:04   #24
BHPian

bottle-ok ,then its better to go for plan "A".
Old 4th July 2007, 19:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

A friend wants to put Stanley leathers on his Black Baleno. Best place in bangalore? Dont tell me the Indra Nagar 100f rd showroom will do it for him?
Old 4th July 2007, 19:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
A friend wants to put Stanley leathers on his Black Baleno. Best place in bangalore? Dont tell me the Indra Nagar 100f rd showroom will do it for him?
There is a Stanely showroon on Mission Road. Its right next to Advaith Hyundai service centre and PFM.
Old 5th July 2007, 10:41   #27
BHPian

ironwolf- the best place would be stanley,mission road,the manger there,yeshwanth is a good friend of mine can surely put a word to him for discounts, do let me know ok??
Old 9th July 2007, 01:17   #28

Hi Bottle,
Did you finally fix the seat covers. I also plan to got to Stanley to fix seat covers for my Innova, have also found a guy in Anna nagar who was referred yb Ovion, Bangalore
Old 9th July 2007, 12:14   #29
BHPian

Hi Atease,

Who is the guy referred by bottle in annanagar?Where in annanagar is he?
Old 9th July 2007, 23:53   #30

Hi Redsfx,

Bottle was talking about Stanley, I did my research and found out about Ovion dealer in Chennai, his shop is somerwhere in Anna Nagar. Following are his contact details:
Ovion Seating Chennai - NS Kumar - 9444331930, planning to meet him this weekend.
Atease

Last edited by aah78 : 10th July 2007 at 04:43. Reason: HTML formatting removed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks