Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2022, 22:22   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
I am planning to upgrade headlights and fogs of my Hexa. But every time when I search for option I am getting confused with so many options available. Whether I should opt for whole LED set up or HIDs for low beam and LED for fog light? As per your experience can you suggest best possible option for Hexa?
For low beam HIDs will be good if you have a projector lens setup. Get 4300k HIDs if available. They have the best visibility.
For Fogs, if your current setup is 3inches circular you can go for the IPHM617 as I shared a few posts back.
For high beams you should stay with existing halogen as you need them for quick flashing. Cool leds in high beams are pretty useless and also create a lot of glare for oncoming cars and should be avoided in reflector setups.

Last edited by Behemoth : 17th September 2022 at 22:23.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 23:06   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
For low beam HIDs will be good if you have a projector lens setup. Get 4300k HIDs if available. They have the best visibility.
For Fogs, if your current setup is 3inches circular you can go for the IPHM617 as I shared a few posts back.
For high beams you should stay with existing halogen as you need them for quick flashing. Cool leds in high beams are pretty useless and also create a lot of glare for oncoming cars and should be avoided in reflector setups.
Hexa has 55W H7 projector set up in low beam. Which will be the best suitable HID 4300K set up for Hexa.
However fog lamp has 35W H8 set up in trapezoidal shape. What will be your recommendation for fog lamp.
Old 19th September 2022, 16:44   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hexa has 55W H7 projector set up in low beam. Which will be the best suitable HID 4300K set up for Hexa.
However fog lamp has 35W H8 set up in trapezoidal shape. What will be your recommendation for fog lamp.
For the low beams, you can go for HIDs in 35w 4300k from Osram or equivalent.
For the fog lamps, you have very little option as the shape is unique and standard 3 inch round projectors will not fit. Best to leave the fog lamps as is as you will need the warm beam. Putting leds on reflector based fog lamps is not recommended as they will not throw light anywhere meaningfully and will just scatter light. They will infact take away visibility of your main beams as the brightness level close to the car will be bright and your eyes will adjust to that level and hamper your long range visibility.
Old 19th September 2022, 17:52   #454
BHPian

Quote:
For the low beams, you can go for HIDs in 35w 4300k from Osram or equivalent.
For the fog lamps, you have very little option as the shape is unique and standard 3 inch round projectors will not fit. Best to leave the fog lamps as is as you will need the warm beam. Putting leds on reflector based fog lamps is not recommended as they will not throw light anywhere meaningfully and will just scatter light. They will infact take away visibility of your main beams as the brightness level close to the car will be bright and your eyes will adjust to that level and hamper your long range visibility.
Thank you for your advice. But in contrast to your suggestion, the local accessory guy here in Mumbai suggested to go for LED set up in all low, high and fog. The 4300K LED he recommended has been installed in his 2014 Honda City which he showed to me. But I was little reluctant about it’s effectiveness in Hexa. He said those LEDs are more effective than HIDs. All these things are creating more confusion than solution.

But as per your suggestion and going through previous posts of this thread, HID set up in 4300K for low beam is the best solution for Hexa. Just thinking now whether to opt for 35w or 55w and which brand?
Old 19th September 2022, 20:36   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your advice. But in contrast to your suggestion, the local accessory guy here in Mumbai suggested to go for LED set up in all low, high and fog. The 4300K LED he recommended has been installed in his 2014 Honda City which he showed to me. But I was little reluctant about it’s effectiveness in Hexa. He said those LEDs are more effective than HIDs. All these things are creating more confusion than solution.

But as per your suggestion and going through previous posts of this thread, HID set up in 4300K for low beam is the best solution for Hexa. Just thinking now whether to opt for 35w or 55w and which brand?
Well he is just trying to sell you what he probably carries. But from personal experience I can tell you that the beam Pattern with most leds is horrendous and there is a very prominent dark spot exactly where you need light!
Hids have the best beam distribution and brightness for projector lens based systems.
Please avoid LEDs as they would not be right for your application.
Over the past 5 years I would have tried at least 6 different LED bulbs (from Aliexpress and Amazon) before I finally settled on HID. The only LEDs I do recommend are fully sealed integral units (like the IPH M617) which are designed for LEDs. LEDs are not good for retrofit applications though.
Behemoth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 13:19   #456

Quote:

Hey Bro! Where in Mumbai are you trying to source those HiDs??
Is it in GTB Area or in Opera House?
Old 26th September 2022, 10:31   #457
BHPian

I have a question regarding sourcing of iPH Car M617 (3-in-1) fog lights. I read that many people bought these from Blaze India or Carhatke.com. I checked both of these and found that:

1. Blaze India is giving 1 year warranty and charging 8200
2. Carhatke giving 15 days warranty and charging 6500

I am wondering if both are selling genuine fog lights then why is there a difference in warranty and more importantly whom to buy these lights from?

Any pointers will be appreciated...
Old 26th September 2022, 10:59   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
I have a question regarding sourcing of iPH Car M617 (3-in-1) fog lights. I read that many people bought these from Blaze India or Carhatke.com. I checked both of these and found that:

1. Blaze India is giving 1 year warranty and charging 8200
2. Carhatke giving 15 days warranty and charging 6500

I am wondering if both are selling genuine fog lights then why is there a difference in warranty and more importantly whom to buy these lights from?

Any pointers will be appreciated...
I had bought mine from Blaze India at the same price (8200). He is a direct importer from IPH and AES. The risk with websites like Carhatke is that they are not importers and you will never know the seller. Also having 1 year warranty is much better than 15days warranty in this case.
Old 26th September 2022, 11:09   #459
BHPian

Quote:
I had bought mine from Blaze India at the same price (8200). He is a direct importer from IPH and AES. The risk with websites like Carhatke is that they are not importers and you will never know the seller. Also having 1 year warranty is much better than 15days warranty in this case.
Agree...that's why Blaze guys are charging a premium!! A 1 year warranty over a 15 days one for a 25% premium is worth paying for i think too...if it can last 1 year it should work for many more years i suppose.

As an aside, do you think AES also has a competing product (a 3-in-1 fog light)? If there's a competing and a better product i can look at that too...
Old 26th September 2022, 12:42   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
Agree...that's why Blaze guys are charging a premium!! A 1 year warranty over a 15 days one for a 25% premium is worth paying for i think too...if it can last 1 year it should work for many more years i suppose.

As an aside, do you think AES also has a competing product (a 3-in-1 fog light)? If there's a competing and a better product i can look at that too...
When I I had bought mine (IPH) around a year back, AES did not have multi colour options in their 3 inch fog projectors and this is why I went for the IPH ones. For me it was a critical needs as I don't like cool fog lights (defeats the purpose of fig lights, as the scatter of blue light is very high).
You can check with Blaze if they have colour changing options from Aes now.
Old 26th September 2022, 13:26   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindgrathore View Post
Hey Bro! Where in Mumbai are you trying to source those HiDs??
Is it in GTB Area or in Opera House?
As per fellow member’s advice and recommendation I am contacting Blaze India. But before finalizing I am also looking for HIDs from U Glare. They have product which fits for my Hexa and couple of reviews are available on their site for Hexa. I think these reviewer are also in THOR group and product is highly recommended there.

GTB area is very near from my place but products and service are not trustworthy here. Only LEDs are pushed here and you can’t expect clean installation. You can opt for Opera house though.
Old 26th September 2022, 13:54   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As per fellow member’s advice and recommendation I am contacting Blaze India. But before finalizing I am also looking for HIDs from U Glare. They have product which fits for my Hexa and couple of reviews are available on their site for Hexa. I think these reviewer are also in THOR group and product is highly recommended there.

GTB area is very near from my place but products and service are not trustworthy here. Only LEDs are pushed here and you can’t expect clean installation. You can opt for Opera house though.
Yes Uglare HIDs are also good. I have earlier bought Yeaky HID bulbs from Abhishek (Uglare) and found him quite knowledgeable and supportive. In my Jeep Compass my main beam HID bulbs (Yeaky) are from him and the Drivers (Asic 42w) are the same ones that he also uses (I had imported mine directly from AliExpress almost 4 years back). The drivers he uses are good quality and last well.
Old 26th September 2022, 14:30   #463
Senior - BHPian

Folks, recently one of the low beams on my H4 LEDs on the Figo gave away. They lasted about 5yrs which is pretty decent life from LEDs in my view, given that on my XUV I have been swapping almost annually. For the swap I chose to buy OSRAM H4 from Amazon based on my experience of their H7 which I had updated on my XUV low beam projectors.

In short summary, the quality of brightness is extremely good and beam pattern is very close to halogen which is a big deal since Figo has reflectors and previous LEDs were getting scattered more. You can compare the throw against pictures in my starting post. I didn't take pictures on the road yet, but against the wall you can see the low beam cut off is good and on road illumination is also fairly uniform without any dark spots. High beam has good throw as well, but yes it has the limitation of white light scattering more vs warmer colors.

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-20220925_134511.jpg
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-20220925_134518.jpg

Link from amazon

https://www.amazon.in/Osram-46204CW-Headlamp-integrated-driver/dp/B08L8W7GBZ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=5TW33VR7CNRC&keywords=h4+led+osram &qid=1664182058&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIzLjU5IiwicXNhIjoiMi4 0NCIsInFzcCI6IjEuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=h4+led+osram %2Caps%2C184&sr=8-1

In summary based on my stock halogen swap experiments with LED
  • OSRAM branded products are the best VFM you can buy in india. On Amazon they are returnable as well, so incase you dont like the results just return them. they are 50% cheaper than Philips with equivalent or better results
  • As Behemoth has been mentioning, full integrated projectors kits are better solutions for LEDs but this drop in replacement is least effort
  • HIDs in general would be better solution than LED given that they are warmer and beam pattern is also better. But I did find OSRAM LEDs, very good with beam pattern and worth a shot before you do a more complex change
supertinu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 11:44   #464
BHPian

Happy Navratras everyone!

I want to upgrade stock LED Lamps on Hyundai Verna Turbo [2021/22 model] with an Osram pair. The user manual says LED MFR, nothing mentioned for the bulb type.

Can someone help me with the right bulb type?
Old 27th September 2022, 20:19   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashdeepsingh View Post
Happy Navratras everyone!

I want to upgrade stock LED Lamps on Hyundai Verna Turbo [2021/22 model] with an Osram pair. The user manual says LED MFR, nothing mentioned for the bulb type.

Can someone help me with the right bulb type?
Since your Verna comes with factory fitted LED headlamps, these don't have replaceable LED bulbs fitted in them. Upgrading your lights will require replacement of the full headlamp assemblies and will be a very costly affair. You also may not find anything in the aftermarket which matches the OE quality. Since you are based in Gurgaon, you could go to Karol Bagh - MXs Motorsport and see if they have any worthwhile LED headlamp options. But these cost upwards of 30K and are typically aftermarket imports from Thailand/ Malaysia etc.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks