Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 23:02   #346
BHPian

B'lore too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
The double stitch looks very neatly finished.
But Rs.9500 package is a bit on the higher side.In Hyderabad it can be done in 4K.
Well, i got it done for 2.5K right in the heart of bangalore.
Old 27th October 2009, 23:23   #347
Senior - BHPian

Jmaruru , post some pics of yours and do mention the place where you got it done .
Old 27th October 2009, 23:32   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Okie. Here come's the snaps. As i said before it is art leather, and it was done at JJ Enterprises(Next to car shrungar) on JC road. You can speak to Mr. Salman @ 41496506/9886378806 but you need to bargain hard and fix the price upfront, and then ask him to start the work. They have their workshop above the shop, so you can follow up on the work. The work was done by one Mr. Srinivas for me.
Please check out the above post on this very thread for pictures and details.
Old 28th October 2009, 07:29   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
The double stitch looks very neatly finished.
But Rs.9500 package is a bit on the higher side.In Hyderabad it can be done in 4K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Well, i got it done for 2.5K right in the heart of bangalore.
We have been checking since July for the VFM deal and checked almost all major vendors in bangalore :-). This seat cover is not full art leather,it is a combination of real leather (contact area) and high grade art leather (forgot the spec) in other areas. This deal also includes hand stitched steering wheel cover in real leather. All other vendors were quoting 12K+ for this.
Old 28th October 2009, 09:21   #350
BHPian

Great Work Latheesh

Waiting for your final photos.

Couple of things I noticed when we go for seat cover stiching

1. Foam thickness. I don't know how much you have in your seat covers. Generally its 1mm, but can be increased to 1.5 mm
2. Thread Thickenss, color and stich style
3. Material Quality and Grades [ guarentee part also ]
4. Fit and Finish

Thanks a lot
Old 28th October 2009, 11:43   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
We have been checking since July for the VFM deal and checked almost all major vendors in bangalore :-). This seat cover is not full art leather,it is a combination of real leather (contact area) and high grade art leather (forgot the spec) in other areas. This deal also includes hand stitched steering wheel cover in real leather. All other vendors were quoting 12K+ for this.
Yes. You have got yourself real leather in contact areas. About my deal, it was entirely on art leather. And also it was only for seat covers and head rest. Nothing else.
Old 28th October 2009, 12:18   #352
Senior - BHPian

JMaruru, You can see I have been posting in this thread since June-July and already seen your seat cover. Deal you got 2.5K for seat cover is the best VFM deal I found in the whole thread.
Old 30th October 2009, 21:26   #353
BHPian

Latheesh - Congratulations!

Waiting to see your spark. Do post picturers of alloys also. You made my search easier. Thanks a lot.
Tbhpn's like Vahanapujari, pachchu, wildon, jmaruru, raveendrra and krishna also done lots of "research.." . Regards to all of you.
Old 31st October 2009, 00:59   #354
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Rao, I have already posted work-in-process pics in last page. If you are looking for VFM seat covers Ceralli, Marvin and Pensee are the 3 vendors I suggest. The deal I got from Pensee is very good but during installation they messed up my interior (thanks to beige interior!!!) and require some cleaning. I got allys fitted from Madhus Enterprises (belong to TBHPian Nikhil's family) but waiting for the hub caps. My sparky will go for a minor body rework tomorrow/monday and will post the pics later.

If anybody looking for handstitched real leather steering wheel cover PM me. I can give you a contact number where you can get a good deal (less than I paid to Pensee) and their work is good.

Last edited by Latheesh : 31st October 2009 at 01:02.
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:51   #355
BHPian

Hi guys,

Could someone please let me know where should I go in Pune to get the Art Leather Seat covers and steering wheel job. Is there any particualr market like JC road in Bangalore, or Minister Road in Hyderabad.

I searched through the thread, and did not find any Pune folks recommending any workshop which can do a decent job.

I am interested in getting the Art Leather seat covers, gear knob/boot, and Steering Wheel (the Flush fitting one). I have seen most of the posting on this thread and found that the Steering wheel job is not done very neatly most of times. They just stitch on the ring, and don't give a proper OEM like finish..

To get he Flush fitting (OEM type) on the steering wheel, is it required to take the steering off ? or can be done as a regular stitching job ? Are there any other complications involved in that, that makes people go for just the ring covered in leather ?
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:51   #356
Senior - BHPian

To get flush fitting it is required to remove the steering wheel.

Option for steering wheel covers are:

Normal Art leather cover - cost around Rs.200

Ready made real leather cover - eg. Stanley Pro Grip - it come with lace - Around Rs. 500

Hand/Mc stitched cover - see my steering wheel pic above - cost 800-1500 depending on the vendor

Pune BHPians - please suggest him a vendor

Last edited by Latheesh : 2nd November 2009 at 14:54.
Old 17th November 2009, 00:26   #357
BHPian

Hi Guys, need some help here. I am expecting delivery of my Black Ritz Zxi and is looking for good art leather seat covers for the same (with steering cover also). Please suggest me some options. Dealer is quoting 5500/- for art leather and 7500/- for Luster seat covers. I don't remember the brand he mentioned. I haven't heard anything about this Luster material. He told me that it is better than art leather in terms of heat resistance.

Here's what I am looking for -
  • What material to go for? - art leather or Luster
  • Quotes for the same
  • Good shops in Bangalore to install the seat covers
P.S. - I am getting a 10% discount on above mentioned prices after tax.
Old 17th November 2009, 07:26   #358
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you to check with Marvin, Ceralli and Pensee and decide. All of them are good according to the reviews I read in this forum. You will get the address and contact details from previous pages in this thread.
Old 17th November 2009, 08:18   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I suggest you to check with Marvin, Ceralli and Pensee and decide. All of them are good according to the reviews I read in this forum. You will get the address and contact details from previous pages in this thread.
Sure Latheesh, I have gone through entire thread and have collected contact information of these shops.

I was looking for more information on the Luster material, but couldn't find anything other than just a mention about this word in this thread.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:44   #360
BHPian

2002 Tata Sierra - Complete interior upholstery

Couple weeks back, I got the interiors of my 2002 Tata Sierra done in Rajajinagar. Considering the interior area and work involved, it took full 2.5 days to complete the job. The guy did a thorough and good job overall. Not surprising, since the guy has been doing upholstery work since the Amby/Fiat days.

For a pure leather job, he has tied up with a couple of leading brands in B'lore to get it done. For art leather, he acquires the material from the same distributor who provides it for other leading brands.

Got the following done on my Sierra:
1)New art leather Seat Covers (Black and Grey combo) including foam supports.
2)Full roofing + Side walls - Silver Grey
3)All 3 doorpads and 2 long side panels.

As a courtesy, he also did the Gear Lever Cover and the Horn Pad Cover at no extra cost. For the good job he does, the guy is always busy and couple of his interior work on the Force Travellers is amazing. I had to wait for about 3 weeks to finish his projects on hand so that he could work on my car unhindered. The entire job cost me 8K which seems a reasonable price for the amount of work and material involved.
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-img_2977.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_2980.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_2967.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_2981.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_2965.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks