Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2020, 20:16   #46
BHPian

Re: iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Does Blaze provide any installation support? Or do they recommend an installer?
I recommend you speak directly with Mr. Amit Sawhney (Contact number 98714 90280) of Blaze India. I recently ordered set of Bi Xenon projector fog lamps from him and he is super helpful. He patiently answered all my questions and even connected me with his technical team for my lighting connections related queries. You have an added advantage of being in Delhi such as you can plan a visit to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunwar.g View Post
AES is a brand older than IpHcar. Till a few years back they made "Chinese" grade products. Off lately , about 2 yrs they have started making quality products too, at a premium. Can go with it as AES fast start ballast in comparison to normal IPHcar ballast.
I second the opinion. Sharing website link for reference.

AES CAR PARTS
Ertigiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 16:49   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Now that we have looked at the Installation, let us move on to see the results of the fitment:

Overall very happy with the results from the Fog lamp upgrade. The iPHCAR Fog Projectors are a worthy buy at the specified price point. It is important to be aware that the same or very similar models are being sold by various different vendors at 2x and 2.5x the price quoted by Blaze India by adding different re-branding.

If you are looking for Projector Fog Lamps for your car, then I would give the iPHCAR Fog Lamps a big thumbs up and a big thumbs up to the seller Blaze India for superb pricing and support.
Thanks vsrivatsa for your detailed post, which was the source trigger for performed DIY with my City.

Could you please share when taking high beam power connection source, did you connect wires (blue one from your pics) individually or one source for both fogs.
Any additional earth connection added to the setup?
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:11   #48
BHPian

Amazing thread, Srivatsa . Such an insightful info .

Quote:

Based on the price listing, I decided to go with Blaze India itself. Blaze India contact/admin Amit Sawhney was very response on WhatsApp and answered all my queries promptly. He said he does not have any recommendations for any specific installer in Bangalore but would provide telephonic guidance.[/b]
And I ordered the same HIDs for my Swift , though I sold it off before installing them and they have been lying there idle from last 6 months and evenafter I bought Honda City, I couldn't get them installed ( my City is SV, it does not have foglamp wiring and so the issue of warranty void arises.( we discussed it on pm) ).

Quote:

I also clarified with Blaze India if any additional Relay would be required. Since the car already had Fog Lamps that came with it, he clarified that there would not be the need for any additional relay.
And the thing was simmering in back of my mind.

So I messaged Amit and he said I need additional relay for SV. But unfortunately, I am unable to find a place that can do this job smoothly in Hyderabad.
Now, as I see the illumination of the fog lamps in your car, I am inspired to get the job done .

Thank you.

Last edited by poised2drive : 23rd February 2021 at 11:13.
poised2drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 21:09   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
I am inspired to get the job done .

Thank you.
Finally , I took the plunge and got them installed , after a lot of waiting - I had to procure the fog lamp covers and the additional relay wiring - And I am glad it worked out.

The Fog lamps switch on along with the Headlamps as they are integrated with them and the hi and low fog beams are synced with hi and low beams of Headlamps.

The throw and illumination have significantly improved and the Beams are quite powerful .

Let the pictures speak.

I could not find a dark alley in my neighbourhood and had to be content with the empty plot.

Lights OFF
iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-lights-off.jpeg

Only Headlamps ( Used the Dipper as the Headlamps can't be switched on alone without Foglamps)
iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-stock-headlamps-only.jpeg

LowBeam ( Head lamps and Foglamps)
iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-head-lamps-foglamps-low.jpeg
Felt the right Fog lamp is a bit higher than the left one.

Highbeam ( Head lamps and Foglamps)
iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-headlamps-foglamps-hi.jpeg

Quote:
, let us move on to see the results of the fitment:

Just a Query !
The fog lamp bulbs seem to get unusually hot - Is it common ?

Last edited by poised2drive : 28th February 2021 at 21:12.
poised2drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 16:55   #50
BHPian

Anyone who recently got the fog projector kit from Blaze India?

Is IPH still the leading/recommended brand for the 3" projectors and which HID kit is recommended?

A few options that I got from them are as below:

IPH foglamps with IPH bulbs and GS EB-5 ballast - 6900
IPH foglamps with GS Xenon Kit (non-Canbus) - 8300
AES Premium Projector fog kit with UPS / GS kit - 9200

They said GS is made by AES.

Is Crystal Eye a good HID option (which they don't have)? Quoted 8k from another dealer.

Please help in selecting and are these all good deals?
ankitahuja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 17:16   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

So how have the foglamps fared over time? Its been a while since I got my hands on these things, and now I would want to upgrade the foglights of my Crysta with these projectors. Since importing from China is no longer as easy as before, I do not want to shop on Aliexpress. Hence I am considering some seller in India itself.

How is Blaze India in general? And are there reliable alternatives at the moment?
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 11:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Finally , I took the plunge and got them installed , after a lot of waiting - I had to procure the fog lamp covers and the additional relay wiring - And I am glad it worked out.

The Fog lamps switch on along with the Headlamps as they are integrated with them and the hi and low fog beams are synced with hi and low beams of Headlamps.

The throw and illumination have significantly improved and the Beams are quite powerful .

Let the pictures speak.

I could not find a dark alley in my neighbourhood and had to be content with the empty plot.

Lights OFF
Attachment 2126919

Only Headlamps ( Used the Dipper as the Headlamps can't be switched on alone without Foglamps)
Attachment 2126920

LowBeam ( Head lamps and Foglamps)
Attachment 2126917
Felt the right Fog lamp is a bit higher than the left one.

Highbeam ( Head lamps and Foglamps)
Attachment 2126918

Just a Query !
The fog lamp bulbs seem to get unusually hot - Is it common ?
Greetings,
I'm planning to get the Iphcar HID fogs for my Scross.
Can you please share the details of the place where you got the installation done in Hyderabad/Bza.
Thank You.
Stay Safe.
matchvan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 11:34   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
Greetings,
I'm planning to get the Iphcar HID fogs for my Scross.
Can you please share the details of the place where you got the installation done in Hyderabad/Bza.
Thank You.
Stay Safe.
Hey,

I got the Foglamps installed from a pvt Electrician who may not be available.

But you can get them installed at Twisters, BAnjara Hills ( nr Meridian School) You can talk to Vinay . They do a good job . Just get an appointment before going to the place.
poised2drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 13:13   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
So how have the foglamps fared over time?
How is Blaze India in general? And are there reliable alternatives at the moment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Anyone who recently got the fog projector kit from Blaze India?

Is IPH still the leading/recommended brand for the 3" projectors and which HID kit is recommended?
No issues with the Fog Lamps - they seem long lasting. Blaze India still sells these and they have a new LED based model as well for some time now which is sold at ₹6,900/-. These are sealed and Bulb cannot be replaced.

iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-whatsapp-image-20210926-10.39.06-pm.jpeg

iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-whatsapp-image-20210926-10.39.05-pm.jpeg

iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-whatsapp-image-20210926-10.39.04-pm.jpeg
vsrivatsa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 10:40   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No issues with the Fog Lamps - they seem long lasting.
Can you share feedback on performance of these Projector Fog lamps in rain? Will help if you have a dashcam video or can point to any other videos that highlight performance in rain. I am thinking about replacing my stock LED fogs with a HID projector fog setup.
Old 4th November 2021, 13:46   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No issues with the Fog Lamps - they seem long lasting. Blaze India still sells these and they have a new LED based model as well for some time now which is sold at ₹6,900/-. These are sealed and Bulb cannot be replaced.
Late update but I ended up ordering the same directly off Aliexpress but to my German address which I would install once I am back in Bangalore in a few days. Even the LED projectors are being sold by multiple sellers so I am interested to try out both for my Crysta and Celerio. That would make all three cars in my garage have projectors in the fog lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Can you share feedback on performance of these Projector Fog lamps in rain? Will help if you have a dashcam video or can point to any other videos that highlight performance in rain. I am thinking about replacing my stock LED fogs with a HID projector fog setup.
Lighting is improved but you cant expect to see anything on the road in the rain due to the nature of light reflection. You will only be able to spot objects better with these lights and a greater spread compared to any stock setup. But the road itself would not reflect light back in your direction especially when wet.

Last edited by audioholic : 4th November 2021 at 13:48.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 09:44   #57
BHPian

Quote:
In recent times I have been trying various LED Headlight upgrade options on my Honda City. The Low Beam and High Beam upgrades have been already covered as part of my ownership report.

I was also provided a pair of LED Parking Lights (missed to capture that in a picture).

I also clarified with Blaze India if any additional Relay would be required. Since the car already had Fog Lamps that came with it, he clarified that there would not be the need for any additional relay.
V-Srivatsa,
I am keen on these fogs, but i have the younger sibling of City aka Honda Brio which also come with 3 inch fog housing enclosure.

How wide is the beam throw?
Reason for ask is i drive on the treacherous Bangalore-Mysore nh275 weekly which has rubbish tarmac, badly marked diversions with 0 street lights.

I stay near A1 car center at South Bangalore, any chance i could see the beam throw before plonking down monies?
Old 18th November 2021, 22:23   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I have not driven on highways in rain after the HID projector fog installation, but the overall visibility is much better with these on when driving in rain inside the city when compared to Xtreme Vision 3700K halogens. Mine is 4300K HID bulb though. Not sure how good 6000K/6500K white HIDs can manage.

Last edited by theredliner : 18th November 2021 at 22:25.
Old 19th November 2021, 17:17   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Mine is 4300K HID bulb though. Not sure how good 6000K/6500K white HIDs can manage.
If possible, can you share a few videos with the fogs in action? Will help me decide if it actually makes a significant difference to visiblity at night.
Old 30th November 2021, 21:51   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got time to change the fog lights of the Crysta. The stock LED fog lights were only contributing mildly to the overall illumination of the headlights and this swap was needed for higher speed highway drives at night. The LED low beams are very good but the high beams are not so good especially in partially lit roads or with oncoming traffic. Hence after used to this insane setup in my SX4(H4 Osram LEDs + Osram HID) it was obvious that I wanted it in the Crysta also.

I sourced the product from Aliexpress while I was in Germany. While there was no price advantage, the Innova needs a different mount and also a shroud to suit the curvature of the mounting area. This was not provided by sellers in India and in the installation images which are widely available in internet, the projector either protudes out of the bumper or sits inside with a gap on one side. In addition to this I was able to procure CN Light HID kit which is one of the better Chinese brands as per my experience. I chose 6000K bulbs with 35W AC Quick start ballasts. However my choice of 6000K wasnt a perfect one since the headlight seem to be 4700k or slightly higher and the color doesnt match. I will change the bulbs at a later time.

Here are some pictures of the assembly. Notice the different mount and the shroud:
iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-img_3990.jpg

iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-img_3991.jpg

Installation was not easy compared to my SX4 owing to the nature the bumper of the crysta is designed. Its far more sturdy and mounted well. The SX4 on the other hand has a rather flexible bumper which I could just dismount from the side and then pull it all the way open for two of my hands to pass through and do all the working. In case of the Crysta, I had to lower the upper part of the bumper and open up the sides and still ended up with access issue and had to work with surgical skills just to reach the mounting screws.
iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-img_4087.jpg

In addition to this, I had to also use a relay and separate wiring harness for the projectors. The fog lights of the Innova are limited by a 10A fuse(havent checked the wattage) and the HID kits draw 12A at start and 6A later. Hence I was not okay with directly using the existing circuit whereas my SX4 has a 15A fuse for the fog light and it can easily take 55W H11s without using a separate harness and relay. This also took some time. The high beam connection to the projector is not yet made since I have to splice the wire going to the high beam bulb. This wire is very tightly connected and hardly exposed. Hence I am still looking for alternate options. But as an initial result, here are some pictures:

iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-img_4092.jpg

iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-img_4093.jpg

iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-img_4089.jpg

You can notice the amount of light the fog lights will add now

If you notice, the intensity is comparable to the LED headlights which actually backs the fact that the headlight low beam is very good. In comparison to this, the 100W Phillips rally on my SX4 was outshined by the projectors. I am expecting the intensity to slightly get better after a few hours of use though. The benefit of high beam is what would actually make a difference since it would add to the overall illumination in dark roads. From my experience with SX4, there is no need to use high beam except if you want to make an opposite vehicle dip their beam or in really pitch dark roads. Until then, the low beams are more than enough.

Since I have a trip planned to the western ghats next week, I would be able to notice the difference better that time.

Last edited by audioholic : 30th November 2021 at 22:06.
audioholic is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks