Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2007, 22:18   #91
BHPian

You guys should also consider Pipercross! I am gettin the cold air intake kit for my swift! its got a unique "bendable" tube thats gonna be attached to a workin hood scoop! i think it would definitely give better performance than the regular replacement or conical k&n's.

Cheers
Abix
Old 18th February 2007, 13:33   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abix View Post
You guys should also consider Pipercross! I am gettin the cold air intake kit for my swift! its got a unique "bendable" tube thats gonna be attached to a workin hood scoop! i think it would definitely give better performance than the regular replacement or conical k&n's.

Cheers
Abix
Can you post pic's of the same? How much it costs?

Also please clarify me whether installation of Conical filters result in increase of engine sound?
Old 18th February 2007, 13:38   #93
Senior - BHPian

Won't hood scoops allow water inside in rainy conditions?? Some people put the filter all the way down near the bumper and have same probs. If the car ain't ur daily ride then nothing to worry about.
Old 18th February 2007, 19:55   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Won't hood scoops allow water inside in rainy conditions?? Some people put the filter all the way down near the bumper and have same probs. If the car ain't ur daily ride then nothing to worry about.
We took that into consideration, the angle at which the scoop is made wont allow water to travel in! The pics are gonna be posted soon! the car is still in the makin!

Cheers
Abix
Old 13th March 2007, 22:28   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post

I have installed Ractive conical filter in my Swift. Got the piping done through viper. I could feel the difference, but not to remarkable extent. Waiting for a drive in friends swift without filters, so that I could feel the difference of CF.
I got back to my car after driving my friends stock swift for a week's time. I was very much happy with the performance difference that was showed by my car. Great Stuff.

Installation of conical filters does make a huge difference in peformance. Seems to deliver marginal better FE figures.
Old 13th March 2007, 22:49   #96
Senior - BHPian

The engine does get a bit noiser at idle, but thats ok when u get the awesome sound when u redline it.

PS - No one has still mentioned the BEST position for the filter in the Swift.
Old 29th March 2007, 11:42   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
The engine does get a bit noiser at idle, but thats ok when u get the awesome sound when u redline it.

PS - No one has still mentioned the BEST position for the filter in the Swift.
Every morning I need to take the car reverse & push the steering to full right or left based on the direction I need to take the car out of the compound.

Once I turn the steering to the straight position, the RPM shoots upto 2200 with loud noise. It settles down between 900-1100 after 20-30 seconds. Is it normal?

PS:

I have installed ractive conical filter & I face this only after the installation of the same.

This shoot in RPM happens at only cold starts when the steering is cut to the exterme
Old 29th March 2007, 20:40   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Once I turn the steering to the straight position, the RPM shoots upto 2200 with loud noise. It settles down between 900-1100 after 20-30 seconds. Is it normal?

PS:

I have installed ractive conical filter & I face this only after the installation of the same.

This shoot in RPM happens at only cold starts when the steering is cut to the exterme
This phenomenon is very normal and I face it in my MPFI esteem too which is completely stock. I do not have complete information on this one but the increase in RPM is due to the power steering. Maybe, the experts can throw more light on this one. But you can rest assured that it is definitely not due to the new filter installed.

Last edited by rr_zen : 29th March 2007 at 20:41.
Old 30th March 2007, 18:48   #99
Senior - BHPian

This can happen due to the filter also. I have noticed it after installation og KnN in another vehicle(not a Swift) the RPM shoots to 2000RPM on start and settles to 900RPM
Old 30th March 2007, 18:57   #100
Senior - BHPian

Sorry this is off topic..

can someone help me with the exact OE air filter dimensions of the Alto 3 cylinder or the K&N part number for the stock replacement filter?
Old 30th March 2007, 19:08   #101
Team-BHP Support

use this link K&N car, truck, SUV, motorcycle, atv, personal watercraft, etc. application search

do these match?

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...px?Prod=E-2570

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2242
Old 30th March 2007, 19:33   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Sorry this is off topic..
can someone help me with the exact OE air filter dimensions of the Alto 3 cylinder or the K&N part number for the stock replacement filter?
I think I got it. Its 33-2826. But the part number belongs to WagonR. Can someone confirm whether Alto and WagonR has the same filter size?
Old 30th March 2007, 19:37   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
This can happen due to the filter also. I have noticed it after installation og KnN in another vehicle(not a Swift) the RPM shoots to 2000RPM on start and settles to 900RPM
Does it have any negative impact? If not, I dont mind it
Old 30th March 2007, 20:01   #104
Senior - BHPian

I heard u should not use metal (iron) pipes for the filter cuz it'll rust. Is it true?? Just in case u use it, cant u just paint it?
Old 30th March 2007, 20:48   #105
Team-BHP Support

rust going in with air is asking for trouble in an engine, you can paint but what about inards? how do you know its not rusting?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks