Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2022, 11:55   #916
BHPian

Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Thank you ashis89 and condor for your replies. ......
Will read up on the two suggested names/vendors as well.
Update: Got in touch with Shivakumar from Imperial leathers and made my order. Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered the Napa version for the covers. Car is to be fitted this Saturday. Will post pictures once done.
Again - Should I remove the OEM fabric cover or leave them in? They don't smell but are pretty stained - I think removing and discarding them would be better since I wont have the need for them anymore - might fit better and even if I wanted to refit the OEM ones I cant do it on my own, so.
Old 4th January 2022, 12:01   #917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update: Got in touch with Shivakumar from Imperial leathers and made my order. Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered the Napa version for the covers. Car is to be fitted this Saturday. Will post pictures once done.

What was the final quote? Are they also doing door cards/arm rest (I am looking for getting it done on my car)?

Do share the final pics.

Quote:
Again - Should I remove the OEM fabric cover or leave them in? They don't smell but are pretty stained - I think removing and discarding them would be better since I wont have the need for them anymore - might fit better and even if I wanted to refit the OEM ones I cant do it on my own, so.
I suggest you remove it since you mentioned they're pretty soiled. As such, we the new covers on top, you will never use the old original ones.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 13:12   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

What was the final quote? Are they also doing door cards/arm rest (I am looking for getting it done on my car)?
---------
I suggest you remove it since you mentioned they're pretty soiled. As such, we the new covers on top, you will never use the old original ones.
He agreed with 13K for Napa. I think they do the doors - I am getting the front and rear seat arm rests as well within that price.
Thanks for the suggestion - I have told him I will get the OEM covers removed and it seems he will slightly alter the measurements depending on whether you keep OEM covers or not.

Will share pictures after saturday.
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 16:00   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Got in touch with Shivakumar from Imperial leathers and made my order. ------.
Got the car seat covers fitted today. It was supposed to be tomorrow but due to weekend curfew, Shiva made it possible today.
Nice person, very humble and professional. His factory people are also very nice. You can go and see their work the whole time if you are interested. I would highly recommend this place. Though it was far for me (~25 kms), I feel it was completely worth the effort and money.
Shiva even suggests things for you even though you might not have asked for it (since he has made so many, he knows what combinations work and what doesn't). Highly recommended
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-whatsapp-image-20220107-11.35.37-am.jpeg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-whatsapp-image-20220107-1.50.15-pm.jpeg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-whatsapp-image-20220107-1.50.14-pm.jpeg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-whatsapp-image-20220107-1.50.15-pm-1.jpeg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-whatsapp-image-20220107-11.56.07-am.jpeg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-whatsapp-image-20220107-1.50.19-pm.jpeg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-whatsapp-image-20220107-1.50.16-pm.jpeg  

gtonsing is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 15:58   #920
Senior - BHPian

My i20 2021 model has art leather seat covers called "leatherette" by the Hyundai folks. It's very uncomfortable and I get a sweaty back even with AC on.
My previous car had fabric which was nice and later I fitted it with natural leather on touch surfaces which looked and felt fabulous.
So on the lookout for suitable seat covers, I had a look at elegant fabric covers. They range in price from 10 to 16k. And gave pu type of material on sides and back. Didn't like them so much.
Visited the Saddle studio near Bangalore Club yesterday. Wow. Superb finish on all their displays.
Roughly for my car they quoted approximately 20k for "microfiber" seat covers. This is artificial leather but very breathable.
The natural leather in touch areas was about 40 odd k, while full leather seat covers was 60 k.
I was kind of inclined towards the microfiber ones but have not heard much about them, so a bit hesitant to go ahead.
Anyone with experience with this microfiber covers?
Some pics. The yellow hanging material is microfiber. Rest is all natural leather.
Art Leather Seat Covers-img_20220123_113642.jpg

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_20220123_113651.jpg
goandude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 19:04   #921
Senior - BHPian

This may sound strange but I am looking for seat covers for new Creta and really liked the leather seat covers in Seltos HTX IVT model. Does anyone know if we can get the similar covers made for Creta?
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-20220416_190437.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-20220416_190444.jpg  

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 18th April 2022 at 19:05.
Old 5th May 2022, 04:28   #922
BHPian

Hi all, what's your experience with Hyundai original seat covers (art leather) for Creta that are sold by the dealer?
- Is it worth going ahead?
- Are those bucket type? Does the seat have to be cut to fit them?
- Are custom made seat covers better?

I had a very good experience with Honda original seat covers in my Jazz. They were great quality and a perfect fit. So would like the same experience on my new Creta.
Old 16th May 2022, 14:20   #923
BHPian

The second and third row of my Alcazar seats have some sort of velcro finish in the rear of the seats to which lots of my pets hair gets attached and removing it is very difficult. Is there any protection we can provide to the seats?
Old 13th July 2022, 15:13   #924

Quote:
My i20 2021 model has art leather seat covers called "leatherette" by the Hyundai folks. It's very uncomfortable and I get a sweaty back even with AC on.
I have the same thing: I sweat a lot and sometimes even with AC on, I'm bound to get sweaty back. Maintaining beige fabric seats is getting really difficult. Lots of blackish marks are creeping up. 3M shampoo wash is also not so helpful.

Did you find some suitable material? I guess any sort of leather material will not last long because of sweat right?
Old 19th April 2023, 20:01   #925
BHPian

Hi All, looking for your valuable advice and inputs. I’m looking to get leather seats done for my Hycross VX(O) as it currently has fabric seat covers. I’ve checked with Stanley few weeks back and was offered 95000+GST for Classic variant and 185000+GST for Nappa variety.

Today the same varients price have been revised to 135000+GST (approx) and 255000+GST (approx). I am not happy about the steep price hike and wanted to know if there are alternate options I can check or evaluate.

I am based out of Hyderabad.
Old 24th April 2023, 10:59   #926

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Hi All, looking for your valuable advice and inputs. I’m looking to get leather seats done for my Hycross VX(O) as it currently has fabric seat covers. I’ve checked with Stanley few weeks back and was offered 95000+GST for Classic variant and 185000+GST for Nappa variety.

Today the same varients price have been revised to 135000+GST (approx) and 255000+GST (approx). I am not happy about the steep price hike and wanted to know if there are alternate options I can check or evaluate.

I am based out of Hyderabad.
I am looking for airbag-friendly Fabric Seat covers for my Seltos HTK+ iMT, The default seat covers are fantastic but prone to get soiled easily because of the light colour. Looking for some good shops in Hyderabad, preferably kukatpally, Miyapur, Madhapur, Gachibowli area to get the seat covers done for my Seltos iMT
Old 11th June 2023, 23:38   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Yeah i got custom made seats with a fabric type material. The black has a velvet life soft touch feel and the grey fabric has a hexagon pattern, Costed me 5200 in Delhi.
Great looking seat covers! Where did you got them done in Delhi? Do they also do leather covers?
Old 12th June 2023, 18:00   #928
BHPian

Its been 13 years I got gsport covers for my FIGO, thinking of changing them. Any good and reliable place in Jayanagar where I can get it done? Any pointers will help.
Old 12th June 2023, 18:26   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Its been 13 years I got gsport covers for my FIGO, thinking of changing them. Any good and reliable place in Jayanagar where I can get it done? Any pointers will help.
I had got my creta seat covers done by imperial seat covers (I think they are called) in Bannerghatta Road (behind IIM, that smallish road just before what used to he HSBC Customer service building) I am very happy with them.
Look at this thread
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...bangalore.html (Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore))
Old 12th June 2023, 18:35   #930
HTC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
You can try imperial leather near bannergatta road.

Got covers done for my bros duster. He did a pretty good job. Cost for duster was around 11k or 12k dont remember exactly. Material was art leather with perforations.

For figo it would be less for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-20221227_115923.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-20221228_224300.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-20221228_223806.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks