Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 20:59   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind splitter
@sumeethaldankar, thanks for the comment, do let us know how is you car doing with cone air filter, any improvements in performance and milage?
Hi,
I previously had a stock replacement K&N but got greedy for more sound and power.The moment i had the conical fitted i could find a certain eagerness in the car ,the drivability of the car improved in the higher gears.It was like i constantly felt the need to upshift asap while driving.
However the bottom end torque suffered and pickup in lower gears has somewhat been affected especially in slow moving traffic.And yes love the intake roar.Can't really comment on the mileage as i have just recently started filling the car by tankfulls and had just got the carb overhauled.As of now i get 13-14 in the city w/o a/c which i presume is more or less as per a regular stock 800.

Here's link to some more modded 800's.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ens-altos.html

Mods could merge the same with this thread.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 3rd February 2010 at 21:06.
Old 3rd February 2010, 21:11   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Dude , didn't you try for the CP guy? I'm sorry i could not spend time to guide you to his workshop.
I went, I asked around No one had a clue ! No worries man, I'll learn the market this ways only. But when you get time please do guide me, cause I am not liking how the can has been positioned. I hope the CP guy can try and put it the straight way
Old 3rd February 2010, 21:22   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi,
.As of now i get 13-14 in the city w/o a/c which i presume is more or less as per a regular stock 800.
13 - 14 kmpl, what are you guys talking about.

A well tuned M-800 must and should deliver 18-19 Kmpl under standard driving conditions.

My 1997 M-800, with all those 'n' number and many numerous modification's delivers 17 kmpl without A/C and 15 kmpl with A/C.

And this very car has clocked 2.30 lac kms as on date, with one engine overhaul at 1.37 lac kms.
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:38   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
13 - 14 kmpl, what are you guys talking about.

A well tuned M-800 must and should deliver 18-19 Kmpl under standard driving conditions.

My 1997 M-800, with all those 'n' number and many numerous modification's delivers 17 kmpl without A/C and 15 kmpl with A/C.

And this very car has clocked 2.30 lac kms as on date, with one engine overhaul at 1.37 lac kms.
Well i have had the misfortune of having my car tuned by a lousy garage for several years.In those days i used to get 9-10 kmpl.Imagine that.I found myslef a better garage whose mechanic was able to push that figure to 12-13.I had the carb o/h just this mid jan and till that it was around 13-14.

I have done my 1st tank full after that and am expecting a increase in FE.Besides most of my driving is for 5-10 Kms with a occassional trip to my office which is around 60 kms to and fro.So am keeping my fingers crossed till the next tank full.I think you are lucky to have a good tuner for your car to get such a good mileage though i really think that getting 18-19 kmpl in mumbai traffic conditions is pretty difficult.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 3rd February 2010 at 22:41.
Old 4th February 2010, 08:32   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble Beast View Post
I went, I asked around No one had a clue ! No worries man, I'll learn the market this ways only. But when you get time please do guide me, cause I am not liking how the can has been positioned. I hope the CP guy can try and put it the straight way
I don't think people around would know about something like FFE. I'm sure he can put it the straight way as i had recommended one of my colleauge to him who drives a santro and he was able to place it in a straight way ( All the Santros that ive seen with FFE have been fitted the way it's been fitted on your car which makes me think that he can do the same for 800 too )
Old 4th February 2010, 09:45   #96
BHPian

how bot this fellows?
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti 800 Mod Thread-img_2077.jpg  

Old 4th February 2010, 15:09   #97
BHPian

Looks cool. Is it carbon or a layering?
Old 4th February 2010, 16:26   #98
BHPian

Nice looker, what under the hood?
Looking by the shine its giving out I think its Carbon Sticker? Dont flame me, its just a guess.
Old 4th February 2010, 16:39   #99
BHPian

Its a paint job guys, done at a friends workshop! Not my car, he mailed me this pic for the new thing they tried
Old 4th February 2010, 16:50   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
how bot this fellows?
Awsome!!! if it is a paint job. Can you provide more details?
Old 4th February 2010, 17:18   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
I don't think people around would know about something like FFE. I'm sure he can put it the straight way as i had recommended one of my colleauge to him who drives a santro and he was able to place it in a straight way ( All the Santros that ive seen with FFE have been fitted the way it's been fitted on your car which makes me think that he can do the same for 800 too )
Please do guide me whenever you get time
Old 4th February 2010, 22:31   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble Beast View Post
Silencer house in cp? kaka?

Anyways i dont think even he can fit it straight because it will touch your rear suspension or come out more than half out of bumper, To get a straight fit you need to buy a smaller end can.
Old 5th February 2010, 02:17   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Silencer house in cp? kaka?

Anyways i dont think even he can fit it straight because it will touch your rear suspension or come out more than half out of bumper, To get a straight fit you need to buy a smaller end can.
Yes Kaka, now i remember the name of the guy from where i got it done. Last time when i went there for some welding job i asked him if i can the FFE cut a little bit to push it inside a bit ( for my alto ) but he suggested me to go for a smaller pipe which connects to the End can which would push the end can inside the bumper by about 2 inches ( he quoted Rs 700 for this alteration ).

I might get it done soon.
Old 13th February 2010, 05:20   #104
BHPian

My Baby still more to come..

The Maruti 800 Mod Thread-8001.jpg

The Maruti 800 Mod Thread-8002.jpg

The Maruti 800 Mod Thread-8003.jpg
Old 13th February 2010, 09:04   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzy Boy View Post
Nice car Tazzy Boy. BTW what type of antenna is that. I haven't seen them in actual. What are they called ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks