Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2012, 12:39   #661
BHPian

Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

And here are the pics:

Art Leather Seat Covers-imag0062.jpg

Art Leather Seat Covers-imag0064.jpg

Art Leather Seat Covers-imag0066.jpg

Btw, Shiney Ahuja (of the fancy-my-maid fame) also gets his car interior done there. He had come there on the same day and was discussing upgrading interiors of his Lexus.
Animesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 11:28   #662
BHPian

Could someone suggest a seat cover for swift, i take my dog our in my car and hair sticks to my factory fitted seats its difficult to clean,

Thanks
switz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 13:33   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Could someone suggest a seat cover for swift, i take my dog our in my car and hair sticks to my factory fitted seats its difficult to clean,

Thanks
Would suggest art leather seat covers (Autoform or Artskin). You could also get them in many shops in GP road including Chandru Auto stores. You may check the Chennai directory thread for options but I would recommend Jewajee car decors Anna Nagar as their fitting is one of the best I have seen.
Old 29th August 2012, 18:39   #664
BHPian

Thanks Sridhar, Going to do this at adamjee at royapettah, jewajee is too far from my place, will update about the work after finishing the work.

Thanks
Srini
Old 30th August 2012, 19:09   #665
BHPian

Guys, I am planning to do seat cover for my Figo (Moondust silver), with Passat OEM seat pattern. (Almost like the above Honda Jazz's pattern) and in brown color (ala BMW, a tad bit darker than that). I thought it works for Figo's black interior.

Also anybody heard about Arcus in Anna nagar, Chennai (behind Chinthamani signal). I came to know about these guys on Chennai auto expo, They dont have any shops/outlet, they were operating in a house/godown. But they got good patterns and PUs. They were quoting me 8k for high grade PU also complimentary flooring.

Yet to decide

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 30th August 2012 at 19:17.
Old 30th August 2012, 19:12   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post

Thanks
Go for PU covers and not PVC. PVC are generally a bit thinner and may tear.
Old 1st September 2012, 18:56   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Guys, I am planning to do seat cover for my Figo (Moondust silver), with Passat OEM seat pattern. (Almost like the above Honda Jazz's pattern) and in brown color (ala BMW, a tad bit darker than that). I thought it works for Figo's black interior.

Also anybody heard about Arcus in Anna nagar, Chennai (behind Chinthamani signal). I came to know about these guys on Chennai auto expo, They dont have any shops/outlet, they were operating in a house/godown. But they got good patterns and PUs. They were quoting me 8k for high grade PU also complimentary flooring.

Yet to decide
Hi, nice to hear you planned to do seat cover for your figo can you post the pictures of it and also the contact No. of Arcus in AnnaNagar

How was your experience with them? Do they have their own factory? what about leather seats any idea?
Old 1st September 2012, 22:35   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Hi, nice to hear you planned to do seat cover for your figo can you post the pictures of it and also the contact No. of Arcus in AnnaNagar

How was your experience with them? Do they have their own factory? what about leather seats any idea?
Sathya, I came to know about these guys from Chennai Autoexpo. Visited them with a hope that there will be a showroom/outlet. But they are operating in a house/godown. They had their own factory it seems. They showed me the high grade PU, stuffs seems to be good and they also have nice set of patterns. Only thing is they are truly unknown, seems they just started operating.

For High grade PU for Figo they were quoting 8k + complimentary flooring.

But i was little hesitant to hand over my car to a new/unknown people.

Today went to Jeewajee in Anna nagar, that guy is verrryyyy friendly and very clean spoken. For the same pattern and almost same grade of PU, Jeewajee is quoting 10k. I gave advance to them. Just for peace of mind.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 23:03   #669
BHPian

So you were the other Figo-ian talking to Mohamed this evening then, showing interest in Artskin with a custom pattern. I came looking for seat-covers for my Figo as well at that time. I am also kind of sold to Artskin. Yet to decide on the pattern. Might use one of the patterns of the 'Feather' brand.

Quote:
Sathya, I came to know about these guys from Chennai Autoexpo. Visited them with a hope that there will be a showroom/outlet. But they are operating in a house/godown. They had their own factory it seems. They showed me the high grade PU, stuffs seems to be good and they also have nice set of patterns. Only thing is they are truly unknown, seems they just started operating.

For High grade PU for Figo they were quoting 8k + complimentary flooring.

But i was little hesitant to hand over my car to a new/unknown people.

Today went to Jeewajee in Anna nagar, that guy is verrryyyy friendly and very clean spoken. For the same pattern and almost same grade of PU, Jeewajee is quoting 10k. I gave advance to them. Just for peace of mind.
sara.ramli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 18:49   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
So you were the other Figo-ian talking to Mohamed this evening then, showing interest in Artskin with a custom pattern. I came looking for seat-covers for my Figo as well at that time. I am also kind of sold to Artskin. Yet to decide on the pattern. Might use one of the patterns of the 'Feather' brand.
Ohh you too a bhp-ian, we could ve exchange some words!. The other i20 guy also came to Jeewajee through team-bhp .
Yes Artskin got good color choice as well as the PU is feeling good. I have placed the order, Will get that on wednesday. Will post the picture once i fix.

Mohamed is a nice guy, when i express my color choice and pattern he turns excited. Gave info clearly. He doesn't recommend door pads saying it might tear off in few months. But bit reluctant when comes to bargaining
Old 4th September 2012, 14:18   #671
BHPian

I got seat covers done in Art Leather black color for my white Jazz. It was done at home.
Brand: Autoform
Total cost: 6300
Warranty: 2 yrs

Photos to follow soon!
Old 4th September 2012, 15:12   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Ohh you too a bhp-ian, we could ve exchange some words!. The other i20 guy also came to Jeewajee through team-bhp .
Yes Artskin got good color choice as well as the PU is feeling good. I have placed the order, Will get that on wednesday. Will post the picture once i fix.

Mohamed is a nice guy, when i express my color choice and pattern he turns excited. Gave info clearly. He doesn't recommend door pads saying it might tear off in few months. But bit reluctant when comes to bargaining
Artskin is good. Inface I would say better than Autofoam. I got my new SWIFT's seat covers done at jeewajee. Mohammed did a wonderful job and mine was more of a custom made seat cover since the pattern wasnt available with artskin/autofoam. Costed me 7.8k (as I didnt opt for the free perfume).
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-dsc05357.jpg  

Old 4th September 2012, 17:45   #673
BHPian

Today i got the seat installed Art skin with custom pattern, will upload the picture later. I have chosed some different shade and pattern. Some may like some may not. Workmanship is GOOD in Jeewajee, Mohamed will be around all the time and the team is good. Also got GSport leather wrap for steering. I placed order on Saturday and Mohamed promised before Wednesday and done it by Tuesday itself.

MutantX your swift seat cover is looking really GOOD.

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 4th September 2012 at 17:48.
Old 4th September 2012, 21:11   #674
BHPian

As promised here is my Figo seats, done @ Jeewajee Anna nagar, Chennai. Brand Art Skin, Cost 10k, including additional GSport pure leather steering grip.

Sorry for the quality of the picture, Will upload clear picture with a proper camera sometime in the weekend.

Comments are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-seat1.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-seat2.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-seat3.jpg  

DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 22:23   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT
As promised here is my Figo seats, done @ Jeewajee Anna nagar, Chennai. Brand Art Skin, Cost 10k, including additional GSport pure leather steering grip.

Sorry for the quality of the picture, Will upload clear picture with a proper camera sometime in the weekend.

Comments are welcome.
Good looking pattern and the workmanship induces confidence. I have placed my order as well with Jeewajee and awaiting arrival on Thursday. Here's a illustration of how it might look like, once fixed. Pardon the image quality and the possibly skewed aspect ratio.

Art Leather Seat Covers-sc-ours.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks