Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2024, 10:37   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMV View Post
Hi all,

Need suggestions for brighter headlights for Corolla Altis (10th gen). Currently I am using factory fitted lights and increasingly finding it dull, especially during outside city drives. Also need views on LED vs other options as LED light is white and whether it affects visibility in rain/fog. With 15 year fitness test around the corner, don’t want to try options which RTO may not allow.
Wait for your fitness to be done with. Then install something like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-blackkingkong01.jpg  

lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 17:46   #797

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogie View Post
Thanks Amrit.

Any suggestions for head lights? Budget around 15-20,000 and primary usage would be good visibility on highways.
Hi Yogie, I had a similar confusion. Check out post 757 in this thread, you will find my observations there. Mine is a Scross 1.6 too.

When you do install the projectors, please ensure that the cut-off throw level is NEVER above the actual height of the projectors, irrespective of the distance from the car. This is very tricky to set-up and can take some time to do so, please be patient. You may not get it right the first time of installation, just let the installer know that you may return back in case you are not satisfied with the light level adjustment - this way they wont charge you again in case you return for the same job.

Wish you many many happy miles with your 1.6.
Old 27th June 2024, 10:16   #798

Hi all! I need advice and improvement/suggestion for my headlight upgrade on my 2019 Swift Dzire VDI. The car is bone stock and I find it really difficult to drive the vehicle in the night since it doesn't have fog lamps in the VDI variant.

The one's I have shortlisted are:
1. Excelite H4 Halogen, 12V 100/90W.
2. Valeo fog lamps.
Both are to be sourced from Boodmo.

My doubt is do I need a relay?
If yes, is Philips H4 Headlamp Wiring Kit with relay 130/100W a good one to go for?
Is a battery change required?

Really excited to see your replies
Old 2nd July 2024, 15:14   #799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I had them in my Jeep Compass and they are pretty decent. On the Jeep though the projector lenses were milky so their effect was a bit muted. You will get much better results with other cars with clear lenses or reflectors....
Behemoth you seem to have experimented a lot with light in your Jeep Compass, i have jeep compass longitude O, currently have a Excelite 24w LED and stock fog lamps, completely unhappy with the setup and struggle to drive in the night. I have considered 3 options.

1. 35w led from Osram for headlight and upgrade the projector to GTR pro/IPH/etc...
2. HID setup for headlight (Osram) or by Uglare and upgrade the projector to GTR pro/IPH/etc...
3.Leave the poor Excelite led 24w as is and just add projector (GTR/IPH/etc..)

BTW the dust cover grooves were slightly cut to fit in the LED and have already started to see dew formation on right headlamp which I'm not happy about.

What setup seems the best from your experience on Jeep Compass ?

Last edited by KarthikK : 2nd July 2024 at 15:17.
Old 5th July 2024, 21:40   #800
BHPian

Team,

I have 2012 Scorpio Mhawk and have currently installed 100/130 Philips H4 Halogen bulbs with relay. I feel the throw is not good and planning to upgrade to LED. I have narrowed my search to Osram LED H4. I recently upgraded my battery to 85 Ah. Here are my questions:

1. Do I need to remove the relay to fit the Osram LED H4?
2. What's the difference between 4200K and 600K. I would ideally prefer 4200K as it is nearer to yellow light of Halogen and hence avoiding any cop trouble. Any difference in through/brightness between the two?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Old 5th July 2024, 23:15   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShadow View Post
My doubt is do I need a relay?
If yes, is Philips H4 Headlamp Wiring Kit with relay 130/100W a good one to go for?
Is a battery change required?

Really excited to see your replies
Yes, you will need a relay. The Philips wiring kit with relay is good, can go for it.
Battery change not required.
Yakuza is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 07:34   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post

2. What's the difference between 4200K and 600K. I would ideally prefer 4200K as it is nearer to yellow light of Halogen and hence avoiding any cop trouble. Any difference in through/brightness between the two?
Hi ,

In my opinion -
1. The Osram LED’s if I remember correctly are no more than 50watts (in their latest model). Your stock wiring handles 55watts. You don’t need a relay. But no harm if you already have one in place.

2. 4500k straddles the middle of the light spectrum between full yellow and full white headlight bulbs. In my experience with HID’s, 4500k is ideal if you want a more whiter light than the halogens and still be as usable if not more usable than halogens in dry weather.

Cheers.

Last edited by Adrian Stephens : 12th July 2024 at 07:35.
Adrian Stephens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2024, 19:21   #803

Hi,

I am taking a VW Polo GT (2015) from a friend and plan to upgrade/change the headlights among a few other things (stock ICE, adding dashcam + back camera, change of Steering wheel, seat covers)

Can you suggest a few good options?

What kind of set up would be needed to have a good pair of strong LEDs?
Would you recommend addiotnal front foglights as well?

Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs.

Road.Monk
Old 18th July 2024, 20:59   #804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Here are my questions:

1. What is the wattage you are planning to go in for? 50W LED bulbs don't require relay and you should remove it.

2. 6000K is pure, milky white. 4200K is called "Natural White" and has a slightly yellowish tinge. However, the 4200K beam looks closer to white than to yellow and therefore you may not be able to avoid cop trouble. Unfortunately, 3000K shade (yellow) is not available in LED headlight bulbs online; at least that was the status a few months ago when I was hunting for H7 LEDs for my Linea. I was forced to settle for 4200K only.

My mechanic who did the fitment was disappointed by the appearance of Osram H7 bulbs that I had ordered from Amazon and which were made in China. He told me that the quality of Osram bulbs that are made in Germany is much better.
Old 2nd August 2024, 15:40   #805
BHPian

Hi,

I have a Kia Seltos (2019) HTK+. The OEM headlight setup is highly inadequate.

Looking for advice on what is the best and cost effective option to upgrade.

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th August 2024, 11:53   #806
BHPian

Hi,

Looking for advice on Fe Retrofit F-360 V3 LED 6000K and 160W H4 for Low Beam Headlight upgrade.

Regards,

SVM

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks