Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 15:14   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
LionX, Nice Job done there.

I was given a quote of 12K for my SX4 but now I will bargain harder.

Thanks a ton for sharing the information.

BTW did you get the seats padded as well??
Yes my seats got padded as well. From where did you get this offer?
Old 13th October 2009, 15:37   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Maglev where are you getting this done from ? Even i have to get seat covers for my car. Have you checked out Autoform ?

I got the quote from Autocraft (Cult) in Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi.

These are the same guys who have done fellow TBHPian Ashutoshb's Logan's interior have a look:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1492291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Maglev - sounds like a decent deal. Please post pics once its done

Will be getting it done sometime in December, Once I am done with my Exams.
Old 13th October 2009, 15:41   #333
Senior - BHPian

I do not see any advantage in Art Leather. Is it not going back to the old Rexine days? Leather breathes and helps you keep cool. What about Art Leather, or am I missing something.
Old 13th October 2009, 16:56   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I do not see any advantage in Art Leather. Is it not going back to the old Rexine days? Leather breathes and helps you keep cool. What about Art Leather, or am I missing something.
Rexene was PVC , Today we have better synthatics as PU , Polyurethane has properties quite close to natural leather and sometimes even exceed it. Not providing any links to support this statement google is the best .

Additionally PU is cheaper and can be washed / changed thus providing better hygiene.
Old 13th October 2009, 19:18   #335
BHPian

Anybody from Mumbai got full leather or part real leather/part artificial for their car recently?
How much did it cost you and where did you get it done from?
Old 13th October 2009, 21:34   #336
BHPian

Had been to Marvin Leathers on Krumbigal Road and Ceralli Leathers at BSK 2nd Stage today to look at leather seats for my 2 year old silver colored Swift VDI.

Marvin Leather
  • Black seat covers (PU) with silver (pure leather) sporty stripe all around the seat + Pure leather Steering (Black and Silver combo) - Rs.10,500/-
  • OE fitting with foam padding
  • Steering wheel is machine stitched
  • Installation time of 3-4 hours
  • Really good designs
  • 3 years warranty
Ceralli Leather
  • Black seat covers (Boston imitation leather) with white/grey (Boston imitation leather) sporty stripe all around the seat + Pure leather Steering (Black and white/grey combo) + Gear boot (Pure leather) + Hand brake (Pure leather) - Rs.9,500/-
  • OE fitting with high density foam padding
  • Steering wheel is hand stitched (looked good)
  • Installation time of 3-4 hours
  • Really good designs with more flexibility of customisation and option of different stich designs
  • 2 years warranty and unlimited servicing/cleaning
Pure leather for the above package costs Rs.16,000 and Rs.18,000 (thicker leather)

I was more inclined towards Ceralli package as I felt the workmanship was better than Marvin leather and flexibility of designs\customisation. He also told me you can bring any design you like on the internet and we will work on it.

I might visit Ceralli again with option of Boston imitation leather and pure leather in contact areas.

Also I gotta visit Karlsson leather in Indiranagar before I finalise on the deal.
Old 14th October 2009, 13:35   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Had been to Marvin Leathers on Krumbigal Road and Ceralli Leathers at BSK 2nd Stage today to look at leather seats for my 2 year old silver colored Swift VDI.
Did you check at Pensee Leathers? Its in JP Nagar 7th Phase. They have a website also :: PENSEE Leathers ::.

Once you get the quote for pure leather in touch areas, pls post it here. I am also interested for a new seat covers for my Safari. If possible check the quote for Safari.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:57   #338
BHPian

Can someone suggest me a good place to get the Art Leather seat covers for my Elantra in Pune.

Thanks
V Mittal
Old 27th October 2009, 09:21   #339
Senior - BHPian

Here we go guys
Vendor: Pensee Leathers, JP Nagar 7th phase :: PENSEE Leathers ::
Configuration:
Seat - Dual - Mix of Artleather and real leather (Contact areas)
Steering Wheel - Dual - Handstitched real leather
Package Cost: Rs.9500 (incl all charges)
Date of Installation: 26-Oct-2009
Time taken to install: Seat 3 hours, Steering 2 hours
Pending work - Gear knob and Hand brake in real leather - it was getting dark and decided to do it during my next visit.
Feedback (Initial observation): Nice vendor and very nice work highly recommended
All pictures are WIP pictures before cleaning, taken using my cell camera.
I will post some better pics once it is cleaned.
Other vendors considered:
Marvin - Discussed over phone - see my posts above for details
Ceralli - Discussed over phone - see my posts above for details
Karlsson - Rejected outright - see my posts above for details
Why I chose Pensee:
After reading rave reviews in this forum I shortlisted Marvin, Ceralli and Pensee and decided to visit them. Went to Pensee on 17-Oct saturday (Their website is very nice and I was expecting a nice showroom like Stanley). What I found was a small shop in a remote area (:-)). I went all the way from Indira nagar to JP Nagar 7th Phase for a seat cover!!. Met Hemant and discussed different configuration. Finally decided to go for Mix of real leather and high grade artleather for seats, real leather for steering, gear knob and hand brake, paid Rs.1000 advance and left the place. He called me on tuesday morning and conveyed that they do not have perforated real leather and I asked him to go ahead with plain. He informed me on 21st that cover is ready to install and I can go at any time, problem was I did not have time to go for the installation (even on sat and sun).
Parallely I was working with Nikhil(TBHPian) on alloy wheels for my Spark and got a PM from him on sunday regarding the arrival of the same at his Langford road showroom.
I was sick yesterday(high fever and stomach upset:-( ) and took a day off from office, Around 9.30 I was feeling bit better and decided to drive slowly to Langford road. I was sweating like a marathon runner when I reached there, but Nikhil's team made sure everything is in place before my arrival. Excellent premise, superb team and top notch customer service. (I will update the alloy wheel thread with more details). I felt much better after seeing the new wheels on my Sparky.
at 11.30 gave a call to Hemant and drove to JP nagar 7 th phase for seat cover fitting, reached there around 1 and they cover fitting by 4.30 took bit more time for steering wheel cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-tbhp1.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-tbhp2.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-tbhp3.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-tbhp4.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-tbhp5.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-tbhp6.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-tbhp7.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 27th October 2009 at 09:32.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:47   #340
BHPian

@ Latheesh

Congratulations on your new Seats.

The fit & finish looks good.

One question though, why didn't you go in for the door pads as well ??
Old 27th October 2009, 13:03   #341
Senior - BHPian

I did not gp for it since it is very small area, after seeing the work I am thinking of going for door pads and horn pad during my next visit :-)
Old 27th October 2009, 19:16   #342
BHPian

@Latheesh - congrats, real nice work and a very good price. Hope your feeling better
Old 27th October 2009, 21:20   #343
Senior - BHPian

Latheesh couple of questions .

1.I see the stitching little non professional . see the attached pic, shouldn't it be in single straight line ? .Or is it only my eyes ! . The marvin stitch looks better ,like factory fit ?

2.Also the thread used also looks smaller .Do you have an option to choose thicker thread ?

3.Do they stitch and fit in 3 hours or stitch earlier and fit it in 3 hours ?
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-seats3.jpg  

Old 27th October 2009, 22:21   #344
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the feedback. As I mentioned above all these pics are Work-in-Progress pics, final fit and finish is very good and will post it soon. You can select different stitching pattern and this is what I chose. No idea about the thread used, I did not check it. Rear headrests are the only part that are not up to the mark will get it checked during my next visit.

They stitched seat covers earlier, fitting alone took 3 hours as the seats were removed from the car.

Last edited by Latheesh : 27th October 2009 at 22:32.
Old 27th October 2009, 22:46   #345
Senior - BHPian

The double stitch looks very neatly finished.
But Rs.9500 package is a bit on the higher side.In Hyderabad it can be done in 4K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks