Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2006, 12:49   #1
vidvai

Ever thought of this...?!

I was wondering if a Contessa (HM) can be converted to something like a shelby...very unconventional yet awesomely sexxy. BUt the main criteria is money, willin to spend abt 50k.
Hve checked out carsalesindia.com and came up with this (http://www.carsalesindia.com/viewadvert.jsp?adid=326)
(http://www.carsalesindia.com/viewadv...ellerinfo=true)
I would for starters want to change the look of the car by basically installing some wide-alloys, paint job and get some minor changes to the head lights etc. Maybe some air-filters and exhaust kits.
Pls tell me ur opinion,
Remember money is the main criteria.

Old 15th August 2006, 13:24   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Vidvai

You have touched a childhood dream of mine : And thats to customise a Contessa. It always had the image of a super-fast muscle car. Some modifications to the stock engine, minimalist body (remove huge bumpers etc.), appropriate rubber and a great paint job! I have seen Dilip Desais Contessa (tuner / rallyist from Pune) and that was the closest to this dream. He was apparently running close to 130 - 140 bhp and was a M-A-D driver.

Sadly, the Contessa has been relogated to history. The game has moved on for performance.
Old 15th August 2006, 13:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

you would want to follow the link here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...scle-cars.html

GTO, I disagree when you say that the game has moved on. The charger and challenger are coming back. Just MAybee......................

Last edited by devarshi84 : 15th August 2006 at 13:29.
Old 15th August 2006, 22:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
He was apparently running close to 130 - 140 bhp and was a M-A-D driver.
I know someone else like that. Infact, he spells M-A-D with a P.
Old 17th August 2006, 00:20   #5
vidvai

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
I know someone else like that. Infact, he spells M-A-D with a P.
how did he get the 130-140 hp?????
pls do tell....

also, do u think a new engine is required or is the original stock sufficient? also whats the mileage that one can aim to achieve....

Old 17th August 2006, 02:17   #6
Team-BHP Support

i had similar ideas for a standard 2000 till a few years back. does anyonehave tech specs of the standard.
seeing a well kept original standard 2000 makes my day

manson.
Old 17th August 2006, 02:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

It's a horrid car. The chassis has all the rigidity of a plastic scale. And the Indian versions came with some sub 100 bhp engine. There was a nice Rover aluminium V8, handed down from Buick, if I remember, that put out about 150 bhp and 30 kgm. But India got some crappy 2 litre engine fit for not even a Matador.
Old 17th August 2006, 05:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index....ndard2000f.htm

BTW: A topic on such Indian muscle cars is already on here too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...scle-cars.html
Old 17th August 2006, 11:07   #9
Awaiting Email Confirmation

this is one of those thingz that has been playing in my head since two years...taking the conti and dumping in a northstar V8..man its gonna take effort but once done..you'll have to catch me riding dirty.
Old 17th August 2006, 12:44   #10
BHPian

For some years nows, I have been dreaming of plonking in a Chevy 305 in to our good old contessa!! but looking at the costs onvloved in buying a crate engine with decent milage/new, sourcing parts + custom duties put me off!! This would require a new transmission to be sourced from US too. This whole proj would cost upwards of $6000 ..Toomuch of a hastle!
Old 17th August 2006, 13:11   #11
BANNED

I guess doing a conti will be especially expensive because we're all automatically looking at large displacement engines, which will attract much higher duties.

My first car was a Conti. Had always wanted to soup it up with a V8. Would be great to see someone actually do it!
Old 20th August 2006, 23:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
My first car was a Conti. Had always wanted to soup it up with a V8. Would be great to see someone actually do it!
Now a V8 engine is there in my wish list
Old 21st August 2006, 01:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

Seal off the rear doors and make it a coupe, add a rollcage, and drop a 423 Hemi. Alter the front and make it slightly more square-ish, add mesh grill, with Xenon lamps and roll-on covers. Body should be in dark, sparkling silver. Coilovers, Brembos and custom steering with Sparco seats and aluminium shifter. A small angular hood scoop. No graphics whatsoever. 14" wired alloys running fat radials. Leather dash with custom Greddy and Autometer gauges. A 30 lbs silver tank hidden in the trunk, supplying laughing gas to a wet direct multi-port step-up system with altering boosts upto 120-shot. A top whack of 160 Mph, 0-100 in below 6, and 1/4 mile about 12..

Total costs; 12,000 U.S $+.

This's my dream. My vision. One day, when I have enough money and time...
Old 21st August 2006, 09:27   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Contessa from NCG, Bby

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
Alter the front and make it slightly more square-ish, add mesh grill,
OT - Had seen a few Contessa's in Mumbai, that looked better than the stock ones. They used to have a dealer sticky on the back side saying "National Car Garage". I think NCG was a HM dealer there .. any of you guys in BBY spotted one of these ?
Old 21st August 2006, 15:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
Seal off the rear doors and make it a coupe, add a rollcage, and drop a 423 Hemi. Alter the front and make it slightly more square-ish, add mesh grill, with Xenon lamps and roll-on covers. Body should be in dark, sparkling silver. Coilovers, Brembos and custom steering with Sparco seats and aluminium shifter. A small angular hood scoop. No graphics whatsoever. 14" wired alloys running fat radials. Leather dash with custom Greddy and Autometer gauges. A 30 lbs silver tank hidden in the trunk, supplying laughing gas to a wet direct multi-port step-up system with altering boosts upto 120-shot. A top whack of 160 Mph, 0-100 in below 6, and 1/4 mile about 12..

Total costs; 12,000 U.S $+.

This's my dream. My vision. One day, when I have enough money and time...

Total cost 12,000US$ plus........ drool dool drool that's all it's possible for me to do now...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks