Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2020, 12:53   #16
BHPian

Re: Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
Can the camera be auto activated in first gear just like it happens for reverse?
The reverse gear has a connector that activates when it is engaged right inside the transmission. There is no such connector for any other gears.

You could use a camera swicher available at Aliexpress which has a microcontroller that engages the front camera after getting out of reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Quick question, I already have a android HU which is hooked to reverse camera, can I also get it hooked to front camera? Will I be able to access both front and back feed at the same time? I have Pioneer HU.
If it is a full android like mine, then it's possible. If it is a pioneer HU, then it must have an AV in RCA port or otherwise you could use a camera switcher. Or even just a simple switch somewhere on your dash.
city2491 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 13:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakirank View Post
This is pretty useful. I drive an SX4 and have no way of knowing what's in front of the bonnet, outside my field of view, especially stones or other obstacles.

However, he did not recommend it as he stated that the image would be switched (mirrored).

As you have already explained this can be changed in the settings. Would be worth a try
My dad has a 2016 Baleno, and as he was used to the WagonR's short bonnet, he got a TFT Touch IRVM Unit and a Front and Rear Camera installed in his car. The Rear Camera is on AV2 and gets switched on by default when the reverse gear is selected. But the Front Camera has to be switched on Manually by selecting AV1 in the TFT Unit. The image of the Front Camera is mirrored, and he and I have both got used to seeing it and maneuvering the car in our parking with that image.

The Wires to switch the Guidelines and mirrored Image on and off come in the newer cameras, and I have ordered such a thing from AliExpress for my Triber, waiting for it.

Link :-

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dWu5sDS

Hope it helps. I am going to attach a Front Camera and one below the Left ORVM to a separate TFT Unit (ordered from AliExpress as well) in my Triber, which already comes with a Rear Camera, for journeying through the Leh Ladakh Lahaul Spiti regions in the times ahead, and for knowing what's next to my Left hand tyres when giving passes on narrow mountain roads.

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th June 2020 at 14:25. Reason: Added link
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 13:37   #18
BHPian

Thats a cool install! I wonder if there is any camera available that supports night vision just like the ones on Mercedes cars.
Can the camera be tweaked for wide angle?
would it need a daily clean as dust is aplenty on our roads?
Old 9th June 2020, 13:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickshift99 View Post
Thats a cool install! I wonder if there is any camera available that supports night vision just like the ones on Mercedes cars.
Can the camera be tweaked for wide angle?
would it need a daily clean as dust is aplenty on our roads?
  • The lens of the camera is pretty small, so I don’t think any daily cleaning would be required. I will report back about this after a few days of use.
  • There are cameras wider than this, they go up to a W-I-D-E 180° as well.
    180° is used in ORVM cameras, and the front is usually not that wide, because the wider you go, the more distorted the image becomes with respect to the size of the actual obstacle and it’s image.
  • There are cameras with IR LEDs on the circumference that aids in Night Vision.
city2491 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 14:03   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickshift99 View Post
Just a thought, won't the headlights be enough for helping out in nights?!
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 23:31   #21
BHPian

NIGHT VISION:

Works perfectly with the headlights turned on:

Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-20200609_231945min.jpg
city2491 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 18:47   #22

Thanks for this description - a great job done. About 4 years ago I installed a front camera on my Innova (which came equipped with a rear camera), but used a dedicated 4" monitor. This clutters up the dashboard a bit. The camera is focused so that the top edge of the front number plate is just about visible, thus giving a point of reference for the forward most part of the car. Inside the cabin I added a simple toggle switch near the bonnet unlock lever and flip it ON when needed. The camera has saved me from lots of scrapes in tight parking situations. Surprisingly, the camera lens hardly ever needs cleaning. Can anyone suggest a method to integrate this with the Toyota head unit.
Old 12th June 2020, 20:58   #23
BHPian

I installed the front camera in addition to the rear camera a while ago in my Honda city. It really helps in so many ways. With our poorly designed roads , gigantic potholes and open gutters, it really gives you the additional eye to view all these obstructions which could damage your car. So basically my camera is connected through the pioneer head unit. By default it gets activated when the car starts. I can also turn it on or off whenever required. It has a 175degree wide viewing angle. I got it installed inside the front Honda logo rendering it virtually impossible for one to notice it. The only downside of this is that I can’t record the video. For that any way I use an action cam. I’ll let the pictures do the talking now.
Attached Thumbnails
Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-7931aeafdd2347b8832394def75b2a15.jpeg  

Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-620f8daeaee24903b837425db8bff586.jpeg  

Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-add552ca41c64b5891159eccdb1f9841.jpeg  

Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-dbf95c326777458d87e6f791a37ee0eb.jpeg  

Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-fbc1b5d1f34348929510e5b2d569d1c1.jpeg  

Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-9f611bbfcbde4a7ca45d6fe7e84bdc07.jpeg  

Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-cfcc3cf491004087a471abad7ef15e03.jpeg  

Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-1b9a638fb73b4414ba6cf082a2bd5fb4.jpeg  

raycers_honda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 17:29   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by city2491 View Post
[*]A front camera can be fitted into a standard double din head unit by using a microcontroller that switches the input.
Can you please help me with more details about this microcontroller? My father drives a Creta with a Sony XAV5000 Head unit with only a reverse camera input. This could help a lot!
Old 25th June 2020, 13:16   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA-G13B View Post
Can you please help me with more details about this microcontroller? My father drives a Creta with a Sony XAV5000 Head unit with only a reverse camera input. This could help a lot!
Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-screenshot_20200625131355_chrome.jpg

Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-screenshot_20200625131340_chrome.jpg

I have not tested this product but it will work on aftermarket head units as well as factory head unit

For creta you need a RCA to OE reverse camera adapter.
city2491 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 19:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

I already installed Blaupunk Long Beach 970 system on my Tata Tigor with reverse camera and sensor.

In addition, I wanted to fit a front parking camera and as such I checked the user manual of Long Beach 970 but unable find anything about the possibility of fixing a front camera and connect into the system.

Then, I wrote to Blaupukt customer support (I have a good contact who is very supportive all these days) asking the possibility of fixing a front camera and then connect same into the existing system.

He too confirmed that there was no direct /dedicated feature of providing a front camera connection, However, there is some possibility, i.e. if the camera will have an option to select mirror mode and also have an RCA output, then we can input the camera into the AV IN option in the Radio. Whenever I need to see the front camera on my radio screen, then I need to select the AV IN icon on the main screen.

The Customer support executive gave me the contact details of the local Blaupunkt guy who in turn gave me their authorised shop in my place.

Here is the details of the Camera from Blaupunkt.

All looks fine, but one disadvantage is that when we press AV IN icon the radio function will be off. I think this is not a big problem for me. The technician, however, suggested another alternative by fitting a DPST switch to toggle between reverse camera input and front camera.

Anyway, I still prefer the easy job, i.e. to connect the front camera to AV IN of the HU and will be doing it in a week's time.

Any other suggestions, you guys can offer?
Old 1st October 2020, 19:36   #27
BHPian

Hey Guys, this is precisely what I have been looking for Creta 2020 (hoping to see it soon in my garage)

Can this be integrated with OEM unit? Hope it doesn't void warranty?

Last edited by deepakdograbhp : 1st October 2020 at 19:56. Reason: Reworded for clarity
deepakdograbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 15:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, I have fitted the front parking camera (Blaupunkt) on my car. It took around 45 minutes (10 minutes we lost in a discussion where to fix the camera). The installation seems nice and the technician was knowledgeable in this trade. I have taken a video, but it's not come that good as I didn't want to stand close to him to take clear shots what he is doing because of Covid-19 precautions (covid head count keep raising day by day here).

As discussed previously, the output RCA of the Camera is now connected to the input of AV IN of the Blaupunkt HU. So, just click AV IN icon and the front camera is on but Radio will not work. Put the reverse gear and the reverse parking camera will function.

Herewith couple of pictures:

Frontn parking camera
Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-img_20201002_170236.jpg

Reverse parking camera
Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-img_20201002_170247.jpg

front parking camera fixed on the front grill under the number plate
Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-img_20201003_090358.jpg

Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-img_20201003_090404.jpg

Installed! Front Parking Camera in my Honda City-img_20201003_090427.jpg

The color of the camera and the frame matches with the grill as such the camera is not easily visible for those who standing in front of the car, unless you bent down and see very closely.
nairrk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 10:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
As discussed previously, the output RCA of the Camera is now connected to the input of AV IN of the Blaupunkt HU.
Thanks @nairrk, I assume this solution would work with most of OEM infotainment units (looking to add this to Creta unit)

Would local accessories guy be able to work this out?

Cheers!
Old 4th October 2020, 18:51   #30
BHPian

Asked my SA to get this installed by dealership engineer only (offered him that I will purchase the camera on my own).

He politely said it will void the warranty. I'm not taking my chances with warranty and dropping the plan till the time Hyundai comes up with a front camera accessory (hoping to see this soon; guess its a big miss in Creta especially SX variant which costs in excess of 17 Lacs on road)
deepakdograbhp is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks