Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2008, 23:42   #31
Team-BHP Support

I got my entire car touched up, bumper, bonnet and 2 doors repainted and some denting work on the left side(some iron rods had cut metal). This job was done in Ludhiana and cost me 3000rs
Old 24th February 2008, 17:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Wow thats cheap, Here the MASS takes 1800 bucks just for front bumper & this too is after negotiation else its 2200.
Old 24th February 2008, 17:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Why not get your local automotive paint dealer to mix you a small quantity of your colour?

I found a guy near Mumbai Central, who gives me Silky Silver for my Swift at Rs. 235 for 100 ml. And his paint matching skills are great.
Old 24th February 2008, 18:17   #34
BHPian

Another suggestion from me:

I recently had my Kinetic Blaze hit the divider and had a couple of scratches. What I did was, went to the nearest beauty shop, got a bottle of cherry red nailpolish (my vehicle was red) and applied it over the scratches.

Although it ended up being a bit darker than the original paint, its far better looking than the white patch over the red background.

If you want, i can post pics of the patch work.
Old 25th February 2008, 13:34   #35
BHPian

Com paint is neat alternate, that even i have come across as they have exact shades as per indian cars and one can get for most of the cars...

But before tryinga any paint touch ups. look at and try some scratch removmal waxes or pastes that will help to some extent.

Only after which can go for paint touch ups....
Old 25th February 2008, 14:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

All the aerosol tubes which we get never matches the car color and it would be double trouble after using it.We would be forced to get the job done at an A.S.S. after our efforts over.The best application of such a thing would be painting the alloys,petrol lid-in a contrast color etc.
ram
Old 25th February 2008, 16:19   #37
BHPian

I have some big marks on left part on front bumper of NHC ( Sebring Silver ) , i was looking forward to get my front bumper painted from Honda itself but somebody told me that the colour wont match as its 3 year old car , is it really so ? If it isnt the case , i'll surely go for it , coz it really kills the look of my car.
Old 28th February 2008, 10:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

Its not with the paint matching its the method of doing it and practice, try it on a cardboard before you spray your car.

Follow manufacturers instructions properly without missing a thing.

Be patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
All the aerosol tubes which we get never matches the car color and it would be double trouble after using it.We would be forced to get the job done at an A.S.S. after our efforts over.The best application of such a thing would be painting the alloys,petrol lid-in a contrast color etc.
ram
Another very informative website for touchup is PaintScratch Touch-Up Paint (rs), Spray Cans, Spray Paint, Paint Pens, Car Paint, Automotive Paint

Last edited by dadu : 28th February 2008 at 10:50.
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:14   #39
BHPian

1st of all sorry for reviving this old thread , actually i was doubtful what to do till now.

My NHC has completed 3 years on 21st this month and with only 20k on the odo, it feels good as new.

But the left part of front bumper still has big mark .

I'm attaching a pic for reference.

Leaving this the car is scratchless, I want to get it fixed . The last time I got it serviced ( Ring road honda , peeragarhi , new delhi ) , they quoted 10k for this as far as I can remember which I found to be too steep. They were changing the bumper, as the part which connects the bumper with car was damaged and also the painting charges were included in 10k.

So guys please help .
Attached Thumbnails
Touch up paint tubes-s_dsc02422-copy.jpg  

Touch up paint tubes-s_dsc02421.jpg  

Touch up paint tubes-s_dsc02290-copy.jpg  

Old 23rd May 2008, 21:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

You can use com-paint paint spray and merge spray and fix the bumper to look almost new. I have used it on my Maruti and the results are fabulous.
Old 18th June 2008, 09:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

one fool had hit my car in office parking. Was shocked to see this when went to parking at 10:00PM for home.

Some how I managed to catch hold of this guy today morning, because gaurd took his car number and I tracked him from office records. This fool did not have the courtesy to come up and tell the incident.

Today I will go to MASS for the estimate. Visual damage is less, but there are some non visual damages.

1. Scratch on bumper, with paint gone.
2. Bumper locks are loose.
3. Gap between the bonnet and that headlight has increased.
4. There were scratches other than then paint peel off, but I managed to remove them from 3M body polish.

Can this be managed with touch up paints. Sorry for the bad pic.

Also I have this guy to pay for the damage.
Touch up paint tubes-200806172204_099.jpg
Old 18th June 2008, 14:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend some sadist guys scratched my hatch door with some coin or keys when parked in Koramangala

Donno i have couple of scratches on my bumpers which is earned from the bumper to bumper traffic in B'Lore. And my roof is faded too hence I am also looking for some good solution.
Old 23rd June 2008, 19:20   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
mine is mostly on bumper. Did any team-BHPians tried Comp-paint ?.
Hi All,

I got a very bad scratch on my verna's front bumper and decided to use the com-paint spray, My car color is Real Earth and i called up Auto Planet in J.C.Road and picked up the Real Earth color spray kit for 300.00, came home and cleaned the bumper and then tried the can to my horror, the spray began to drip and the surrounding area inspite of covering it up paper, began to turn brown. i took out a clean dry cloth and with the help of thinner cleaned up the area.

My suggestion to all is please dont use the com-paint spray can as its of no help. I'am now looking out for Real Earth color nail polish.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 20th August 2008, 11:59   #44
Senior - BHPian

Good news for people with no access to com-paint nearby.

Com-paint has gone online and all the products are available through online shopping.

Sajan, as we checked your scratch is very minor and not suitable for a spray job. Spray Com-paint in a plastic cap and use a small water colour hobby brush to touch-up. Spray Com-merge on top.

Do not forget to watch their Demo if you intend to use the Spray method and practice.

Last edited by dadu : 20th August 2008 at 12:01.
Old 19th September 2008, 11:18   #45

Hi friends, my name is Vikram Sharma and i work in Aeroaids Corporation the company making 'Com-Paint Touch up Spray Paint'. I was just going through the forum and found out some things which i wanted to explain.

Please don't think that i am advertising the product of my company, but i have joined this forum to help you out with the problems of repairing car scratches that are very frequent in india, either deliberate, sheer out of jealousy or heavy traffic.

We first introduced our touch up spray paint way back in 1987 when Maruti was recently launched and a scratch on the car was just like a scratch on your heart. Even today a brand new car scratched just means the same.

The cost of getting it done through a workshop would create a big hole in your pocket and which is still true till date. Therefore, we introduced this product at a much more affordable price.

To be honest, Yes, our spray paint can never give an absolute showroom type Finish again once your car is scratched, but if you treat it as a repair work, IT WILL GIVE 95% satisfactory work which depends on how you do it.

contd.......

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th September 2008 at 03:10. Reason: Edited to be commercially neutral as per Team-BHP rules.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks