Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2023, 22:02   #721

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopLiveCentre View Post
Yes Please see the attachment
Thanks for the reply, but I am looking for the data sheet which has technical information about the bulb, dimensions etc. I don’t think this info was included in that documentation
Old 23rd December 2023, 14:18   #722

Guys, I own Baleno Sigma 2023 model. I want to replace headlamps as it has very poor light throw and are almost useless on highways. These are projector halogen headlamp. If someone can suggest a suitable LED replacement bulbs for the same.
Old 23rd December 2023, 15:28   #723
Senior - BHPian

Most of the LEDs are at 6000K colour temperature. This is going towards Blue and I will not be happy with anything over 5000K. (France specifies yellow lights which are typically <3000K). This was done originally to protect French industry.

For the traffic opposite this is far more considerate. LEDs have matured and therefore I am quite happy with them. This may be the death knell for HIDs.
Old 23rd December 2023, 19:55   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSMG View Post
Guys, I own Baleno Sigma 2023 model. I want to replace headlamps as it has very poor light throw and are almost useless on highways. These are projector halogen headlamp. If someone can suggest a suitable LED replacement bulbs for the same.
Are you sure that the reflectors are not corroded or shot. Should not happen in a 2023 model, too early, but please check. I do not think that the Baleno had such bad lights. If you then see the mount and get LEDs of the same mount. Should be a straightforward swap. You have to watch for the cooling fins not messing into something.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 20:38   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSMG View Post
The Osram 50 w leds are a good idea. Just got them fitted on my Polo. I shall upload the videos soon.
TopLiveCentre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 00:07   #726
BHPian

TopLiveCentre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 00:09   #727
BHPian

You will notice the leds coming into their own towards the end of the video when the headlamp level is lifted. The bulbs are installed at the low beam.
Old 24th December 2023, 23:21   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Anyone tried these Philips Ultinon Rally 3550 LED bulbs ? They are 50w 6000K and available for 6k on boodmo and other sites.
Yes, I recently got these for the scorpioN high beams. The performance is quite nice and are far brighter than the Philips ultinon pro 9000 which are doing duty as the low beam. The price you mentioned seems quite high as I got them from a trusted shop for 4k rupees.
Sumanyu17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 22:38   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Osram 6000k H7 LED installation in a 2016 Mahindra Scorpio S10 (Replacing stock Halogen Bulbs in Low Beam Projectors)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Update:
Absolutely loving the Osram LED's in city driving.
Upgraded to Osram 50w 6000k LED's in a 2016 Mahindra Scorpio S10 (Low Beam Projectors)

So I have swapped out the 18w Osram 6000k LED's for the 50w Osram 6000k LED's in the low beam, factory fitted projectors in my Scorpio S10.

The difference is very noticeable, with the 18w's seeming quite feeble compared to these. The 50w's cutoff seems even sharper just like stock (LED's have a slightly different shape, maybe thats why), there are no dark spots, lights up the road ahead slightly further and wider and are just generally much brighter.

There is still no blinding of oncoming traffic or light scatter.

Very happy with these. Installation is slightly different to the 18w as the 50w LED's have a tiny protrusion that needs to go in the holding ring at a particular angle and then turn to lock and position. The 18w's were just pushed in to their locking ring and pressure fitted with the o ring. LED chips are placed in the same orientation at 3 and 9 o'clock. Someone has posted a copy of the instruction manual above.

The 50w LED's are slightly larger but still fit ok. Was slightly more difficult to fit the ballast and wiring inside the dust cap but it all went in eventually nice and snug. Complete fitment was pretty simple as I have done this a few times now.

I still have the Osram Nightbreakers 200 Halogens in the High Beam reflectors and this provides a really nice contrast for rainy, foggy weather. They are super bright and cut nicely through oncoming high beams as well.

Very happy with the lighting setup now and have not even changed the cornering lights or fog lights yet. Not planning to touch these yet.

TL;DR: Highly recommend the 50w Osram LED's if you have factory fitted projectors.

Last edited by vb-saan : 27th December 2023 at 12:53. Reason: As requested
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 18:15   #730
BHPian

Hello!

I have a 2022 Venue SX (Pre-facelift) which has halogen projectors surrounded by the LED DRLs. I think the model of the headlight bulb is 9005 which has both - low beam and high beam on the same bulb. I'm looking to change the low beam, and the cornering lights to LEDs and am confused between the OSRAM 50W/4200K LEDs or the Genome 150W for the headlights. I'm also given to understand that the Maxxlink 150W LEDs are quite good.

Looking up to the experts for some guidance on this please! I don't want to drill holes on the dust caps or do anything that may affect warranty.

Thank You!

Cheers!
Old 2nd January 2024, 20:20   #731
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masalawheelz View Post
Hello!

I have a 2022 Venue SX (Pre-facelift) which has halogen projectors surrounded by the LED DRLs. I think the model of the headlight bulb is 9005 which has both - low beam and high beam on the same bulb. I'm looking to change the low beam, and the cornering lights to LEDs and am confused between the OSRAM 50W/4200K LEDs or the Genome 150W for the headlights. I'm also given to understand that the Maxxlink 150W LEDs are quite good.

Looking up to the experts for some guidance on this please! I don't want to drill holes on the dust caps or do anything that may affect warranty.

Thank You!

Cheers!
Osram any day of the week. Don't fall for these over the top 150w claims. The Osrams will perform better in the long run.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 12:27   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello!

Thank You!

Cheers!
150W LED are a myth. Even 50W were not reliable till OSRAM came up with their latest models, but we need to give it some time to understand how long even OSRAM last vs a 25W model. Stick with OSRAM 50W only for your car. I would also suggest that dont change the corner lights, let them be halogens as they barely get used. Usually corner lights are at an angle and you may not have enough space inside the housing to plug a LED with protrusion at the back. I did the same with my car as well. Swapped only low beams and fogs. Let high beam and cornering lights be halogen.

Last edited by supertinu : 9th January 2024 at 12:28.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 15:03   #733
BHPian

Quote:
I think the model of the headlight bulb is 9005 which has both - low beam and high beam on the same bulb. I'm looking to change the low beam, and the cornering lights to LEDs
A question: When the same headlight bulb is used for both low and high beam, how can we change only the low beam to LED? What is the plan for high beam?
Old 10th January 2024, 13:47   #734

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a SCross 1.6 Alpha and I'm in love with the car. While the car is a leaps and bounds improvement over my old Ritx VXI, the headlights in the car are simply not sufficient for the kind of power the car possesses. My Ritz had better illumination with 90/100 W Philips Rally bulbs.

The way i see it, i have the following options:
1) Upgrade just the fog lights: Buy projector and LED light separately. The advantage of this set-up is i can replace the bulb in case the LED goes kaput. But, i doubt if this set-up will withstand against rain/dust for a longer time?

2) Update just the fog lights again, but buy a projector that comes with an LED light within it. I assume this will have better durability? Here too, i'm confused if i should be going for the ones they call 'laser' LEDs. The Lens for these Laser LEDs has a protruding shape, usually. If these 'laser' LEDs don't make much of a difference over the LED lights, then its not worth buying as the 'laser' LED kind is 3-4k costlier.

3) Simply replace the existing bulb within the main headlight with a high power LED (the ones that come from Osram or Philips)

4) This is tricky. I've read that the main projector within SCross is not that good quality. People have replaced the projector itself and added the LED too.

My budget is 10-12k Rs. max. Looking to get Lights around 45K temperature. Kindly suggest.
If some Scross owner in Mumbai has had some experience with this upgrade it will be helpful to know their experience.

Thank you.
Old 10th January 2024, 14:56   #735
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Osram 50w 4200k Led is the answer to your query.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks