Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 11:48   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsanjayrao View Post
@Gandhi,

I am planning to get seat covers for my car at the earliest.May be by this weekend or so. When are you planning to get it done for your car?
My car is not yet delivered. I am just searching for good options. If I find a good deal, I may order the seat covers right away. I will talk to this Marvin guy (will try to visit him today itself) and come back to you.
Old 24th November 2009, 11:51   #377
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsanjayrao View Post
@MCR,

Thanks for the advice. But at present 20k is just out of my budget. The guy in the showroom said that PU leather gets a little more heated up than the Genuine leather, but he also said that difference could be seen majorly on long drives. That too when we do not use A\C. Any experience on this?
The problem is, the seats are hot and you get a feeling that you are sitting on a tava. Swithcing on the AC of-course reduces the temperature in the cabin, but the seats take longer to cool down. The front part of your bady is cool and the back side is hot. Putting beads on the seats do help, but they are not so comfortable. This results in "body heat" and other side effects, or it was so in my case.
Old 24th November 2009, 11:56   #378
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
The problem is, the seats are hot and you get a feeling that you are sitting on a tava. Swithcing on the AC of-course reduces the temperature in the cabin, but the seats take longer to cool down. The front part of your bady is cool and the back side is hot. Putting beads on the seats do help, but they are not so comfortable. This results in "body heat" and other side effects, or it was so in my case.
I concur. Atleast try pure leather option at the body contact areas. IIRC, this combo of pure & art will set you back by 10-12K. You can check this out with the Marvin guy.
Old 24th November 2009, 12:05   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
I concur. Atleast try pure leather option at the body contact areas. IIRC, this combo of pure & art will set you back by 10-12K. You can check this out with the Marvin guy.
@JVH, I will check with the person in Marvin about it and will see how much it costs, atleast for the front 2 seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
My car is not yet delivered. I am just searching for good options. If I find a good deal, I may order the seat covers right away. I will talk to this Marvin guy (will try to visit him today itself) and come back to you.
@Gandhi,
Talk to Madhusudhan at Marvin. His no is 9880490888.
Old 24th November 2009, 12:12   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Sorry guys but putting PU leather seats is not so good. They heat up a lot during summer and are sometimes smelly in monsoon..
If it is heating up like Tava be assured it is not Poly-Urethene but some other polymer ( Most probably Vinyl or Foam) , PU does not heat up and in some cases surface properties are better then leather and that is why all the Shoe manufactures use PU lining for Shoe interiors.

The problem is that there is no easy way for average customer to identify if the said material is PU or not. Trust me leather also has same kind of issues which PU has in hot climate if not more.

In case you want to avoid heating and most comfortable seats stick to fabric seat covers that is best for our climate.
Old 24th November 2009, 12:23   #381
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
If it is heating up like Tava be assured it is not Poly-Urethene but some other polymer ( Most probably Vinyl or Foam) , PU does not heat up and in some cases surface properties are better then leather and that is why all the Shoe manufactures use PU lining for Shoe interiors.

The problem is that there is no easy way for average customer to identify if the said material is PU or not. Trust me leather also has same kind of issues which PU has in hot climate if not more.

In case you want to avoid heating and most comfortable seats stick to fabric seat covers that is best for our climate.
The issue was in my earlier car. I had bought G-sport seat covers from their showroom in J C road then.

In my current cars (GP and Alto) I am using the OE fabric seats without any covers. I could not dare to cover the cute looking "P" symbol in the Punto.
Old 25th November 2009, 07:02   #382
Senior - BHPian

If I remember correct Marvin quoted 12K for seat cover with front two seats contact area in real leather.

MVH - Even I love the beige fabric seat cover in Spark, but maintainance is a tough task.

Last edited by Latheesh : 25th November 2009 at 07:04.
Old 25th November 2009, 07:25   #383
BHPian

My SX4 VVT is likely to be delivered in the second week of December. The stock upholstery is very subtle and light in colour with a spray self-design, almost light cream, and would be very hard to maintain. Maruti provides leather look-alike seat covers for around 8K as MGA that are made by a company called Dolphin. They certainly looked very neat and well stitched, but anyone has any experience with Dolphin covers in the long run?
Old 25th November 2009, 09:25   #384
BHPian

I went to various car accessories shop around JC Road yesterday. First was Marvin. This guy's work is simply superb. The finishing and fitting is amazing. They remove the OEM seat covers (he claimed that the OEM covers can be used in future) and then fit their on seat which gives very good fitting. The material felt best amongst whatever I have seen till now. His initial quote was 7500/- (for plain material) + 1500/- (for some design) = 9000/- + Tax for PU leather. After some negotiations, he came down to 7500/- Net for the same. My budget is fixed at 6000/- (stretched from 5K).

Then I went to 3-4 other shops but was not satisfied with their work/attitude. Finally I went to Car Shringar where the showed Dolphin covers for Ritz. Material looked good, but I couldn't see any car with these covers fitted. Quote is 6000/- after negotiation. I think there is some more juice left for negotiation.

Anybody has any experience with Dolphin seat covers? They are pre-stitched for all cars, and they just fit them on top of the OEM seat covers.
Old 25th November 2009, 09:28   #385
BHPian

Quote:
I went to various car accessories shop around JC Road yesterday. First was Marvin. This guy's work is simply superb. The finishing and fitting is amazing. They remove the OEM seat covers (he claimed that the OEM covers can be used in future) and then fit their on seat which gives very good fitting. The material felt best amongst whatever I have seen till now. His initial quote was 7500/- (for plain material) + 1500/- (for some design) = 9000/- + Tax for PU leather. After some negotiations, he came down to 7500/- Net for the same. My budget is fixed at 6000/- (stretched from 5K).

Then I went to 3-4 other shops but was not satisfied with their work/attitude. Finally I went to Car Shringar where the showed Dolphin covers for Ritz. Material looked good, but I couldn't see any car with these covers fitted. Quote is 6000/- after negotiation. I think there is some more juice left for negotiation.

Anybody has any experience with Dolphin seat covers? They are pre-stitched for all cars, and they just fit them on top of the OEM seat covers.

You can even visit Super Carzz(JC road) their finishing is superb, i got the art leather seat covers in my alto and swift.

you can negoiate with them.

regards
Suresh
Old 25th November 2009, 15:22   #386
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen Dolphin covers fitted on a Swift in the Maruti showroom here, and quite liked the fit and finish. They told me that Dolphin covers are MGA. I am hence contemplating the same for the SX4. However, I have no idea about the long term performance or the feel of the same.
Old 17th December 2009, 11:37   #387
BHPian

Seat Covers in Pune

Hi Folks

Need seat covers for the new SX4 and am a little confused over what to go for... Leather is out of my budget and don't want fabric as with 2 kids spillages are a common phenomenon.

Looking thru this thread seems that art leather is the way to go, as long as one uses a good quality PU material. I do have to occasionally park in the open and Pune does get very hot in the summer but no choice there I guess.

The dealer has some nice art leather ones with a perforated back and bottom but don't want to go for that as he is unable to show me what kind of fit he can deliver and is only available in black, which is a no-no for me.

Can anyone suggest a good place in Pune to get this done, where a good variety is available on display, fitting is good. Also which brands to go for to ensure one gets good quality PU covers.
Old 21st December 2009, 19:27   #388
BHPian

Hi Guys,

After a lot of research, just went back to my old contact Imran at JC road yesterday who owns JJ Enterprises, next to Car Shrringar. He had done 3 of my cars earlier but all of them stitched with fabric covers.

Saw a lot of Autoform, elegant seat covers both PU and fabric at the newly opened Reliance Autozone at Basavangudi and couple of other shops in JC road including Classique but somehow was not satisfied, so it was back to JJ enterprises and Imran. Selected a sober grey colour to match the WagonR interiors in PU leather from a company called Comfort. Got the same fitted out in 2 hours, since I was in a hurry and well past his closing time on sunday neither did I bargain too much nor look at the option of getting it stitched, so ended up paying Rs.2700/-

The seat cover installation came out decently, mainly because these covers had the feature of threads stiched inside the main back facing areas, which got stitched onto the OE seats thereby giving it a better fit and the ends getting tagged by metal clips. This feature help in getting a better fit and look compared to the pull on PU leather seat covers with just velcro at the ends, which I'm sure will start sagging and moving around after some usage.

Will try to post some pic's soon, so at Rs.2700/- it was not a bad deal but with a bit more negotation it would have gone down by another Rs.200 - 250/-

Cheers,
Sats
Old 21st December 2009, 19:47   #389
Senior - BHPian

sats - Please post some pics of your new seat covers
Old 22nd December 2009, 07:46   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
Hi Guys,

After a lot of research, just went back to my old contact Imran at JC road yesterday who owns JJ Enterprises, next to Car Shrringar. He had done 3 of my cars earlier but all of them stitched with fabric covers.

Will try to post some pic's soon, so at Rs.2700/- it was not a bad deal but with a bit more negotation it would have gone down by another Rs.200 - 250/-

Cheers,
Sats
I too have got the swift seat covers done at this place for 2.5k, some 6 months back. He has done a decent job, and i have had no issues until now. The pictures have been posted on this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks