Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 13:24   #301
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to visit Karlsson this weekend/next week to put seat cover on my SPARK. Their quote was 7900. I will put if they do Seat(Art leather)+Gear boot and Knob(leather) for the price quoted. I will update this thread once it is done.

Car colour is Blazing Red

This is the color combination I have in my mind

Pic source: Karlsson seat selector
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-seatcover.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 8th October 2009 at 13:31.
Old 8th October 2009, 13:45   #302
BHPian

The red you have selected looks pinkish.I.M.H.O a darker red will look better.Please see the material in person and take a call.Another suggestion, try putting red along the edges rather than as a big piece at the centre.This along with red stiches will give a more classier look.Looks are subjective so i may be wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I am planning to visit Karlsson this weekend/next week to put seat cover on my SPARK. Their quote was 7900. I will put if they do Seat(Art leather)+Gear boot and Knob(leather) for the price quoted. I will update this thread once it is done.

Car colour is Blazing Red

This is the color combination I have in my mind

Pic source: Karlsson seat selector
Old 8th October 2009, 14:19   #303
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your feedback freewheelburnin. Color option I selected is from the brightest red in online selector. As you said I will see the color options in person and choose.

Did you mean interchanging the colours? black instead of red. i think it will be too loud especially rear seats. Can you please send me a pic (MS paint image will do)?
Old 8th October 2009, 15:47   #304
BHPian

@Latheesh - Karlsson has a good setup. They do the options for Art Leather for seats and leather for the other parts. Once you are there they have a few demo seats. You will get a good idea. Are you planning for Leather Steering Wheel as well.
What about Door trims?
Old 8th October 2009, 19:06   #305
BHPian

Hey guys whats your opinion about stallion leather?
I'm thinking of going for Mustang Series Feel Leather i.e. the front parts would be Mustang series pure leather and the back part would be art leather of the same shade we chose for the leather.
I've been quoted Rs13.5k just for the seats of the i10.He reccomended not to go for any leather for the side trims as it wouldn't fit properly for my car.Another Rs500 for pure leather for the steering wheel,none for my gear knob as my car is Automatic.
I got this quote from Choksi motors.Any other places you would recommend I give a look?
Old 8th October 2009, 19:45   #306
Senior - BHPian

Went to Karlsson today, they were not ready to include gear knob in the package. So spending 7900+Tax (ie. 8500) according to me is not worth. So I will be checking at Karsport at Marathahalli this weekend.
Old 9th October 2009, 16:58   #307
BHPian

Latheesh, try and check out Marvin leather on Lalbagh road. There website has some good designs. Please post pics of the seats in your Spark once installed.

I will be getting by seat covers done for my 2 year old Swift in a months time. My budget is around 10k and I will be visiting Cerrali in Banashakari, Marvin Leather and Karlsson at Indiranagar and then make a decision.

2 of my friends got GSport installed in their Swift's at JP Nagar. I guess GSport has there manufacturing setup there. They paid 9.5K each for the art leather for seats and steering wheel cover. I personnaly did not like the installation and these were slip on types which were held to the old fabric using clips at the edges.
Old 9th October 2009, 17:06   #308
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went to Karlsson today, they were not ready to include gear knob in the package. So spending 7900+Tax (ie. 8500) according to me is not worth. So I will be checking at Karsport at Marathahalli this weekend.
How much will it cost for a gear knob? Is the price that significant to be ignored in the deal?
Old 9th October 2009, 17:13   #309
BHPian

Quote:
latheesh, even I would say to check Marvin leathers, Lalbagh road. I have them in my safari and the quality is good. I got the covers for all seats (including jump seats of safari), gear knob in full leather, gear boot in full leather and door pads for 9500/-. They have some good designs and you may customize too.

PS. I would advice you to do a mix of art leather and pure leather as yor backside will get so hot in art leather. Try to put pure leather for the middle portion of the seat.
Old 9th October 2009, 17:52   #310
BHPian

@LionX - you got a very good deal for the safari. @ Rs9500/- .Are the seats a mix of Art and real leather, if yes its a fantastic deal. Gsport had quoted around rs8000/- for my Fiesta for seats alone.
Old 9th October 2009, 19:10   #311
Senior - BHPian

They were not ready to include gear boot+knob for the Rs.8500 they asked. They told they can do it only if I do the steering wheel that costs Rs.1800+tax extra!!!. I do not want to do that and I am not in a hurry to pay whatever they ask.
I will check at Marvin next week,anyway I am going to check Karsport tomorrow.

This Karlsson guy needs to learn some basics on how to win and keep a customer. Its not that I cannot afford but somehow I was not convinced and did not like his attitude. By not offering small gear knob and boot he is going to loose few customers. I thought of suggesting Karlsson to few of my colleagues and friends who seeks my adv when it comes to car and accessories (thanks to great TBHP). These are my personal opinions about them.

@LionX - Could you please post some pictures of your safari seats?

Update: I checked Marvin website they have some cool designs. Spoke to the guy
He quoted Rs.7650 (after 10% discount) for artleather seat cover (factory fit)
2000 for Steering wheel+Gear boot+Knob+Hand brake in real leather. And he offered further reduction of couple of hundreads when I mentioned TBHP.

Another option he gave is 13500 for art leather seat with front two seat front full surface in real leather.

Last edited by Latheesh : 9th October 2009 at 19:29.
Old 9th October 2009, 19:57   #312
JVH
Senior - BHPian

I agree to LionX's opinion regarding pure+art leather combo. It will be of immense help during summer.

Wasn't this Karlsson guy a member here? Whatever happened!
Old 9th October 2009, 22:12   #313
Senior - BHPian

I checked Marvin website and really liked this design. Even something close to this will looks nice in Red Spark I think.

Pic source:Marvin - Collections
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-seatcover.jpg  

Old 10th October 2009, 07:48   #314
BANNED

A silly question , I have put covers for the seat , in the rear seat how to get the middle seat belt out , currently only side seat belts can be used where as the middle one is beneath the seat cover.
Old 10th October 2009, 12:43   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
A silly question , I have put covers for the seat , in the rear seat how to get the middle seat belt out , currently only side seat belts can be used where as the middle one is beneath the seat cover.

The Middle or Lap belt should not be in the seat cover instead it would be under the rear seat. I mean under the rear seat base and not the recline.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks