Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 23:50   #211
BHPian

Nulooks guys seems to be costlier than others, though he does a decent work on seats.
Old 24th July 2009, 02:45   #212
BHPian

nulooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
chetan,

Nice review. Can you share the contact number of this place? Have been wanting to get a leather steering cover fitted for my Santro and plan to go here this weekend.

Cheers,
gpa
Hi gpa,i dont have the owners number ,but i have the number of his worker called basavaraj 9900477809,he does the steering job,you can contact him,try to bargain i got mine done for rs 950 for my alto,you can tell my name chetan (doctor with alto)he will know,thanks bye
Old 24th July 2009, 10:17   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Hi E1t1bet,
The shop's name is KarSpot. The person's name is Anil Kumar.9480223545. I recall going there some months ago and he said, it will take a couple of days to deliver the car seat covers. Seemed pretty decent in my opinion. And he had good rates as well. Are you sure he gets his stitching done from Gsport?
I will look at exploring it then. Was looking for seat covers for my NHC. Gsport and Stanley are too costly in my opinion. Want something which is good and economical.
That number is not working my dear friend, Can I ask you what was the quote that you received?
Old 24th July 2009, 13:14   #214
Senior - BHPian

Is there anybody who does good job at a decent price in Indiara Nagar? My friend would like to put art leather seat cover and pure leather steering wheel cover for his Spark. Budget is 5-7K

How about TORQE in Jeevanbhima Nagar?

Last edited by Latheesh : 24th July 2009 at 13:16.
Old 24th July 2009, 14:58   #215
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan5678 View Post
Hi gpa,i dont have the owners number ,but i have the number of his worker called basavaraj 9900477809,he does the steering job,you can contact him,try to bargain i got mine done for rs 950 for my alto,you can tell my name chetan (doctor with alto)he will know,thanks bye
Thanks for the number and reference Chetan. Will keep you guys posted on what happens.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 26th July 2009, 16:45   #216
rkg
Senior - BHPian

I have checked the karspot guy in marthahalli for Indica Vista fabric seat covers. he has shown me two types of cloth. one is beige and other regular grey and dark shades. he quoted biege shades 2250 and grey shades 1800. when i asked for custom fit he has asked for additional 500

next day i have checked at sachin's autoshop koramangala . he too has almost same shades. his quote was 1500.

elegant fabguard seat covers were quoted at 3000 by sachin's
where as elegant distributor for karnataka M/s Kumar car accessories at JC road quoted 2400 for the same elegant ones. the MRP was 2570.

elegant covers are good with nice fabric and very good inner lining and cushion when compared to even what car dealers sell.

elegant and autoform india seems to same company. autoform brand is for art leather and elegant for fabric.
www.elegantauto.net
Old 27th July 2009, 13:26   #217
BHPian

I know it must have been answered/discussed here before. But could not find any recent post for Hyderabad.

I am thinking of getting Art leather seats for my Elantra (yet to get it home). where can I get a decent work done in Hyderabad. How much should I expect to spend on this ? just the seats, not the door panels or other stuff in the car.

Also, I need genuine leather on the Gear knob and the steering wheel. where can this be done ? and approximatly how much will that cost ?

This is a Golden colour Elantra, what colour will look good for the seats ? Beige/Black or some other ? T-BHPians views ?
Old 27th July 2009, 15:01   #218
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal_v2002 View Post
I know it must have been answered/discussed here before. But could not find any recent post for Hyderabad.

I am thinking of getting Art leather seats for my Elantra (yet to get it home). where can I get a decent work done in Hyderabad. How much should I expect to spend on this ? just the seats, not the door panels or other stuff in the car.

Also, I need genuine leather on the Gear knob and the steering wheel. where can this be done ? and approximatly how much will that cost ?

This is a Golden colour Elantra, what colour will look good for the seats ? Beige/Black or some other ? T-BHPians views ?
Go for half white or maroon red.
Old 27th July 2009, 17:45   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Is there anybody who does good job at a decent price in Indiara Nagar? My friend would like to put art leather seat cover and pure leather steering wheel cover for his Spark. Budget is 5-7K

Could someone please answer my queries?
Old 27th July 2009, 17:53   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal_v2002 View Post

Go to Xenex in Kondapur who will do a decent job for any color combination that you choose and a tbhpian got it done for his SX4 for Rs.4.5K and he did quite a good job.

Dark Biege and Black would look nice for your Gold Color Elantra assuming your interior is beige in color.

When you go to Xenex mention your from TBHP, that ways you wont get fleeced.
Old 27th July 2009, 18:11   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Could someone please answer my queries?
You can find some more shop in Indiaranagar area.
-- Opposite to IOCL petrol bunk.
-- EVO in Cambridge
-- Inside Jeevanbima nagar Bustand. Behind the church
Old 28th July 2009, 12:49   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Go to Xenex in Kondapur who will do a decent job for any color combination that you choose and a tbhpian got it done for his SX4 for Rs.4.5K and he did quite a good job.

Dark Biege and Black would look nice for your Gold Color Elantra assuming your interior is beige in color.

When you go to Xenex mention your from TBHP, that ways you wont get fleeced.
Thanks buddy for the pointer.

BTW, do they remove the existing cloth upholstry for stitching the art leather one, or is it on top of the existing upholstery ? or can it be done either way (with or withput removing the existing upholstery), which one is suggested from the point of view of finish of hte work ? durability of the upholstery ?
Old 28th July 2009, 14:35   #223
BANNED

Quote:

You need to visit Karlsson leather in Indiranagar, phone 25216394 They are manufacturers and not an accessory shop. I had posted pics of an i20 done by them in art leather in a factory fit. Not the normal slip on seat covers sold by accessory shops like torque. These guys have some automotive grade art leather. Kärlsson
Old 28th July 2009, 14:44   #224
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Nulooks guys seems to be costlier than others, though he does a decent work on seats.
The reality is that all these guys like Nulooks, Ceralli, Marvin,Ovion, Pensee etc carry similar types of leather and sell them at different prices. Some of the leather is made in TN and ordinary stuff which smells bad. So be suspicious of very low prices.

The only guys who have their own proprietary leathers are Stanley and Karlsson Leather from my research. In fact I think Karlsson in Bangalore has got some really high quality swedish leather as well and have many more options depending on your budget. And also have leather much higher than stanley's quality.
Old 28th July 2009, 14:46   #225
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Arindam, I will check it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
You need to visit Karlsson leather in Indiranagar, phone 25216394 They are manufacturers and not an accessory shop. I had posted pics of an i20 done by them in art leather in a factory fit. Not the normal slip on seat covers sold by accessory shops like torque. These guys have some automotive grade art leather. Kärlsson
Looks like this Karlsson products are pure leather. considering my friend's budget 5-7K. Anyway I will give a call to them

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks