Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2010, 12:02   #436
BHPian

Latheesh. thanks buddy. I am not looking forward to anything else other than the seat covers. Fortunately the AVEO comes with door trims which I am ok with ! And I already have a leather steering cover . I'll PM you if I require any assistance.
Old 13th March 2010, 12:13   #437

I called up G-Sport and they are quoting 19K For Art Leather PU for my Safari, isn't it on the higher side?
Old 13th March 2010, 12:39   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonrao View Post
I called up G-Sport and they are quoting 19K For Art Leather PU for my Safari, isn't it on the higher side?
its very high. ask them which material is it? signet, lustre or europa?

i guess it must be europa. its the most expensive but it has the best feel.

also ask them what does it cover? i think it will be seat covers + steering + hand brake + gear lever + door trims.

if the price quoted is for the above, then you can reduce it.

i got g sport (lustre) in my scorpio for 11k which includes seat covers & door trims.
Old 13th March 2010, 12:47   #439

Thanks Raj He didn't tell me about the types he just said 19K. Do you know anyone there? When did you get your done?
Old 13th March 2010, 13:24   #440
Senior - BHPian

i am from mumbai buddy, so i dont know anyone from bangy.

i have just ordered it, fitting will be done tomorrow or day after!
Old 13th March 2010, 22:40   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonrao View Post
Thanks Raj He didn't tell me about the types he just said 19K. Do you know anyone there? When did you get your done?
Spending 19K for G-sport art leather cover is not good. Woth couple of thousand more you can get real leather covers!
Old 13th March 2010, 22:47   #442

Thanks Latheesh but I am against Animal Cruelty and would never go for a leather seat cover.
Old 14th March 2010, 00:22   #443
Senior - BHPian

If you like or do not like leather but 19K for gsport art leather cover is a ripoff
Old 14th March 2010, 00:28   #444
BHPian

I think the quote given by G sport for 19k is a mix of leather and art leather.
Old 15th March 2010, 10:45   #445
BHPian

I got the quote yesterday for GSports art leather made of PU, its 8.5K, without any negotiating involved.

i dont think Gsport would ever quote 19k for art leather, if at all they have, it would have been either a mistake or whoever quoted must have been high !
Old 18th March 2010, 20:28   #446
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot guys who have helped me in my decision to fit art leather seat covers for my scorpio.

finally, i got it done from g sport for 11k for my scorpio which includes seat covers & door trims.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1790037
Old 6th April 2010, 11:34   #447
BHPian

Dear All,

Yesterday, had been to Maruti car dealer for which my cousin works. He got me in touch with their OEM car seat dealer. On discussion with the person, I was advised that the dash and door panels cannot be covered due to design limitations (Alto Lxi). Any insight into this?

Secondly, for the seats I was given a quote of Rs. 5250 inclusive of leather steering (hand stitched) and gear. I was shown 2 small pieces art leather of maroon and black as "samples" to go with my brick red Alto. Another "quality" which was quoted was Rs. 6500 also of art leather but not shown and neither do I know by what name it is called.

Now, this has left me a bit perplexed, since I expected to be presented with an array of materials, designs, rates/ranges, etc. from which I could select from. But my cousin swears by the workmanship since they are OEM suppliers. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:24   #448
BHPian

Yesterday, I had been to the Maruti car dealer where my cousin works. He referred me to their OEM seat cover supplier. In discussion with the person, I was told that dash cover is not advisable/possible. Moreover due to design limitations, only a small patch (the ovals) on the door panels would be able to be covered. Thats really disappointing :-( Any further insight into this?

I was shown two small pieces of Art Leather as samples for color choice - maroon and blank combination to be used for seats. I was given a quote of Rs. 5250 for the same. The "next level quality" is Rs. 6500. Both quotes are inclusive of leather steering cover hand stitched, gear cover, and seats. My cousin who knows the dealer vouches for the price/quality ratio - in short says it is VFM.

This leaves me in a perplexed situation, since I was expecting to be presented with an array of designs, materials, colors, qualities, etc. but that was not to be. I did check out a couple of cars in the garage and the workmanship seemed to be reasonable though colors/design werent exactly my taste. Please advise if going for "known" dealers would help any better in selection. Or is the above price is too good to resist offer.
Old 6th April 2010, 13:09   #449
Senior - BHPian

but why are you getting leather seats from your maruti dealer????

dude, you stay in bangalore! you have the max number of choices for art leather dealers than anywhere else. infact, you will be spoilt for choices in bangalore.

get seat covers done from stanley, marvin, g sport, ceralli, etc.
Old 6th April 2010, 13:59   #450
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Raj, for art leathers we have many options in Bangalore

Stanley - Excellent work, high price
Marvin - Some cool designs, very good work
Ceralli - Very good workmanship
gsport - no comments, I dont like. Its not worth the money when you have so many other options
Pensee - Good quality/decent workmanship and very good VFM.
Karsport - marathahalli - read lots of good reviews in this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks