Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 00:10   #91
BHPian

yes riju, i got the door trims done too. It looks really good when we peep into the car from outside. But upon closer inspection, the finish isnt up to the mark. There are traces of glue on the sides of the door trims and also quite a few scratches. My next task would be to get someone to paint the whole door pad (excluding the leather trim of course) so that the finish looks better.

It costs Rs 4750 for genuine leather. Hemanth suggested tht i go for full black with a little bit of beige. But I had full beige in my mind all along and hence I went with my choice. I'll take a few snaps during the day time and post it.

P.S Any suggestions on the screw cover guys??
Old 31st May 2008, 14:15   #92
BHPian

Swift Dzire Seat Covers

Here are some pictures of art leather seat covers fitted in a new Swift dzire LDI. The steering cover also came with the seat covers. The car belongs to a friend of mine and the covers were fitted at Xenos Galleria in Chennai and the cost of the seat covers was around Rs.5500/-.
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-image025.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-image024.jpg  

Old 31st May 2008, 14:42   #93
BHPian

DZIRE Seat Covers - some more pics

Here are some more pictures of the front seat covers along with a neck rest which were negotiated by my friend and the xenos people gave it for free. Even though it appears to be a company show room some amount of bargaining does work.

I must say that they were fitted well and looked very nice, even though art leather may not be highly recommended for the hot and humid summers.
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-image023.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-image027.jpg  

Old 31st May 2008, 20:22   #94
BHPian

i liked the dzire covers.the finish looks real good and those additional head rest are a nice addition for the bargain cheers:.
as long as the ac is on on humid hot days.. i am sure the seats and headrest would do just fine.
Old 1st March 2009, 20:36   #95
Senior - BHPian

how does one maintain the softness of art leather? The art ( or otherwise) leather in my seat covers. steering wheel covers and gear knobs is beginning to lose the soft feel. anything i can do to make them feel like they used to ?

EDIT: found a bunch of stuff from sonax, armor all etc, but i doubt any of it is available in my town. saw a post by hydra saying he used baby shampoo. any other jugaad options?

Last edited by greenhorn : 1st March 2009 at 20:56.
Old 1st March 2009, 22:18   #96
BHPian

Hey guys, i too am exploring an option for a seat cover for my SWIFT. Can anybody help me with leather and Art Leather people in and around Trichur? i am pretty new to this place and don't know where to find decent installers.

I checked out some local guys and rates vary from 3000 to 5500. But i don't know exactly what the difference in materials used in this price range. Which one should i go for?
Old 1st March 2009, 23:24   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

It looks brilliant --- but, at the end of the day, it is plastic, and should not be sold under any such name as 'leather'. It is a con.

I can only stand the seat covers in my car by draping them with towels.

The original seats, though, must be protected, as otherwise the sweat would spoil them.
Old 4th March 2009, 11:03   #98
BHPian

srikant-if you have the budget go for genuine leather, try to avoid the so called "art leather".dont know about trichur but theres this place called "ostler" in cochin where they do leather.
Old 8th March 2009, 22:24   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
srikant-if you have the budget go for genuine leather, try to avoid the so called "art leather".dont know about trichur but theres this place called "ostler" in cochin where they do leather.
I just want a temporary solution as my seats are getting worn off. I dont want to spend on leather as i am planning to keep the car only for a year more.

So was considering the option of using turkish towel on art leather seats.
Old 9th March 2009, 09:11   #100
BHPian

Hi guys ,
Do the existing seat covers (OEM) needs to be removed for fitting the art leather ones ?
Old 9th March 2009, 15:09   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Hi guys ,
Do the existing seat covers (OEM) needs to be removed for fitting the art leather ones ?
please help .so that i can decide whether to keep oem or
go for an art leather one
Old 9th March 2009, 15:14   #102
Senior - BHPian

usually they fit over the existing ones . check with the acessories guy though
Old 9th March 2009, 15:17   #103
BHPian

thanks greenhorn will check it out
Old 9th March 2009, 15:22   #104
Senior - BHPian

@bullboy, there are both kinds.

IMHO, the type that replaces the OE seat-covers fits best. The these aftermarket covers will use the same "holding-rods" in the OE covers that give them the shape, making them follow the contours and 'cuts' of the seat, making them look OE. These covers might need to be custom-stitched for your car though. I don't think you can buy this type off-the-rack.

The type that goes over the OE seat covers seldoms fits very well and might look a little loosely fitted. But these will cost less, and can be bought off-the-rack.
Old 10th March 2009, 15:01   #105
BANNED

Anup, G-Sport fit seat covers over the OE ones, but they assure a "tight" fit.

Is it still recommended to take out the OE seat covers before fitting the new ones?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks