Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 14:06   #481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
So, it looks like that you are going to change the car when Ford comes with new version of Fiesta?? - sometime in 2011?
Nairji, I prefer to own a Hummer considering the present indian road manners and conditions. Until I gather some money for the same, or a time someone will gift one, I will have to stick to whats available in plenty here !

I spoke to the Autogrid guy Sanjeet. He asked me to visit the shop for selecting the shade and quality followed by the measurements and inspection of the seats. Then I can take my car back home. Once the seats are stitched and ready to be fitted, he will give me a call (probably next day), then I can present the car and get the fitting done in 3 hours. Which sounds ok to me than leaving the car at one place to the mercy of the installers. All doors will be wide open for 3 hours while they fit the covers, so its better to be around than regretting about a missing steering wheel or a clutch pedal or even my sub or amp in the boot !
Old 16th April 2010, 14:09   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
@nairrk - I have a question - Who is the best seat cover vendor in Kannur? One of friend is getting new Swift.
+

I have not tried anyone either at kannur or payyannur so far.

I have got art leather seatcover(with ford emblem) from ford dealer at kannur.

As shaju said, I too dont use my car daily. only weekends, with family or for long drive (for local shopping I use two wheeler).
Old 16th April 2010, 14:37   #483
Senior - BHPian

@Shajufx - Most of the vendors will have dimensions of covers of all major cars. If he want to take mesurement means he is doing Fiesta for the first time. Yes its better to stay during the entire process. Do update this thread with pics and deal so that bhpians from that part of Bangalore gets benefitted.
Old 16th April 2010, 16:20   #484
BHPian

I was in the same frame of mind as everyone here. Deciding on seat covers is the same as deciding on a car in my opinion.
After much searching and checking around i had selected Stanley S-Tec. (total cost Rs15K)
I had posted a review on my thread
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post1493304 (The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered)

Hope this helps.
Old 16th April 2010, 16:38   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Loads on conflicting posts here are leading to bit of confusion!

I need to get my seats and door trims done up for my Palio. Looking at ART leather options here in Bangalore, how much damage to the pocket can I expect ?

I don't want to spend too much and am not looking at the steering wheel or gear knob being done.
*Bump*

Any updates guys?

I got a quote of 5K for getting OE style stuff from TMC in Jayanagar. What are my other options?
Old 16th April 2010, 17:09   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Loads on conflicting posts here are leading to bit of confusion!

I need to get my seats and door trims done up for my Palio. Looking at ART leather options here in Bangalore, how much damage to the pocket can I expect ?

I don't want to spend too much and am not looking at the steering wheel or gear knob being done.
Listen praful , don't stop at one shop. Please scout around town and see what people have to offer. If a job goes bad you cant hold people here responsible right ? My advice is go around town and check the material and job yourself before you take the plunge.
Old 17th April 2010, 02:19   #487
BHPian

Quote:
*Bump*

Any updates guys?

I got a quote of 5K for getting OE style stuff from TMC in Jayanagar. What are my other options?
Head towards JC Road, and slowdown and be on the left once you cross minerva junction. You would be flooded with options. Brace yourself for hard bargaining. Here you would get the most value for bucks, anywhere in b'lore.
Old 18th April 2010, 18:20   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Listen praful , don't stop at one shop. Please scout around town and see what people have to offer. If a job goes bad you cant hold people here responsible right ? My advice is go around town and check the material and job yourself before you take the plunge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Head towards JC Road, and slowdown and be on the left once you cross minerva junction. You would be flooded with options. Brace yourself for hard bargaining. Here you would get the most value for bucks, anywhere in b'lore.
Thanks for your inputs guys. I checked out a few shops over this weekend. People are pushing the "G-Sport" brand quite a bit. And I'm being quoted about 6K for doing the seats.

How are the reviews on G-Sport?
Old 18th April 2010, 19:13   #489
BHPian

Hi,

I am also looking for good Art leather or even Fabric cover for my Ritz !
This thread should help me too !
Old 18th April 2010, 23:37   #490
Senior - BHPian

If you are very tight on budget or does not want to spend more on seat covers head to JC road. Jmaruru got one of the best deal in this thread from there.period.

@Jmaruru - I seeyour location changed to TN, hope you had nice winter there:-) .
Old 19th April 2010, 05:34   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
If you are very tight on budget or does not want to spend more on seat covers head to JC road. Jmaruru got one of the best deal in this thread from there.period.

@Jmaruru - I seeyour location changed to TN, hope you had nice winter there:-) .
Yeah, Heard it was one of the exceptional winters of the recent few years.
Old 19th April 2010, 09:58   #492
BHPian

Folks,

For the first time I saw Marvin art leather work on my friends Swift. He had chosen a Black color PU material with white colored double stitches on the borders. The workmanship and finish of the material is really good and for one moment, you will consider the material for real leather. In the meantime I had a look at other brands too which have been discussed here. But overall I would give it to Marvin. It costed 8.5k for the seat(removed stock fabric), handbrakes & steering covers (original leather).

I shall see if I can upload few pics for everyone here
Old 19th April 2010, 15:08   #493
Senior - BHPian

I have seen some of the work done by OVION in this forum but never seen their work in person. But if you approach any car accessory shops they have OVION catalogue with them and use it as a reference. How good are they?

Their website is: www.ovionleather.com
Old 22nd April 2010, 13:48   #494
Senior - BHPian

Finally I got some time to visit AutoGrid for my Gsport covers. I liked the Europa range and decided E-4 as my colour. Its the closest I could get for the camel/beige interior of the Fiesta. Curiously waiting to see the final outcome.

I am doing only the seats, costing 9500. Order is taken and intimated to their main distributor, it should be ready within 2 days, but I prefer to go on Monday morning and get it fitted in 3 hours time as promised.

Door pad is one area they will need to send either the car or the door panel to the factory and it will be done only in pure leather as the fitting wont be proper with art-leather. Its estimated to be 3k for 4 doors. I didnt even bother to check the gear knob or steering, as its not part of my need.

My main concern was the stock fabric getting soiled or darkened as we use, so getting only the seats done. Door pads are still looking as brand new, so I might think about them only when it shows its age. Until then its Happy Gsport Europa days ahead !

Special thanks to Riju for highlighting Gsport in his response. I owe you for that, redeemable points anytime you wish to !!
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:26   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Special thanks to Riju for highlighting Gsport in his response. I owe you for that, redeemable points anytime you wish to !!
Nice and good to know that you are getting what you want. Mine's a real long saga of seat covers.
Gsport wants me to go to their factory to check the new catalog coz I told Hemant that most of their dealers had the older designs.

The devil in me has no patience and am actually looking at other dealers also in town now. Darn how I wish it was as easy as getting the baleno and the Alto done.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 22nd April 2010 at 14:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks