Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2006, 17:49   #61
BHPian

[quote=speedonline]Hey guys,

I have been reading about the K&N air filter and would like to know a little more about the FE improvment figures and also if there are any dealers in delhi who would be able to supply the filter.

P.S. currently i am looking at the stock option.[/QUOTE
Fe improvement totally depends on ur driving pattern,,,,
you can contact NIVIT BHASIN ( bhasin service station near siddhartha hotel)
Cheers
Wadhwa Ajay
Old 1st September 2006, 18:04   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

top speed = just 140,did u try to push the car,its touches 170 on speedo with ease.did you get a replacement airfilter and at what cost?
Old 2nd September 2006, 03:51   #63

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedonline
Hey guys,

I have been reading about the K&N air filter and would like to know a little more about the FE improvment figures and also if there are any dealers in delhi who would be able to supply the filter.

P.S. currently i am looking at the stock option.
if your driving style remains the same as with the stock filter,there will be a gain in fe with the stock replacement filter.you can contact autopsyche in delhi or performance auto in noida.
found hyperformance motorsports a little expensive compared to the other dealers.
Old 2nd September 2006, 06:43   #64
BHPian

I have added K & N Srock Replacement filter for my SWIFT, which costed me 4.6 K at Chennai (Methods). certainly I am experiencing a power gain, but not much improvement in FE.
Old 20th September 2006, 12:57   #65
BHPian

will K&N effect the FE?

I want to know if the K&N performance filter for my esteem 2004 vxi reduce the FE. What performance improvement can I expect in terms of percentage. What is the actual difference between performance filter and the free flow?

Any good place you can suggest me in Bangalore for this, where even if it is expensive they do a good work.

I am sorry if you feel that I am asking something which is already discussed in the previous threads. I checked all of them for the above points, I did not get proper specific answers for them.

I will be glad if some of you get the answers which is more specific.

Last edited by willy : 20th September 2006 at 12:59.
Old 20th September 2006, 20:45   #66
BANNED

Search is the best option for you. There're plenty of threads discussing this subject.
Old 20th September 2006, 21:24   #67
Team-BHP Support

Note from support team: Thread merged.
Old 20th September 2006, 21:33   #68
BANNED

Thanks Rudra Sir. That helped a lot.
Old 20th September 2006, 22:58   #69
BHPian

i guess installing k&n filters will make the maruti warranty void.

am it right?
Old 22nd September 2006, 01:55   #70
BHPian

120 in 2nd? Dude, I think the guy who fitted your filter also took a little time to fiddle with your speedo.

Explanation: The engine hits the rev limiter in second, at around 6500 rpm. The engine is connected to the wheels via a fixed gear ratio. Even if the power is bumped up by the new filter the 2nd gear top speed wont change. It might get to that speed quicker, and the overall top speed of the car (in 4th) will be greater cuz a stock swift doesnt have enough power to hit the rev limiter in 4th due to too much aero drag etc.
Old 22nd September 2006, 14:07   #71
BHPian

Hi guys,

I got the K&N Stock filter (Rs. 4000) replace the stock filter on my Swift, I see improved performance in the low end slow moving traffic, now I no longer need to change to first as before, I did manage to reach 105 on the 2nd gear faster than I could do with my stock filter, and I find my car pretty quick in the third gear as well when overtaking. There has been a notable difference in performance. Mileage I need another week's time to get the right figures. Before the filter I got 11.5 kmpl within the city and 17kmpl on the highway. I'd suggest go for the K&N stock replacement filter for ur Swift's
Old 22nd September 2006, 16:18   #72
Senior - BHPian

[SIZE=2]I agree with theEnd. I have a swift zxi with a k&n and an SS intake pipe. My vehicle also does only about 55-60 in first & between 90-95 in second when the rev limiter kicks in. I wish I could get the rev limiter shifted to about 8000 rpm.[/SIZE]
Old 23rd September 2006, 23:07   #73
BHPian

hey guyss....i just found about availability of kn air filters...the stock one for swift is around 4500 and the performance one is around 8500.....the guy told me tat putting the stock one will increase the mileage min by 2-3 km/l....
Old 23rd September 2006, 23:49   #74
BHPian

Deven... if u are looking for the K&N please forget about any kinda mileage increases! thats neva gona happen. be thankful that without any mileage loss, u will get more pickup in the car.

Chances of mileage going up is very very rare! lets be practical mate, and then u will enjoy the extra omph it can offer u.
Old 24th September 2006, 23:42   #75

HI guys i am buying a new swift ZXI its dew this dasera ... i jus wanted to know that when is right time to fit a K&N in my car and where would i get a best deal in mumbai..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks