Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2010, 21:18   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004
and it should not be more than 8k. i dont want to spend 10-12k on the interior trim of my car.

I am having a good laugh now rajeev, the prices we bargained for is much higher than what you had expected.

The seat covers will be here by 14th of this month ( I still haven't decided my commission, 50% sound good eh?? )

Last edited by adishenoy : 9th March 2010 at 21:21.
Old 9th March 2010, 21:53   #422
Senior - BHPian

LOL, seriously. i never though seat covers are addictive like ICE!!!

i have to sue T-BHP to give me such ideas & make me spend so much...

50% commission? why? i took you there & not vice versa!
Old 11th March 2010, 18:41   #423

I called up Stanley and they said that they do only Genuine Leather, how did you guys manage to get Art leather fitted? Please let me know because I am planning to get it done this Saturday.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:51   #424
Senior - BHPian

leonrao - Instead of Stanley you can check Marvin/Ceralli, both are good and offer good VFM.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:55   #425

Thanks Latheesh, really appreciate your quick response. Could you please post their contact details?
Old 11th March 2010, 23:11   #426
Senior - BHPian

You will get the details in this thread itself, or do the google search.Both of them have their website. Instead of hurrying call these people and enquire, visit their facility and check their work and decide. Let us know your budget and vehicle we will try to help to get better deal.

Bangalore is the best place to get your seat covers done!! You can also check 'Pensee'

EDIT:

Since your budget is 12K and vehicle is safari, as suggested before speak to MARVIN, CERALLI and PENSEE (I prefer first two), You can see some of their works in this thread itself. Customise according to your taste/budget.

Last edited by Latheesh : 11th March 2010 at 23:30.
Old 11th March 2010, 23:13   #427

Thanks Latheesh My budget is 12K and its Tata Safari EX4X4
Old 12th March 2010, 09:45   #428
Senior - BHPian

@ leonrao: hi buddy, i would suggest you take some time & go through this entire thread once, will take about half an hour. i did the same & believe me, it was very very helpful to me. you can get many contacts and you can see various designs too.

infact as latheesh said, you are lucky since you are based in bangalore & you have tons of choices there. you have the most reputed brands like stanley, g sport, marvin, ceralli, pensee, etc based in bangalore itself. since i am based in mumbai, i had very little choice- it was either the expensive stanley or the cheapest local supplier.

This is for all Mumbain's searching for art leather dealers in mumbai-

because of this thread, i found a good g sport dealer in mumbai. the boutique is in andheri.

also, i found other dealers in mumbai like orchis design (hiranandani, powai), ryder leather (bandra) & autoformindia.
Old 12th March 2010, 09:49   #429

Thanks for the suggestion Raj Will definitely go through it before deciding.
Old 12th March 2010, 09:55   #430
BHPian

Guys, need your poll

I want to replace my present art leather covers for the very fact that I didnt like the way it is made ! But now I would like to ensure that I dont end up making the slide and fit cover, instead I want to take of the stock fabric cover and then install the seat covers. Now, i was advised that with Art leather seat covers this is not possible and i will have to resort to the original leathers ones like Ovion, stanley etc. ?

Is this true that i cant have an Art leather seat cover installed by removing the stock cover ? Even if someone does it for me will it be a quality job at the end of the day ?

Opinions please !
Old 12th March 2010, 11:11   #431
Senior - BHPian

Yes you can do it, but in my case I did not want to remove the stock fabric cover. Still the fit is very good. Check it with Marvin/Ceralli as I mentioned in my previous posts. Pensee is also a good option but you need to be bit more patient working with him. And his store is located in a remote area and it was bit difficult for me. I have seen few seat covers done by Marvin and Ceralli guys and finish and workmanship is very good.

There is one near Garuda mall (dont remember the name) started by few ex stanley employees, heard they are good but bit expensive. I have not seen any of their work.

Last edited by Latheesh : 12th March 2010 at 11:13.
Old 12th March 2010, 11:18   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Guys, need your poll

I want to replace my present art leather covers for the very fact that I didnt like the way it is made ! But now I would like to ensure that I dont end up making the slide and fit cover, instead I want to take of the stock fabric cover and then install the seat covers. Now, i was advised that with Art leather seat covers this is not possible and i will have to resort to the original leathers ones like Ovion, stanley etc. ?

Is this true that i cant have an Art leather seat cover installed by removing the stock cover ? Even if someone does it for me will it be a quality job at the end of the day ?

Opinions please !
Both art & real leather can be used for bucket stiching, whoever told you that is trying to make you buy the expensive stuff, the fit and finish would be more or less the same. The difference will be in the feel & smell of the leather used.

Last edited by maglev : 12th March 2010 at 11:20.
Old 12th March 2010, 15:08   #433
BHPian

Latheesh. I was going thru the Marvin website and I felt they are someone like Stanley dealing with pure leather stuff rather than the normally available art leather ones ? Or are they into art leather also ? Probably I shall go to Marvin in JC road and then try to get more info

@maglev : Even i thought so much, the reason why I wanted to reconfirm here was that I heard this being mentioned by two dealers !
Old 12th March 2010, 15:22   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Latheesh. I was going thru the Marvin website and I felt they are someone like Stanley dealing with pure leather stuff rather than the normally available art leather ones ? Or are they into art leather also ? Probably I shall go to Marvin in JC road and then try to get more info
Yes both of them do so called ART leather :-). Visit both the places and decide. Whole excercise will be over in 2 visits.

1) You need to visit them and finalise the design/material/price

and they take approx. 2 days to make the cover ready

2) Installation - 3-4 hours - Better stay with them during the entire installation process and tell them in case they make any mistake.

If workmanship is good it does not make much difference between fitting over the existing fabric cover and so called factory fit.

Pensee guy offer good VFM deal, but it's a pain to go all the way till there to get it done.

Marvin offer some cool designs and CERALLI's workmanship is very good. Better select between this two.

If you are interested in m/c stitched steering wheel cover, horn pad, gear boot and knob I can provide contact number of a person who does it. His shop is on JC road.

Last edited by Latheesh : 12th March 2010 at 15:31.
Old 12th March 2010, 15:44   #435
Senior - BHPian

Guys, can someone tell me how to find out the quality of the work? Here're my specific questions
1. Is there some clue that I can look upon the stitching (like double stitch or something) or how should the stitching end? The intention of this question is to guage the workmanship.
2. I remember someone mentioning in this thread that they saw 0.07mm thickness & were found to be happy? Is this the standard size that I should be looking? Or are there any hints to look upon the material, like thickness, feel etc? The intention of this question is to guage the material.
3. I intend to add cushions/foam on the driver & co driver seat (WagonR BS3, 2005 model) on the left & right side of each seat so that I get a \_/ shape(like Honda City's seat); Is this advisable or when I add the ART leathers I will not feel the need for the extra cushioning? The reason I'm asking this is because, all the four seats are almost looking flat.

Thanks in advance for any help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks