Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2010, 12:23   #556
Senior - BHPian

I called up G Sport JP Nagar a while ago. Good news for me is that they have a dealer "Auto Planet" near BDA complex in my Koramangala area where I can get the covers fitted. So I will try to visit the place in the evening
Old 15th September 2010, 14:44   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Need some help with art leather covers for my Scorpio's seats.

I saw some Dolphin covers for 9000/- Rs.

At yet another shop, I saw something for 6500/- Rs, but the covers look dull (with no shine). I was told that the shine would come with usage ! Is this true

Folks, please help as I want to get the fitment done tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I do not think anyone here fitted 'Dolphin' cover, I am hearing this brand for the first time.

Changing appearance after some usage!!!? No idea. If you are not in a hurry try visiting vendors like Marvin/Ceralli/Ovion etc. You may have to shell out couple of thousand more than other local vendors. But its worth spending.

Check this thread for their installations/feedback.
I have used/have been using dolphin covers since december last year. Here are the details and snaps:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1732485

I am extremely happy with the covers. For Rs 5500 i felt they were really good for the look and feel they offered.
Old 15th September 2010, 17:55   #558
Senior - BHPian

^^ Oops, iPai, missed this post, I have booked the G sport Luster art leather covers already today !

Will be getting it fitted on Saturday, at a cost of 9.5 k.

Thanks

Last edited by mooza : 15th September 2010 at 17:58.
Old 15th September 2010, 23:37   #559
Senior - BHPian

^^
Please post pictures after the installation. I think G-Sport 'fit' will be better.
Old 19th September 2010, 17:05   #560
Senior - BHPian

Installed the G Sport art leather seat covers yesterday. I am satisfied with the work.

Total cost : Rs. 7800/- for the Signet type covers. I am now told that the door panels can be done as well. Will be doing this in my next free time slot. Thanks to Rjstyles, Latheesh and others for all for the help

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_1704.jpg
Old 16th October 2010, 14:03   #561
BHPian

The car is more than 3 years old, the seats have the OEM fabric seat cover on them. I am thinking of replacing the covers with fabric seat covers. Are the old seat covers removed before putting on the new seat covers? Most of the time, I have noticed slip on seat cover, looks/feels loose.

What are the different options in Fabric covers for Swift. Is it possible to remove the OEM seat cover and wash then at home?

@didn’t want to start a new thread for it.
Old 24th October 2010, 13:25   #562
BHPian

Need your suggestion

Guys,

Need your quick input.

I got Art Leather seat covers installed on my new swift couple of days back for a cost of 6.5K (will update on the brand and other details in my ownership thread shortly). Since the installer has asked me to get back to him if there are any concerns, I'd like to resolve my concern with your help.

Overall am satisfied with the fit and finish, BUT not sure about the finishing for the front headrests. There is a gap in the underside of headrests (shown in the pics below). Is this acceptable ? Does art leather seat covers in this range have such gaps for headrests ? The one I've installed (as per manufacturer) is equivalent to GSport Luster. Please comment on these gaps -
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-11.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-12.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-13.jpg  

Old 24th October 2010, 19:52   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
The car is more than 3 years old, the seats have the OEM fabric seat cover on them. I am thinking of replacing the covers with fabric seat covers. Are the old seat covers removed before putting on the new seat covers? Most of the time, I have noticed slip on seat cover, looks/feels loose.

What are the different options in Fabric covers for Swift. Is it possible to remove the OEM seat cover and wash then at home?

@didn’t want to start a new thread for it.
if you have someone capable of removing the oem seat covers and then putting over the art leather ones, it gives the beast fit and last long. i had done it in baleno and worked great. cost was marginally higher but worth it and i did get the door trims and gear know and steering wheel covered in the same.
Old 24th October 2010, 20:55   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquarius View Post
Guys,

Overall am satisfied with the fit and finish, BUT not sure about the finishing for the front headrests. There is a gap in the underside of headrests (shown in the pics below). Is this acceptable ? Does art leather seat covers in this range have such gaps for headrests ? The one I've installed (as per manufacturer) is equivalent to GSport Luster. Please comment on these gaps -
Found out the problem. Actually the stitched head rest cover is a bit undersized because of which finishing was not coming along nicely. It's now gone back to the manufacturer for replacement. Will close this topic with updates and a pic once I get the replacement.
Old 28th October 2010, 20:38   #565

Fabric/Art leather hybrid seat covers in Hyd?

Hi All,
I'm about to buy a Maruti SX4 Zxi (without leather seat covers).

The dealer's offering only art leather or leather seat covers. The fabric ones he has are pathetic: they look like velvet.

After going through some previous posts on team-bhp, and elsewhere, decided that my best choice is probably a combination of fabric and art leather. But couldn't figure out how/where to get them. The Maruti dealer says no one wants them, is not aware of where to get them.

Any suggestions? I'm in Hyderabad, in the Banjara Hills area.

Also, would a combination of art leather/leather make sense as a cover over the factory fitted seat fabric? Or does leather make sense only if it replaces the original?
Old 29th October 2010, 09:55   #566
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrawalankur View Post
Hi All,
After going through some previous posts on team-bhp, and elsewhere, decided that my best choice is probably a combination of fabric and art leather. But couldn't figure out how/where to get them. The Maruti dealer says no one wants them, is not aware of where to get them.

Any suggestions? I'm in Hyderabad, in the Banjara Hills area.
Elegant makes these covers. they are model specific. check for Hyderabad dealer in elegant site. combination of fabric with art leather. they are priced around 5-6K. the fabric does not absorb water

Europa Dotted Car Seat Covers,Europa Panther Car Seat Covers,Europa Snake Car Seat Covers
Old 30th October 2010, 21:34   #567
BHPian

Hi,
Any contact details for autoform/ g-sport in coimbatore
Old 6th November 2010, 00:39   #568
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Finally got Autoform U Cheer seat cover for my 10 months old Ritz.
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-img_8803.jpg  

Old 6th November 2010, 11:20   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Finally got Autoform U Cheer seat cover for my 10 months old Ritz.
Bandhav, they look good. How much did they cost you? Are these snug fits? Did the installer use clips to fix the seat covers?

Regards,
Jose.
Old 6th November 2010, 14:08   #570
NFS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Siva, I think a picture speaks more than anything else:
Attachment 338907

Please dont think my seats were that dirty, its absorbed from the installation room as it was not cleaned when the work started.

Ok now, you can see the horizontal cuts done on the stock fabric. New covers are clipped (or hooked) with a metal ring to the old seat where the horizontal stiches appear. Thats what make them a perfect shaped fit. Imagine you remove the stock fabric, then the same clipping is done to the sponge inside. You know how strong the sponge is to hold it tight, compared to the stock fabric. Hope that explains your doubt.

Bit late in reading this thread.

@ShajuFX, is this how the OEM seats are cut? I thought that the tight fit covers do NOT alter the OEM fabric seats, so that tomorrow one can remove the covers and run on OEM.

Man this looks brutal, the way they cut the seats.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks