Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2023, 14:03   #151
BHPian

Re: Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek8421 View Post
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately the Bangalore dealers are not as helpful when it comes installing from online purchase.
Reach out to these branches:

https://brandshops.jktyre.com/locati...taka/bangalore

They should be able to assist you. I don't think they'll ignore you. They'll probably use their dealer ID to get the vendor benefits.
raptor_diwan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 15:16   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Offline JK dealers 5K for 5 sensors including fitting
I see your location as Bangalore, Where in Bangalore are you getting this quote from? I installed it from here https://www.google.com/maps/place/JK...3m20?entry=ttu for Rs.500/piece including fitting. This was about a month back and they had June manufactured ones in stock at that time.

Ps - I have no affiliation with this store. I was passing through, enquired and got them fitted.

Last edited by dass : 29th August 2023 at 15:21. Reason: edit
dass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 15:49   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I see your location as Bangalore, Where in Bangalore are you getting this quote from? I installed it from here https://www.google.com/maps/place/JK...3m20?entry=ttu for Rs.500/piece including fitting. This was about a month back and they had June manufactured ones in stock at that time.

Ps - I have no affiliation with this store. I was passing through, enquired and got them fitted.
Thanks a lot. 500 a piece is really cheap.
I stay in frazer town. So hoskote quite far. So far all my inquiries have been with official JK dealers and all are quoting 5k approx for sensors and fitting.
I am getting 2.5K for sensors but only online.
Old 2nd September 2023, 13:27   #154
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting 2.5K for sensors but only online.
I live in north Bangalore and I reached out to three dealers and all of them quoted 5k. Will try calling few more dealers and see if I can get a better deal.
Snowflakes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 15:18   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflakes View Post
I live in north Bangalore and I reached out to three dealers and all of them quoted 5k. Will try calling few more dealers and see if I can get a better deal.
Yes this has been my experience as well. I am thinking of buying with Kunal and trying to get it fitted close by.
He has both rubber and steel sensors and I verified with Treel customer care that he is an authorised distributor.
Old 22nd September 2023, 14:25   #156
BHPian

One thing I felt really awesome about was their customer support. I dropped a message from their website support page and an email to hello@treel.in regarding the app not showing up on Android Auto issue. Got a call from their support in less than 10mins and they shared a updated app link. (I will first check if the one from play store is working already since there is a new version updated on Aug 28th)

This is the link they shared: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WDLri6nyjqUWNj

I will try it if the play store version is still not showing up on Android Auto.
rroy92 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 15:33   #157
Senior - BHPian

To the folks using them. How long do their batteries last
Old 22nd September 2023, 17:01   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
To the folks using them. How long do their batteries last
According to the seller, it's supposed to have for 5-year, and if it fails during that period, they will replace it. Personally, I believe it should last for at least 3 years.
raptor_diwan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 13:17   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
I will try it if the play store version is still not showing up on Android Auto.

I can confirm that the play store one still doesn't work
but the new apk linked here works.
Old 3rd October 2023, 15:25   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
I can confirm that the play store one still doesn't work
but the new apk linked here works.

Installed 5 sensors that I purchased from Kunal as recommended by OP.
Kunal provided the APK as above as well as his dealer code.
I got the sensors installed for 150 each along with 1000 for alignment and balancing.

So far it is perfectly accurate. AA works well.

Thank you @raptor_diwan
Shrek8421 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 18:50   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Thanks Raptor for the link. I missed seeing this post previously. Google was sending me to far of dealers and they were all quoting close to 5k for installation.

When I checked your link today found a dealer near by home. So, Instead of giving a call went directly to him and per sensor he quoted 800 bucks initially later agreed for 550 Rs per sensor. So got a good deal. Thank you

Last edited by Snowflakes : 13th October 2023 at 18:52. Reason: Spelling correction
Snowflakes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 18:58   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflakes View Post
Thanks Raptor for the link. I missed seeing this post previously. Google was sending me to far of dealers and they were all quoting close to 5k for installation.

When I checked your link today found a dealer near by home. So, Instead of giving a call went directly to him and per sensor he quoted 800 bucks initially later agreed for 550 Rs per sensor. So got a good deal. Thank you
That's wonderful, @snowflask! It sounds like you've scored a fantastic deal.
Old 8th November 2023, 16:15   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Fitted the rubber TPMS on alloy wheels after the technician gave me some crap about it. But I said okay after noticing that the unit came marked from August 2023. Their steel versions were all 2022 or 2021. 500 a wheel including the fitting.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/icGGtafV29SH1AQL8
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 20:57   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Fitted the rubber TPMS on alloy wheels after the technician gave me some crap about it. But I said okay after noticing that the unit came marked from August 2023. Their steel versions were all 2022 or 2021. 500 a wheel including the fitting.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/icGGtafV29SH1AQL8
Principle difference between the rubber units and the steel units.

Rubber: Cannot be reused with the rubber valve necks. If you change the rim, the valve necks need to be cut off. The tpms can still be reused albeit with a different valve neck.

Steel: Can be reused but is apparently prone to leakage.

No price difference between the two units. I could only find the rubber units from the current year.

Also a friend installed the steel units on his Jimny and his carplay works well on the dash connected with the treel TPMS.

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-img20231108wa0018.jpg

No such luck with my AA.

Last edited by Red Liner : 8th November 2023 at 21:02.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 10:33   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more observations.

Both metal and rubber versions of the valve are independent of the actual sensor. There is a screw type attachment.

Whether metal or rubber valves, both are usually disposed off at the end of the lifecycle of the tyre. Usually even if changing a rim or anything the valve is always disposed off by the tyre dealership, who will insist on a new valve anyway to ensure peace of mind. So it doesn't matter if you have a metal tip valve or a rubber tip valve, your local dealer will discard both of these.

However the tyre sensor itself can be unscrewed for further use.

All you need to do is buy and keep stock of these valves from JK tyre, whether rubber or metal for reinstallation. A regular valve which is not compatible will not work.

So here is the end game. Rubber or metal doesn't really make any difference. Get a latest manufacture sensor.

Now to Android Auto. I used the apk listed here somewhere and AA doesnt work. Whereas my friend downloaded the apple version and it connected seamlessly to his carplay. Go figure!

Treel (by JK Tyres) launches internal TPMS sensors with Bluetooth-img20231108wa0018.jpg

Has anyone managed to get AA working recently? Someone else I know is using the same Apk and stil has AA working. Is it something to do with the settings?

EDIT: scrolled above and found the latest APK which I seem to have overlooked. Updated the app. Will give it a look again soon.

Last edited by Red Liner : 9th November 2023 at 10:44.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks