Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2011, 07:14   #13276
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
This bike actually was much bigger than it looks in these photos. It was by far the loudest bike i have seen or heard. We could feel the hotel walls vibrating when this guy starts his bike.
see the "502"?
thats cubic inches.
its a Chevy v8, 8.4 bloody litres...powered upto 502, minimum 340 bhp!!!

I'm surprised your hotel didn't fall over!
Old 17th May 2011, 12:40   #13277
BHPian

Saw this Alto today in TTK road, Chennai. With a cloth hanger, the Suzuki symbol and "Alto" badge were done up in red color (nail polish??) with poor finish.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-dsc01010.jpg  

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-dsc01012.jpg  

Last edited by callvvijay : 17th May 2011 at 12:42.
Old 17th May 2011, 15:06   #13278
BHPian

I am regular on Team BHP and one of the threads which I visit most often is this particular one as it's amusing to see the horrendous modifications done by some of our supposedly automobile enthusiast brethren.

I have been itching to put this note since a long time. I have seen many posts where people put pictures of any car they have seen with a Spoiler and term it as a Cloth Hanger. I agree most of these after market fitments have very little aesthetic value and don't provide the downforce which is the technical reason for this design innovation.

So it's a request that don't get tempted to take a picture of any car which has a spoiler so that we can contribute to the thread by saying - Sighted another cloth hanger!.

CallVvijay.. I don't mean to pick on you as your last post is of a car with a Spoiler.This is rampant on this thread since many months or maybe years. Please excuse me if you think my comment is harsh.

Let's just entertain ourselves with seeing cars which are poorly modified and not just because some one has put a spoiler on his car. These modifications hardly ellicit a smirk or that feeling 'OH MY GOD!!! .. WHAT WAS THE GUY THINKING TO DO THIS TO SUCH A BEAUTIFUL CAR!'
RajBajwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 15:42   #13279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post
I am regular on Team BHP and one of the threads which I visit most often is this particular one as it's amusing to see the horrendous modifications done by some of our supposedly automobile enthusiast brethren.

I have been itching to put this note since a long time. I have seen many posts where people put pictures of any car they have seen with a Spoiler and term it as a Cloth Hanger. I agree most of these after market fitments have very little aesthetic value and don't provide the downforce which is the technical reason for this design innovation.

So it's a request that don't get tempted to take a picture of any car which has a spoiler so that we can contribute to the thread by saying - Sighted another cloth hanger!.

CallVvijay.. I don't mean to pick on you as your last post is of a car with a Spoiler.This is rampant on this thread since many months or maybe years. Please excuse me if you think my comment is harsh.

Let's just entertain ourselves with seeing cars which are poorly modified and not just because some one has put a spoiler on his car. These modifications hardly ellicit a smirk or that feeling 'OH MY GOD!!! .. WHAT WAS THE GUY THINKING TO DO THIS TO SUCH A BEAUTIFUL CAR!'
+1. The only weird thing on that car is the nail paint on the Suzuki logo. The spoiler on the car is a very common GT spoiler which is found on a lot of swifts.
Old 18th May 2011, 11:59   #13280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
+1. The only weird thing on that car is the nail paint on the Suzuki logo. The spoiler on the car is a very common GT spoiler which is found on a lot of swifts.
I am not sure if it is a Swift spoiler. But the reason I had posted it here is that it looked really yuck/wacky on an Alto. Going by your post, the owner of the car could have put a Alto spoiler in his Alto rather than the one designed for some other car.

Might be the angle at which I have taken the photo have made you think its quite okay and not that wacky. But it was at least for me

Last edited by callvvijay : 18th May 2011 at 12:04.
Old 18th May 2011, 13:23   #13281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post

+1 on it Raj. The spoiler on this particular Alto definitely suits it. Its not the ugly looking stock 'roof' that Maruti provides, but a proper, good looking wing-type spoiler.
Old 18th May 2011, 14:39   #13282
BHPian

Even though its not a mod job, its sure is wacky.. Machliwala on a CBR 250 R

MODS- Please post to the relevant thread if this is not suitable here
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-228079_1678064323632_1598237696_31308950_4591085_n.jpg  

Old 18th May 2011, 16:09   #13283
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pics of Weird, Wacky & Funny stickers and badges on cars

I liked this...Spotted this in Manipal last weekend
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-dsc_8577.jpg  

Old 18th May 2011, 17:27   #13284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
LOL!!.. Its whacky for sure!!.. and it belongs here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ings-road.html
Old 18th May 2011, 18:09   #13285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

this is not in India. the CBR250R has just been launched and many people are still waiting for their deliveries
Old 18th May 2011, 19:29   #13286
BHPian

Quote:

LOL! So this is how a premium small Indian bike is used elsewhere? Would it mean, when you tell a friend abroad that you ride a CBR 250 R, he gets a similar image in his mind?
Old 18th May 2011, 20:09   #13287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
this is not in India. the CBR250R has just been launched and many people are still waiting for their deliveries
Plus the color is not available in India
Old 18th May 2011, 22:55   #13288
BHPian

Wherever the place, its still a fisherman taking his "FRESH" fish on the mean machine. Wasted that bike
Old 19th May 2011, 01:35   #13289
BHPian

Are you sure it is not something like this??

Picture: Other - IMG_0261
Old 19th May 2011, 03:38   #13290
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics of Weird, Wacky & Funny stickers and badges on cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I liked this...Spotted this in Manipal last weekend
This ones nice - a bow to offroading.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks