Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2020, 09:46   #676
BHPian

re: The reversing camera & parking sensor thread

Hello everyone,
I need help in deciding a reverse parking camera and in its installation on my Tata Harrier. I have selected 70mai 9.35" rearview mirror dash cam with reverse parking function. It serves both the purpose of a reverse camera and a dash camera. Wide-screen is welcome, there are many reviews available online but could not find a long term review.
Link to the product.
My queries are:-
1. If anyone has used it could provide me with real-life feedback.

2. Installing a rear parking camera requires tapping a cable in a revers lamp socket. Tata showroom people have mentioned that doing so will void the warranty of the car. Is that the case with installing a third-party reverse camera?

3. If the answer to query number 2 is yes, then I will install it as a passive device with revers view on will though buttons provided on the display mirror. Will screwing a camera on the tailgate will void my warranty?

Sorry for asking such trivial questions. I have been a victim of major warranty claims. Had I not had the warranty intact, I would have to pay a lot of money from my pocket.
Old 11th November 2020, 12:10   #677
BHPian

Apologies for reverting late on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
It's great that you got a mounting bracket in the package. Can you please share some pictures of where & how you've fixed the camera?
Here are the pics:

The display mounted on the left hand side of the Dashboard with 3M double sided tape. The pic also shows the rear view. The display can be adjusted vertically but the screw tends to get loose. So, I put a plastic stopper for that.

The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-display.jpg

The camera fitted into the bumper. The installer pointed out the slot in bumper for camera. Excuse me for the dust on the bumper.

The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-rearviewcamera.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Also it seems that only a handful of sellers on Amazon are providing a separate mounting bracket. Which seller did you get your shipment from?
The seller is Sunrise Next Door.
manchandap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 06:10   #678
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Dear all,

I am in need of some assistance regarding the purchase of the all new Thar.
The same is sold without a reversing camera and the OE accessory is nothing to write home about.

Could you suggest a quality reversing camera? Presently I'm in the US and can order the same online.

Thanks in advance!
Old 2nd April 2021, 15:24   #679
BHPian

Hello, two of my four reverse sensors have gone bad, any recommendations to pick up new sensors online.

Thanks.
Old 4th April 2021, 17:11   #680
Senior - BHPian

So I had recently installed a Sony XAV 5500 in my 2008 Honda City ZX Gxi. I had bought a reverse camera which I had not installed as I did not have wire of required length.
The camera is a bumper model - Adeptt AD RevCam for Honda city bought from Flipkart. https://www.flipkart.com/adeptt-ad-r...FRZHV74R26LNH2

Today, I finally had time to buy the additional wire required and have installed it. I've attached the Camera power wire to the ACC rather than the reverse light so that I can use the rear camera icon in my Home Screen. The Video RCA wire has a trigger wire which connects to the rear light and to the stereo which activates the camera on the screen on engaging reverse gear.

All things are working well, except that the reverse camera has 8 LED lights which are on all the time as they are connected to the ACC. Is there anyway only the lights can be switched off without disconnecting the camera?

please advise.
Old 5th May 2021, 19:58   #681
Senior - BHPian

One issue with the bumper camera that I have installed is that it gives a very zoomed in picture. In the images below, The stone which is in the edge of the camera view is actually 5 feet behind. Is there any adjustment or is it a fault of the camera?

The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-img_0278.jpg

The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-4d63f337d3cb4cc885601fb15807e5ec.jpeg
Old 5th May 2021, 20:26   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I've attached the Camera power wire to the ACC rather than the reverse light so that I can use the rear camera icon in my Home Screen. The Video RCA wire has a trigger wire which connects to the rear light and to the stereo which activates the camera on the screen on engaging reverse gear.

All things are working well, except that the reverse camera has 8 LED lights which are on all the time as they are connected to the ACC. Is there anyway only the lights can be switched off without disconnecting the camera?
Usually the Camera is connected to the reverse light supply wire. So every time you engage the reverse gear, the camera is activated. In my case, I used the parking light supply wire through a steering diode (IN4007) in series to the camera wire. You need another diode also at the reverse light. This way you can activate the camera - either by engaging the reverse gear or by switching on the parking light. I can view the back side even when running ahead if I turn on the parking lights.
Prowler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 22:11   #683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So I had recently installed a Sony XAV 5500 in my 2008 Honda City

please advise.
You cannot do that since the ACC wire on the HU is powered on with ignition and starts supplying power to camera. This is the flip side of using the HU on demand camera option. I suggest you leave it as it is. The led will eventually burn out due to continuous power on state

Quote:
One issue with the bumper camera that I have installed is that it gives a very zoomed in picture. In the images below, The stone which is in the edge of the camera view is actually 5 feet behind. Is there any adjustment or is it a fault of the camera?
The quality is camera is bad. Get a good quality reverse camera. Blaupunkt DH02 is very good. It's got nice wide angle and good night vision as well. I am using it on my car. Get this and you will thank me later. It's well worth the premium price. All others are generic Chinese rebranded ones. I wasted my money on three of these Chinese products before I bought the Blaupunkt one. I will go further and say that this is the best aftermarket reverse camera you can get in India as of today

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0822TNKH1/...8WJERSG7C9P54K

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 5th May 2021 at 22:16.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 01:12   #684
Senior - BHPian

Im planning to get the blaupunkt dh05. Is anyone using that?
Old 6th May 2021, 19:32   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Usually the Camera is connected to the reverse light supply wire.
I have connected the Camera to the head unit and to the reverse light. So I can view rear whenever I want, provided ACC is on, And automatically when engaging reverse gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Blaupunkt DH02 is very good.
The LEDs had burned out completely or so I thought, Now last 2 days 3 of the LEDs are working again. Camera quality was good before the LEDs conked off.
Is the wiring for the Blaupunkt same as the Chinese ones? (Or Adeptt - https://www.flipkart.com/adeptt-ad-r...FRZHV74R26LNH2 - Indian I think) There were 2 wires one red female for power and yellow RCA for video and reverse trigger. Since I installed it DIY, I am hoping I don't have to open up all the panels again.
Old 6th May 2021, 19:38   #686
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The LEDs had burned out completely or so I thought, Now last 2 days 3 of the LEDs are working again. Camera quality was good before the LEDs conked off.
Is the wiring for the Blaupunkt same as the Chinese ones? (Or Adeptt - https://www.flipkart.com/adeptt-ad-r...FRZHV74R26LNH2 - Indian I think) There were 2 wires one red female for power and yellow RCA for video and reverse trigger. Since I installed it DIY, I am hoping I don't have to open up all the panels again.
Yes, the wiring is the same as the other cameras. So you need to just replace the camera in the bumper and connect it to the existing harness.

From my experience, all these rebranded sub 1000 rupees chinese camera are crap. None of these are true wide angle.

myTVS rear camera are good. One of the better quality rebranded chinese ones. Even the Blaupunkt one is made in China. Quality is better and is a true wide angle. Covers almost the whole rear bumper width
Old 6th May 2021, 19:51   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Covers almost the whole rear bumper width
My problem is that when object is closer than the red grid line, there is still 5 feet space. In a number plate camera in another car, similar view there is about 6 inches space. I hope this Zooming effect will not be there in the Balupunkt.
Also please confirm that the yellow RCA connector is compatible with the connector with 2 red wires once connected to the rear light and another in the stereo. This acts as a trigger when reverse is engaged.
Old 6th May 2021, 20:07   #688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My problem is that when object is closer than the red grid line, there is still 5 feet space. In a number plate camera in another car, similar view there is about 6 inches space. I hope this Zooming effect will not be there in the Balupunkt.
Also please confirm that the yellow RCA connector is compatible with the connector with 2 red wires once connected to the rear light and another in the stereo. This acts as a trigger when reverse is engaged.
No zooming effect on the Blaupunkt. It is like a fisheye lens

Yes, your connection works with this camera as well
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 23:27   #689
Senior - BHPian

Are the dynamic lines supposed to move with the steering or with the cars movement? I installed a blaupunkt dh05 and the lines dont move when I turn the steering when stationary, they move when I reverse and turn at a certain speed. Below that certain speed they don't seem to move. Is this normal?
Old 6th July 2021, 10:19   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Are the dynamic lines supposed to move with the steering or with the cars movement? I installed a blaupunkt dh05 and the lines dont move when I turn the steering when stationary, they move when I reverse and turn at a certain speed. Below that certain speed they don't seem to move. Is this normal?
DH05 has sensor based dynamic guide lines. There is no connection to the ECU or steering. It senses the direction of movement and shows the lines. Do post a review.

Also a different subject, how can the bumper camera be removed? Can the retaining clips be removed without removing the bumper.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks