Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:35   #496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Gsport wants me to go to their factory to check the new catalog coz I told Hemant that most of their dealers had the older designs.
May be I felt the same when I was going through the pattern catalogue, therefore opted for a single colour than combination. I have a habit of doing things one at a time, therefore now its the time to enjoy the new seats. I think my fiesta is almost done; tires, lights, ICE, underbody coating and now the seats (taking a 9 months time upto the seats than doing everything within the first month). I dont want to read anymore about other parts !!
Old 23rd April 2010, 17:45   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Thanks for your inputs guys. I checked out a few shops over this weekend. People are pushing the "G-Sport" brand quite a bit. And I'm being quoted about 6K for doing the seats.

How are the reviews on G-Sport?
Take a look at Marvin Leathers on Krumbigal Road (the one that connects Lalbagh Main gate and West Gate), just a little beyond Ruby Electricals. Their rates seem reasonable too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...covers-13.html

Prajwal
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:42   #498
Senior - BHPian

Marvin leather is very reasonable and top quality too no doubt, I spoke to the Marvin, Stanley guys before I chose Gsport. My choice is only because of its proximity from home and expecting it to be similar quality. Probably Gsport is bit on the higher side according to me, if one is chosing the Europa series. I am paying 9.5k only for the seats, it will shoot close to 13k if door pads are added. And expect above 17k if the gear knob, steering and parking brake are touched. I think Marvin will do all this well below 17k. I will comment about the Gsport quality of work once I finish my fitting probably Monday.

The vehicle in my post is Fiesta.
Material compared is higher quality art leather.
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:58   #499
Senior - BHPian

Finally what's the seat cover colour you opted for your Fiesta? Is it close to beige?
Are you removing your fabric cover?.

If you are fitting it over existing cover stay with them during the installation and ensure they 'fit' properly. They can do an additional manual stitching to get the seat contour/profile perfectly.
Old 23rd April 2010, 23:07   #500
BHPian

removing fabric is highly recommended for the stock finish and shape retention.
No wonder what they do, sliding the covers over the stock fabric doesnt give enough finish . I might sound stupid here, but I have also felt that the overall leg space in the rear reduces slightly as the rear portion of the front seat covers dont tightly hug the seats .
Old 23rd April 2010, 23:16   #501
Senior - BHPian

my post went unnoticed in another thread, so i am re-posting here-

i am looking for a good leather cleaner, preferably a spray type. which one would you recommend?

are "armor all" products really good? i had bought a tyre cleaner from armor all & was not that impressed.

also, after i spray the cleaner on the seats, what type of cloth should be used to clean the leather seats? normal cloth used for vehicle exterior cleaning would do?
Old 26th April 2010, 14:40   #502
Senior - BHPian

I got my seats fitted today. It took less than 3 hours. Stock fabric is not removed, but used them as the base for stitching, clipping etc. Overall I find the work perfect to my liking, cant find any faults. Fitting in certain corners are not fully perfect, but I am instructed to ignore it for a week or two, so by usage it stretches and fits perfectly. Details for others' benefit:

Car: Fiesta 2009
Art leather seat Brand : Gsport Europa
Total Cost: 9.5k
Order placed on Thursday, 22nd April, only seats
Ready to install call from the shop on Saturday, 24th April
Work done on my convenience; 26th Monday 10am to 12.30pm

Now some pics.
Art Leather Seat Covers-clipboard01.jpg

Art Leather Seat Covers-dsc_0018.jpg

Art Leather Seat Covers-dsc_0021.jpg

Art Leather Seat Covers-dsc_0023.jpg
Old 27th April 2010, 15:12   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I got my seats fitted today. It took less than 3 hours. Stock fabric is not removed, but used them as the base for stitching, clipping etc. Overall I find the work perfect to my liking, cant find any faults. Fitting in certain corners are not fully perfect, but I am instructed to ignore it for a week or two, so by usage it stretches and fits perfectly. Details for others' benefit:

Car: Fiesta 2009
Art leather seat Brand : Gsport Europa
Total Cost: 9.5k
Order placed on Thursday, 22nd April, only seats
Ready to install call from the shop on Saturday, 24th April
Work done on my convenience; 26th Monday 10am to 12.30pm

Now some pics.
Covers looking really great. where did you get them fixed?
Old 27th April 2010, 15:18   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Shaju, they look damn neat and also the color chosen gives it a rich feel.

However, you need to be very careful to maintain it spic and span.
Old 27th April 2010, 16:27   #505
Senior - BHPian

Moto, its from Autogrid near CBI office, Bellary road. He is one of the dealers of Gsport. Stitching is done at the Gsport main office on bannerghatta road though, installer boy will come to the dealer for fitting. Watching the whole fitting pricess, I think they can also do it in your own parking space at home, if pressed hard. Its only a small bag of tools required.

Mobike, its better than what I assumed infact. Hopefully it gives a smooth feel and rich look for the drives ahead !

Last edited by shajufx : 27th April 2010 at 16:29.
Old 27th April 2010, 16:58   #506
BHPian

shaju.,looks neat, why didnt you opt for taking off the fabric for the art leathers ?
Old 27th April 2010, 18:03   #507
Senior - BHPian

Siva, I think a picture speaks more than anything else:
Art Leather Seat Covers-oldseat.jpg

Please dont think my seats were that dirty, its absorbed from the installation room as it was not cleaned when the work started.

Ok now, you can see the horizontal cuts done on the stock fabric. New covers are clipped (or hooked) with a metal ring to the old seat where the horizontal stiches appear. Thats what make them a perfect shaped fit. Imagine you remove the stock fabric, then the same clipping is done to the sponge inside. You know how strong the sponge is to hold it tight, compared to the stock fabric. Hope that explains your doubt.
Old 27th April 2010, 19:05   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
shaju.,looks neat, why didnt you opt for taking off the fabric for the art leathers ?
It really aint that easy. You remove the stock fabric and then you gotto redo the whole thing by locating the elastic bands/metal strings from the older fabric, put them onto the new covers in the slots and then attach the eye hooks. I think its called as Superfit Tab or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Siva, I think a picture speaks more than anything else:
k now, you can see the horizontal cuts done on the stock fabric. New covers are clipped (or hooked) with a metal ring to the old seat where the horizontal stiches appear. Thats what make them a perfect shaped fit. Imagine you remove the stock fabric, then the same clipping is done to the sponge inside. You know how strong the sponge is to hold it tight, compared to the stock fabric. Hope that explains your doubt.
There is more than that,as metioned there is the metal string/elastic band which acts as the tough mount for those eye hooks which they are clamped. If the seat covers are a tight fit the foam tends to take the shape of the covers making it uneven. To neutralize this affect we have the string bands.
Old 27th April 2010, 21:36   #509
Senior - BHPian

nice covers shaju. simple & elegant. even i have g sport in my scorpio. i have always liked g sport's fitting, material & their value for money quotient.
Old 28th April 2010, 10:02   #510
BHPian

Shaju & Riju, So do you guys mean to say that fitting the art leather covers by removing fabric(by hooking/clipping on the art leathers onto the sponge directly)doesnt last long as compared to the art leather getting clipped onto the fabric ? If thats the case then how the stock fabrics are fitted from factory that are supposed to long last ?

Or did I comprehend the whole thing wrongly !

I have recently seen Marvin workmanship on a Swift where the stock fabric was removed and the fit was so stock looking, tight with no room to sag. Let me see if i can the pics for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks