Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2020, 13:11   #286
BHPian

re: The Ceramic Coating Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 773.raviteja View Post
Folks, any recommended detailing shops in Hyderabad, that you folks vouch for Ceramic Coating or PPF work.

I am planning on getting these done on my upcoming vehicle (Octavia), and having doubts whether I should go for a full body PPF or Ceramic Coating or both based on the prices quoted by the detailing shops. I was planning on visiting 3M Car Care located in Madhapur. But would like to hear from learned folks from Team BHP about any precautions or warnings that I need to heed to, before I start negotiating with the shops.
Congratulations on your new Octavia. Did you get Ceramic coating done for your new car? Your experiences in Hyderabad Please.

I am also having Skoda Laura (2011) white. Got a lot of bumper scratches and also paint drops on top of my car. Planning to get Ceramic coating done.
What were the costs quoted by 3M, Ceramic Pro and others for your Octavia in Hyderabad?

Also, should I go for paint touch up before getting Ceramic coating.

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th January 2020, 19:03   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala.V View Post
Congratulations on your new Octavia. Did you get Ceramic coating done for your new car? Your experiences in Hyderabad Please.

I am also having Skoda Laura (2011) white. Got a lot of bumper scratches and also paint drops on top of my car. Planning to get Ceramic coating done.
What were the costs quoted by 3M, Ceramic Pro and others for your Octavia in Hyderabad?

Also, should I go for paint touch up before getting Ceramic coating.

Thanks in advance.
I have got the Paint protection coating done at 3M. It costed me Rs. 24K for a 1 year maintainance package, and also applied ppf to scratch prone areas like the bumpers, door edges, etc which costed me another 24K. The folks at 3M Madhapur, Mr Vijay and Mr. Rahil Khan and their team did a great job. I will recommend them for any detailing work for your car.

I did visit Ceramic Pro, and was quoted 70K for a 5 year package, but was not convinced about the spray ceramic coating that they are marketing, so went with 3M.
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:38   #288
BHPian

Got my X4 to undergo a detailing job with Feynlab Delhi and witnessed a major transformation to the car which was just 2 months old. The surface was so well done that the swirls and other marks simply vanished and the interiors much better than they looked at the time of delivery. They took 4 days to finish the job with mulitple processes undertaken and at the end of the day a completely satisfied owner. The Ceramic treatment brings out the cars appearance in a remarkable form which should be appreciated.Attaching some pics of the job done here which i thought is a must share. Personally think its worth the price and effort.
Attached Thumbnails
The Ceramic Coating Thread-2.jpg  

The Ceramic Coating Thread-3.jpg  

The Ceramic Coating Thread-4.jpg  

The Ceramic Coating Thread-5.jpg  

The Ceramic Coating Thread-6.jpg  

The Ceramic Coating Thread-7.jpg  

The Ceramic Coating Thread-8.jpg  

The Ceramic Coating Thread-9.jpg  

The Ceramic Coating Thread-10.jpg  

Deepu Sharma is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 19:05   #289
BHPian

Looks great!! How much did this cost you?
sridharps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 07:29   #290
BHPian

I am getting Seltos Intense Red this week. Was thinking of getting ceramic coating.
I’ve read the last 6-7 pages which have almost answered my queries but have a few doubts in mind -
1. My car is always parked in basements. 1-2 day exception in a month at max.(2-4 hrs max)
2. The car would be driven less than 600 kms as per current scenario.
3. The car would be cleaned daily and I cannot watch my car cleaner everyday if he’s using microfibre or not. I have supplied him with microfibre cloths for my other cars but I can’t trust his cleaning process as well.
4. I got my White Fluidic Verna detailed around 6 months ago which is parked in sun/basement 50-50 in office hours, at home basement parking. The car still has decent after detailing gloss.
5. Our 2 year old baleno still shines . Its Driven by my parents mostly and clocks 500 a month max.
That makes me thing once a year detailing / regular wax is also a good option?

Considering the above should I get ceramic coating ? If yes should I get it done immediately or I can try the wax route and wait a year and see as per need. Vitamin M is short right now.

The cost is 24k with 2.5 years guarantee and 3 services every year.

Last edited by k2max6 : 16th February 2020 at 07:31.
Old 22nd February 2020, 18:06   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
How much is the garware film per sq ft?
Its 600 per square feet.
Old 23rd February 2020, 16:31   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddylaw View Post
Its 600 per square feet.
Where did you get it done?
Old 23rd February 2020, 19:08   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Where did you get it done?
It was done at Thane, at sweet home basement.
Old 23rd February 2020, 20:47   #294
BHPian

So after going through most of this thread, I’m sure now that I need to do something. I have a 45 day old baby (a black BMW 320d luxury line) and being the proud owner of many black cars in the past I know how unforgiving black can be! Right after getting the car from the showroom (bird auto, Gurgaon) I scoured amazon for micro fibre cloths (amazon basics Mf has worked the best so far),stocked up on carnuba wax polish(megulair) purchased a new Bosch car wash machine with leftover amazon pay points (so much fun!, highly recommended) and so on. However whatever I do, I admit that the swirls are winning. Even though the car is driveway parked, religiously dusted with jopasu, car cleaning boy continually supervised with the fear of god put into him should he not two bucket it and fail to use jopasu beforehand on so on, I think I need to go for either ppf or ceramic.

Like a lot of other members on this thread I’ve always been a wax kinda guy but the allure of ppf or ceramic is too much.

So today went for a drive in Gurgaon and visited a couple of shops in the vicinity:
1. House of polish, Mg road: most expensive of the lot. Quoting approx 65k for 3 year ceramic package, ppf costing more than 1 lakh.
2. Detailing street, old Gurgaon road: most reasonable, 27k for three year ceramic, 65k for ppf but not self healing.
3. Detailing Devilz: Similar pricing, 35k for three year ceramic. Does not do ppf. However tried up selling a new product called voodoo which apparently is superior ceramic with self healing properties. Takes 6 days for proper curing in workshop however.

Option 1 seems way out of budget and not feeling the VFM factor even though it was the only shop amongst the three crammed with BMW’s and Mercs.

So far was most impressed with detailing Devilz. Workshop seemed professional, sales guy seemed knowledgeable (i think it was the owner or manager).

Any members gone though this recently with feedback or comments before I take my previous baby and leave her by herself for 2-3 days at the workshop?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd February 2020 at 21:36. Reason: Please use emoticons provided in forum text editor for a consistent user experience.
monkey_wrench is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 22:38   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddylaw View Post
It was done at Thane, at sweet home basement.
Hahaha that's pretty sweet! Do you have a contact for the vendor?
Old 23rd February 2020, 23:07   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
So after going through most of this thread, I'm sure now that I need to do something. I have a 45 day old baby (a black BMW 320d luxury line) and being the proud owner of many black cars in the past I know how unforgiving black can be! Right after getting the car from the showroom (bird auto, Gurgaon) I scoured amazon for micro fibre cloths (amazon basics Mf has worked the best so far),stocked up on carnuba wax polish(megulair) purchased a new Bosch car wash machine with leftover amazon pay points (so much fun!, highly recommended) and so on. However whatever I do, I admit that the swirls are winning. Even though the car is driveway parked, religiously dusted with jopasu, car cleaning boy continually supervised with the fear of god put into him should he not two bucket it and fail to use jopasu beforehand on so on, I think I need to go for either ppf or ceramic.

I would recommend paying a visit to 5C Car Care. The owner there is really really passionate about detailing and treats each car like it is meant to be. I got my Civic detailed from there and get it washed weekly from there itself.

I have been planning to do a thread on my experience there.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th February 2020 at 07:00. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
akhil994 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 23:37   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
I would recommend paying a visit to 5C Car Care. The owner there is really really passionate about detailing and treats each car like it is meant to be. I got my Civic detailed from there and get it washed weekly from there itself.

I have been planning to do a thread on my experience there.
Nice! What’s the owners name and what kind of ceramic package did you go in for?
Old 23rd February 2020, 23:45   #298
BHPian

Ceramic Coating - Is it really useful?

Quote:
Nice! What’s the owners name and what kind of ceramic package did you go in for?

The name of the owner is Anish. Quite a young guy, about 24-25, he has been detailing for about 7 years, professionally for 2 years or so.

I did not go for the ceramic coating. I got the paint correction done on my car, which I bought recently as well as got a Paint sealant.

I went to him after getting my hands burnt by Steam and Shine Gurgaon, who did such a pathetic job on my car, I had to shell out twice the amount to get it detailed. (They had the nerve to say that a wax and Paint sealant are one and the same thing)

Let me share some snaps of the job

Before (How the car was after the so called detailing from Steam and Shine )
The Ceramic Coating Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1582481487.675523.jpg

After
The Ceramic Coating Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1582481600.130015.jpg

Attachment 1972954

Attachment 1972955

The Ceramic Coating Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1582481631.726319.jpg

I do plan on getting the Ceramic Coating done soon as well from him. 90% of the effect one sees is dependent on the prep work before the Ceramic coating. I would say he is the best detailer you will find in Gurgaon. Say that from experience, having scoured all over for detailing services

You can pm me, if you need any further details

Last edited by akhil994 : 23rd February 2020 at 23:53.
akhil994 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 10:16   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post

I went to him after getting my hands burnt by Steam and Shine Gurgaon, who did such a pathetic job on my car, I had to shell out twice the amount to get it detailed. (They had the nerve to say that a wax and Paint sealant are one and the same thing)
Haha believe it or not steam and shine was going to my plan for today’s research. Most of the research I’ve done points at opti cost being a superior ceramic brand and they seem to be the only detailer in gurgaon doing that. Will take your advice and avoid them.
Old 24th February 2020, 10:44   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Haha believe it or not steam and shine was going to my plan for today’s research. Most of the research I’ve done points at opti cost being a superior ceramic brand and they seem to be the only detailer in gurgaon doing that. Will take your advice and avoid them.
Not just that, they left sanding marks and swirl marks all over my car. (they sanded my whole car). Kept my car for two full days, the owner was hardly present, since they were more into detailing a helicopter at that time. I took delivery of the car without the presence of the owner.

After I pointed out the next day that there are swirl marks (I checked in my basement using flashlight) , the owner casually remarked that swirl marks come back (within a day!!! Imagine).

This is for their platinum package , which cost me 10k. After this session of detailing, 5C Car Care guys still had to do 2-step process, compounding and polishing, due to the mess of sanding and swirl marks that were left on my car. They (Steam n Shine) did ask me to come in for application of paint sealant, but I had absolutely no confidence in them to let them anywhere near my car.

I spent the same amount on paint correction and detailing as I would have on ceramic coating, just because I had to get it done twice.
Well, you learn lessons in life everyday...

There was another BHPian's Safari being detailed this Saturday at 5C, didn't manage to meet the owner, but that car was adorned with T-BHP stickers
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks