Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 17:51   #271
BHPian

for verna

hi folks..

I ordered for some kind-of-leather material seat cover (i dont know it is art leather or not) and the guys at the accessory shop said it will cost 4.5k with two years warranty. But they said its possible in Verna only for the seats, not for door trims, gear boot, handbrake and steering wheel.

if I go for the rest, ie; for door trims, gear boot, handbrake and steering wheel separately, what will be the cost? I would like to do it in black+beige combination. Also want to know whether it is possible in Verna, which has a beige interior with garment covering for seats.

hope you got my question
Old 15th September 2009, 19:34   #272
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
I have been ripped off in the past and bought art leather thinking its leather
I've seen members clearly posting that its art leather to their fullest knowledge & prefer it with their own viewpoints. But still your strong posts advocating Kaarlsson humiliating bhpians says something else.

Dude - there are ways to communicate the things you want to communicate. Only the aggressive sales man gets so aggressive to offend people by cutting everybody to sizes. I myself strongly like Kaarlsson but would not so strongly chide the members.

Quote:
Make your own choices based on your research and not what anyone tells you on any forum.
Credibility of who is posting what is the key. It can be judged by the way it is posted or said.
I go by my assesment of above
Old 15th September 2009, 20:03   #273
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I've seen members clearly posting that its art leather to their fullest knowledge & prefer it with their own viewpoints. But still your strong posts advocating Kaarlsson humiliating bhpians says something else.

Dude - there are ways to communicate the things you want to communicate. Only the aggressive sales man gets so aggressive to offend people by cutting everybody to sizes. I myself strongly like Kaarlsson but would not so strongly chide the members.

Credibility of who is posting what is the key. It can be judged by the way it is posted or said.
I go by my assesment of above
'Dude' whether you like karlsson or any other stuff is up to you. I am also a bhpian like everyone else. This is a public forum for putting across ones views and sharing information. But I vet whatever I read on public forums in the real world or its like taking medication based on medical advice on the internet. Seems you are an overly sensitive. Humiliated people ?? How? Did I make any personal remarks? You can arrive at any conclusion or
conspiracy theory. So is there also a huge conspiracy by other car makers in the Skoda thread?
Old 15th September 2009, 20:30   #274
BANNED

Quote:
I am also a bhpian like everyone else.
Why do you need to say this yourself?

Quote:
This is a public forum for putting across ones views and sharing information.
Sure it is a public forum. But not for "selling" a particular brand/ item from a particular shop only.

Quote:
Seems you are an overly sensitive.
Do not ever try to judge me. Its a piece of crap coming from someone whose status & credibility is questioned by many here on this very thread

Quote:
So is there also a huge conspiracy by other car makers in the Skoda thread?
You're really going nuts. Now what does Skoda have to do with this ?
Old 15th September 2009, 20:37   #275
BANNED

Quote:
I actually addressed that query to both - Hypercar & Karlsson - both are 2 different t-bhp handles. Karlsson seems to be the seat cover mfr & started his posts in "Stanely Leather seats - your views please" thread. From the point in that thread that Karlsson stopped posting (for whatever reason), Hypercar started from that point in that thread:
  • Location of both user handle is Bangalore
  • Both advocates Karlsson make aggressively (it's an excellent product & I believe top-notch amongst what is available in India)
  • Both gets aggressive sometimes with their views hurting some bhpians'.
  • Some exact words - "Lifestyle choices", scandinavian swedish leather etc & some typical statements like "sorry to say but those covers look ugly/ misfit/ slip-on pajama-type & are cheap etc etc" - are commonly used in posts
But, both are different t-bhp User ID's & might be separate than each other
Thats what others including me thinks too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
Yes, it's art leather - a.k.a PU.

I will PM the name and price to anybody who is interested (please PM me), but I will not disclose the name here. I'm not going to promote the person/company who installed it here for a specific reason. I'll let the jury here decide whether the reason is good enough or not.

The person/company which installed it here, to the best of my knowledge (and many other forum members also believe it), promotes his company on the t-bhp without full disclosure of his vested interest, which I believe is unethical. All we need is a full disclosure of vested interest in his signature or in his profile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
is it H......r ? its just a guess. as majority of his posts are in leather section. Sorry if i'm wrong
Quote:
Yep. That's whom I suspect too.
Old 15th September 2009, 23:53   #276
BHPian

Quote:
JMaruru maybe it was not that safe for you say that. If you dont agree with me its fine but whining to mods about me propagating any place in Indiranagar is lowdown and cheap.
For the record, i have not taken this up with mods. But even if i had, does that make it what you say ? Those are strong words, and please don't stoop to such levels to promote 'whatever' interests. Just going through all your posts one can easily make out, who is saying what. Invariably they would have found the pattern.

Quote:
People are not fools to go by posts on the internet and will verify and make choices. No one needs to go by what I recommend here.
I could not agree more. The response from the BHPians stand proof for the same.

Quote:
whatever floats your canoe man. JC road is where you are happy.
Please don't bother about where i would be happy.
Old 16th September 2009, 00:16   #277
Senior - BHPian

I too think that Hypercar has been out of line a wee bit. It does not help that all his posts, barring a handful, have been about seat covers (and almost none of them were complimentary to the owners who put up the pics).

Cheers,
Old 16th September 2009, 15:22   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I too think that Hypercar has been out of line a wee bit. It does not help that all his posts, barring a handful, have been about seat covers (and almost none of them were complimentary to the owners who put up the pics).

Cheers,
I too second this opinion !! Reading through the posts, any one can make out whats being suggested or pushed upon ...

None of the posts from the said user look like suggestions but sales advice !! JC Road is not really a bad place... u get stuff for every budget you hav, and obviously quality wud vary and it is all our perception of wats better and wats not
Old 16th September 2009, 15:59   #279
BHPian

???

Is ART Leather the same as Leatherite, a term popular here in New Delhi for leather lookalike's?

How to differentiate between PU and PVC? Pictures if possible would be appreciated.

Also does anybody have any idea of a good & reputed dealer, installer in Delhi. Who can undertake jobs such as steering cover, door trims, bucket stiched seats?
Old 18th September 2009, 11:12   #280
BANNED

Quote:
Why do you need to say this yourself?

Sure it is a public forum. But not for "selling" a particular brand/ item from a particular shop only.

Do not ever try to judge me. Its a piece of crap coming from someone whose status & credibility is questioned by many here on this very thread

You're really going nuts. Now what does Skoda have to do with this ?
Vahan, I think you should stop flaming the thread. Having more posts on a forum does not give you more rights. Your language is despicable and words like crap only show that. You are looking for one up man-ship and making false accusations. What credibility are you talking about? You obviously have loads of time to keep posting all this. Do not ever make threats either and watch your language.

Last edited by Hypercar : 18th September 2009 at 11:30.
Old 18th September 2009, 11:16   #281
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
For the record, i have not taken this up with mods. But even if i had, does that make it what you say ? Those are strong words, and please don't stoop to such levels to promote 'whatever' interests. Just going through all your posts one can easily make out, who is saying what. Invariably they would have found the pattern.

I could not agree more. The response from the BHPians stand proof for the same.

Please don't bother about where i would be happy.
Because I got a message from the mods asking me various questions which I have clarified. You guys are jumping to conclusions just because I said I did not like your seat covers. Nothing personal. You can continue believing whatever you want to. Responses from some people are no proof of anything and I am not interested in flaming this thread as you are.
Old 18th September 2009, 11:25   #282
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post

Cheers,
Raveendra there is enough reading on the forum on various subjects and there is no rule that one must post on all subjects. I just thought of sharing what I learnt thats all because it was new to me thats all. But it seems that some people here are looking for approval on their seat covers and making paranoid accusations. I use similar words as Karlsson it seems. Of course I have read his posts on leather. Its English language for God's sake! Does anyone have a copyright on the way to speak or write? Maybe some people need to learn to take some criticism when they post pics. Its no big deal.
Old 18th September 2009, 11:29   #283
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
I too second this opinion !! Reading through the posts, any one can make out whats being suggested or pushed upon ...

None of the posts from the said user look like suggestions but sales advice !! JC Road is not really a bad place... u get stuff for every budget you hav, and obviously quality wud vary and it is all our perception of wats better and wats not
Krishna you can call it sales advice or opinion. It is my opinion that JC road stuff is ordinary and I am a long term Bangalorean. Its not all perception, there is something called physical evidence and how quality conscious you are. But I agree its all up to your budget, choice and taste.
Old 18th September 2009, 16:31   #284
BANNED

Quote:
Vahan, I think you should stop flaming the thread. Having more posts on a forum does not give you more rights. Your language is despicable and words like crap only show that. You are looking for one up man-ship and making false accusations. What credibility are you talking about? You obviously have loads of time to keep posting all this. Do not ever make threats either and watch your language.
Ever heard - What you Give is What you Get?
These are the types of words you used to describe some members seat covers as shoddy, looks in pathetic sorry-state, slip-on loose types etc etc sometimes also making a mockery of people that if they do not have money/ budget, this is what they get (what they give for). And most of those were unsolicited remarks & you even went on arguement when some members like Jmaruru tried to explain their viewpoints.
Life is a great leveller, my friend. Respect others & thy shall be respected.

Last edited by VahanPujari : 18th September 2009 at 16:35.
Old 18th September 2009, 17:12   #285
BHPian

Quote:
You guys are jumping to conclusions just because I said I did not like your seat covers. Nothing personal. You can continue believing whatever you want to.
Thanks. You have been generous, today.

Quote:
Responses from some people are no proof of anything
So according to you response from none of the many a BHPians does not stand the light of the day, but whatever you say does.

Quote:
and I am not interested in flaming this thread as you are.
Rather than making 4 different back to back posts, you could have consolidated all this into one (multi-quote). It would help reduce the 'flaming', as you say.

I am reproducing the comment from a fellow BHPian which i feel best captures the only grouse everyone has here.

Quote:
The person/company which installed it here, to the best of my knowledge (and many other forum members also believe it), promotes his company on the t-bhp without full disclosure of his vested interest, which I believe is unethical. All we need is a full disclosure of vested interest in his signature or in his profile.

Last edited by JMaruru : 18th September 2009 at 17:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks