Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2009, 13:04   #361
Senior - BHPian

Siddvi, Looks good. Post some better pictures and share the contact details of the guy.
Old 17th November 2009, 14:18   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddvi View Post

Got the following done on my Sierra:
1)New art leather Seat Covers (Black and Grey combo) including foam supports.
2)Full roofing + Side walls - Silver Grey
3)All 3 doorpads and 2 long side panels.
Siddvi, how effective is this option ? And did you go for 1.5 mm foam thickness.

Looks cool buddy. Post more pictures and contact details please
Old 17th November 2009, 15:48   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Siddvi, Looks good. Post some better pictures and share the contact details of the guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Siddvi, how effective is this option ? And did you go for 1.5 mm foam thickness.

Looks cool buddy. Post more pictures and contact details please

Originally the complete interior of the car was done up from Stanley using pure leather. However overtime, the leather lining on the roof opened up one side and it was impossible to repair it since the pure leather had hardened up tight over the years. Hence decided to get it done this time in art leather. Replaced the Stanley leather roofing and sidewalls with art leather as also the seat covers and doorpads. The guy showed me the thin as well as thick material options available in art leather, I chose to go with the thick one for everything.

His shop Autoland is located in Shivanalli, next to Nandhini Palace. There's always Tempo Travellers parked near his shop. Will have to dig for his phone number when I get back home.
Old 23rd November 2009, 01:58   #364
BHPian

Seats in South Delhi

Hey Guys,

Wondering if there are any recommendations for great car seat covers custom stitched for my verna. I am a sucker for finish and fit!

Also, would like to know from your experiences:
- better to go with covers that are stitched on top of factory cloth?
- or remove factory cloth and stitch on top of them?
- or get seat covers that are easily removable?

Hope to hear form you guys!

Cheers
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:55   #365
BHPian

Bharat Kar Spot

I went to Bharat Kar Spot near Marathalli last weekend to see their offerings.

I am only interested in the PU seat covers. They have 3 different materials in this category. The lowest offering is 5.5K with the highest one at 6.5K. They were fitting seat covers for two cars at that time and I was satisfied with the quality of work.

After some negotiation, he has come down to 6K including steering grip + neck pillows for the highest grade PU seat covers. I think I can get it down to 5.5K when I actually go for final deal.

Is this a good offer? I have heard good things about this shop, but still would like to confirm from people who have used his service.
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:01   #366
Senior - BHPian

Gandhi,

Better get steering wheel cover done in real leather. I read some good reviews about this shop, go ahead and get it done if you are satisfied with their work.
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:54   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Gandhi,

Better get steering wheel cover done in real leather. I read some good reviews about this shop, go ahead and get it done if you are satisfied with their work.
I was satisfied with their work, though haven't researched extensively with other shops. I am just comparing their work with what I have seen here in photos and one I had seen at dealer.

My main concern is the pricing. Is 6K reasonable enough for the PU seat covers? He is giving 3 years warranty for stitching, cracking in material etc.
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:33   #368
Senior - BHPian

An average quality seat covers costs around 4-4.5K in Bangalore. Check the value addition by Karsport based on this. Bargain a bit and bring down the price. With 3 years warranty price looks OK to me.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:56   #369
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Had been to Marvin leathers bangalore yesterday. Got a quote of 10k for PU leather seat covers, door trims + Genuine leather stearing cover and 20k for Genuine leather seat covers + door trims + stearing cover. The fit and finish of some products showcased there is just awesome.

Also he mentioned that they remove the present fabric seat covers and fit the PU leather seat covers to get the OEM finish. Is this how they normally do it?

Waiting for feedback from you guys.

Drive safe,
Old 24th November 2009, 08:22   #370
Senior - BHPian

10K for the above package sounds good, try to bargain and bring down the price. Yes they remove present fabric seat covers to get proper tight fit, but that's up to you to decide whether to remove or fit over it.
Old 24th November 2009, 09:39   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsanjayrao View Post
Hey Guys,

Had been to Marvin leathers bangalore yesterday. Got a quote of 10k for PU leather seat covers, door trims + Genuine leather stearing cover
I just visited their website and the work they are doing looks awesome. I am also shopping for seat covers for my Ritz Zxi.

I will also visit Marvin and get a quote from him. Then we can pair up to strike a better deal. What say?
Old 24th November 2009, 10:31   #372
BHPian

@ Latheesh, Thanks buddy.
Could you tell me what would be better option. To remove the fabric seat covers and get the new seat covers installed or get the work done on the fabric itself?
Old 24th November 2009, 10:54   #373
MCR
BHPian

@ bsanjayrao and Gandhi,

Sorry guys but putting PU leather seats is not so good. They heat up a lot during summer and are sometimes smelly in monsoon. I had G-Sport seat covers in my earlier car(Santro) and they were always hot as hell in summers. My suggestion would be that you can go for pure leather seats. Also I suggest to remove the seat fabric for OEM like perfect fit.
Old 24th November 2009, 11:30   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
@ bsanjayrao and Gandhi,

Sorry guys but putting PU leather seats is not so good. They heat up a lot during summer and are sometimes smelly in monsoon. I had G-Sport seat covers in my earlier car(Santro) and they were always hot as hell in summers. My suggestion would be that you can go for pure leather seats. Also I suggest to remove the seat fabric for OEM like perfect fit.
@MCR,

Thanks for the advice. But at present 20k is just out of my budget. The guy in the showroom said that PU leather gets a little more heated up than the Genuine leather, but he also said that difference could be seen majorly on long drives. That too when we do not use A\C. Any experience on this?

@Gandhi,

I am planning to get seat covers for my car at the earliest.May be by this weekend or so. When are you planning to get it done for your car?
Old 24th November 2009, 11:38   #375
Senior - BHPian

@bsanjayrao - removing the fabric and fitting the new cover will give you better fit and finish. In my case I opted for fitting over the existing fabric cover coz I love the stock beige cover + strong objection from someone I could not neglect!!. You can see the pics of my seat in previous pages.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks