Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2021, 05:41   #31

Re: Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City

Awesome! I've done a similar contraption recently on my Verna. Like you said, I am a bit spatially challenged, I'd need a bit of time and some reverse-forward maneuvers to get a proper curb parking.

I hate to add as much as a sticker to the car, I want it to be absolutely stock. The hardest part in adding a camera was the need of a screen and a switch to activate the camera and the camera itself.

Bought an FPV camera for 400 bucks, routed supply from the rear defogger to the camera, which is also routed to activate reverse mode in the car stereo, camera was installed inside the left mirror.
Attached Thumbnails
Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-img_20210131_171844.jpg  

Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-img_20210204_192317.jpg  

leorcid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 11:22   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by city2491 View Post
I have an Android head unit and among other things, a front camera can be easily integrated into the system.
Hi, I have a Ciaz, in which, I'm contemplating to install a front camera for the exact reasons listed by you in the initial post. I'm in Mumbai and tight parking spots/stack parking could become much more easier with a front cam.

I have a factory fitted HU with integrated reverse camera. Could you throw some light on how I can integrate the front camera on the HU without tampering with the warranty. I know that new Baleno/XL6 have a 360 camera, so may be the Ciaz software also has a provision which could be activated for the front cam.

Thanks!
Old 22nd July 2023, 00:17   #33
BHPian

Wonderful effort! Thanks for sharing @city2491

I'm planning to get this done in my Verna 2018 SX+ AT.

I don't want to change the OEM Head unit. I've the rear camera and sensors factory-fitted.

The idea is to have the cameras triggered automatically. Is it possible to connect both the rear and front camera together on the same channel input with a controller / switch to the head unit? I'm looking for some cost-effective solution.

The rear camera gets the power from reverse light. I want the front parking camera to be powered from the turn signal lamps, in such a way that turning on either of the left or right indicator should power the front camera. Is it possible?

The reverse camera should have the priority if there is any conflict of trigger.

Any pointers will be very helpful.
Old 31st August 2023, 16:54   #34
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,

Planning to install the Pioneer Z6350 BT in my Ford Figo. Looking for suggestions for front camera. The resolution of the screen is 800*480 and thus I am assuming that only SD camera is supported. For the rear, I am looking at the Blaupunkt BC DH2.4-

https://blaupunktcar.in/buy/car-acce...-bc-dh2.4/347/

However, I am unable to decide the front cam. I was looking at the Blaupunkt DH3.1 since it is the only camera from Blaupunkt which can be used as a front cam. However, there is no way that I can accommodate this camera without it looking horrid. This is how the front profile of my car is-

Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-20230823_192856.jpg

So drilling to install a camera is out of the question. Request you all to suggest a camera which can be fit in the upper grill area. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks