Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2011, 17:39   #616
Senior - BHPian

Art Leather Seat Covers for i20

Friends,

I am planning for Art Leather Seat covers for my new i20 Asta. Sorry I am a complete novice on this subject, so need help from you guys here.

Am looking for seating comfort importantly. Should get spoiled/damaged due to water etc.

Can someone please share your experience, who fitted seat covers for their i20 recently?

1) Good shops/dealers to look for in Bangalore
2) What are the types of covers i should look for?
3) What are the types of covers that should be avoided (say for e.g. some particular type of seats gets very hot in summer - Just an example).
4) Can the seat cover be removed or changed in future (and use the default one if required)?
5) Will the art leather seat covers damage the company fitted default seats by any chance?

Budget is 6k to 10k.

Thanks for your help in advance !

-Ravi
Old 9th June 2011, 18:03   #617
Senior - BHPian

Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Ravi - Request you to go through this thread, you will find answers for all your queries.
Old 10th June 2011, 10:00   #618
BHPian

Re: Art Leather Seat Covers for i20

"My answers to your queries are in bold within the quoted text"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Am looking for seating comfort importantly. Should get spoiled/damaged due to water etc.

Can someone please share your experience, who fitted seat covers for their i20 recently?

G-Sport, Marvin, Ovion, Karlsson, Autoform etc., there are many choices.
Considering 4) and 5), slip on covers (that sit upon Std. seat upholstery, clipped to the the under-seat structure.
3) What are the types of covers that should be avoided (say for e.g. some particular type of seats gets very hot in summer - Just an example).
I honestly don't know. AFAIK, Ovion (that will cost 10k via Advaith Hyundai for the i10) doesn't heat up too much, having sat in one such i10 that had been exposed to 35* C for a couple of hours. Not really good compared to Std. fabric, but at least way better than the OE Art leather from Ford on my Fiesta.
4) Can the seat cover be removed or changed in future (and use the default one if required)?
IF you go in for SLIP ON covers
5) Will the art leather seat covers damage the company fitted default seats by any chance?
Same as above.
Budget is 6k to 10k.
I guess Ovion, Karlsson, Marvin will lie at the upper limit of your budget. G Sport in the middle.

-Ravi
Old 10th June 2011, 11:40   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,
You have umpteen dealers in town to look for designs from. Fellow member Arkin has already listed a few.

Quote:
Only art leather seats would fall in your budget. So look at the luster of perforated materials from dealers.

Quote:
The el-cheapo JC road type of seat covers.

Quote:
Yes it can be.

Quote:
Usually they remove the company seat covers and fit the new one's. This is mostly done to achieve a tight fit around the seat molds.
Old 10th June 2011, 14:34   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

I am planning for Art Leather Seat covers for my new i20 Asta. Sorry I am a complete novice on this subject, so need help from you guys here.

Budget is 6k to 10k.

-Ravi
Ravi, go through this link -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

He offers good discount also. You can contact Shivakumar and tell my name also. I have done last day for my NHC with 7.5K

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 10th June 2011, 22:39   #621
BHPian

Please do check in Sachin's Autoshop in Koramangala. He has decent collection and is quite helpful.i have done mine there itself for both of my cars.
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:15   #622
BHPian

I have got my ANHC leather seat covers done by Karlsson today. He worked on a brand new design with a blend of sandstone+Black that looks real cool and classy. Total came to about 28K. Shall post pics in couple of days.
Old 25th June 2011, 16:29   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
If anyone in New Delhi/NCR requires Autoform seat covers at wholesale rates, Then you can contact me as I have the contact details of the distributor in New Delhi.

Can you believe that i got Autoform ucheer done up on my fusion with bucket seat fitting at Rs. 6000/- . Aint that an awesome price? I think it is.

Whats more, These guys also send a boy to fix the seat covers in your home & charge only Rs.100 extra so that you dont need to bring your car in crowded areas.
Hi Mustang,

Please share the contact number of Autoform distributor in Delhi. I would like to go for Autoform seat covers for my New Fluidic Verna. Thanks in advance for the info....
Old 27th June 2011, 11:51   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I too am waiting to get one for my Safari.
jkdas, Did you get this done?
Old 29th June 2011, 16:21   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidic_fan View Post
Hi Mustang,

Please share the contact number of Autoform distributor in Delhi. I would like to go for Autoform seat covers for my New Fluidic Verna. Thanks in advance for the info....
@fluidic_fan i got art leather seat covers (Autoform, U Impress, 6.2K) done for my Fiesta a couple of weeks back from Batra car care in Gurgaon. Let me know if you need their contact details.
Old 30th June 2011, 01:14   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothless View Post
@fluidic_fan i got art leather seat covers (Autoform, U Impress, 6.2K) done for my Fiesta a couple of weeks back from Batra car care in Gurgaon. Let me know if you need their contact details.
Kindly share some pics of your cars interiors so we can see how good the work has been done.
Old 30th June 2011, 03:14   #627
knp
BHPian

Go for Pensee leathers, they are of good quality and I am having them for last 2 years and no issues till now. they are not slip-on, and fits well, gives you the oem feel.
Old 30th June 2011, 11:39   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Kindly share some pics of your cars interiors so we can see how good the work has been done.
This weekend I intend to grab hold of my camera and take some shots of the seat covers. Will upload them right after. Unfortunately could not capture the process of putting the covers on as the camera battery died right after shot number 1
For now, I can say that the guys were quite efficient and knew what they were doing. Some bits left a little to be desired (like the rear armrest) but overall the job was executed well.
As for the covers, I am pretty satisfied with the quality of the material. Putting aside my 'No food in car' rule, I promptly spilled something on the seat but the seat was easy to clean and it thankfully left no stain. A simple wipe from a wet tissue was enough.
BTW, contact person is Gagan Batra, contact number 9810-333-330
Old 30th June 2011, 15:20   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothless View Post
Thanks. I enquired in the Noida Sec 16 market and got a quote of 5.6k for the New Verna Autoform U Impress.... How good are they? Can you please post some pictures?
Old 4th July 2011, 16:38   #630
BHPian

Its almost 1 year completed on my POLO. I am looking forward for upgrading seat covers. Can anyone suggest me some vendors for providing both leather and art leather seat covers in Delhi.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed