Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 18:50   #331

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post
Yes there is a problem with the display when clipped on rear view mirror. It shakes constantly while driving so you cannot make the best use of it as a rear view mirror from its dark glass.

Keeping this in view I had got a dedicated switch for the camera to show the rear view even while driving ahead. So this way I can see rear far better than a mirror and also can switch it off when required. I felt investing for a branded quality camera should not just work when I am on reverse gear that lasts for few minutes or seconds.
Hey gotovamsee, so you have a dedicated LCD display mount on dashboard rather than clip on stock RVM? Even I am planning to go for RD, but as per the suggestion from fellow Bhpian will go for dedicated display.
Old 24th November 2009, 18:59   #332
Team-BHP Support

Was using a Jetta over the weekend with this contraption installed, while the cam was useful in giving the view, the sensors were a pain! beeping away to glory and irritating me with those stupid .x meter stuff from the RVM!

I feel i would park better without these contraptions! Maybe its just me.
Old 24th November 2009, 19:08   #333
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivprasad View Post
This question is also addressed to trrk and Ponmayilal. Thank you
A bit late, sorry!

Mine is from Rajatdeep Overseas Pvt Ltd. The sensor only syetem was fitted as a free accessory in my City. I got that shifted to my Marina and have sensor + camera in the City. Two years and the only problem is that a hint of moisture and my left front one beeps occasionally. Have not bothered to rectify it, though!
Old 24th November 2009, 19:35   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
A bit late, sorry!
Mine is from Rajatdeep Overseas Pvt Ltd. The sensor only syetem was fitted as a free accessory in my City. I got that shifted to my Marina and have sensor + camera in the City. Two years and the only problem is that a hint of moisture and my left front one beeps occasionally. Have not bothered to rectify it, though!
Thanks trrk. I guess your cam was also from Rajatdeep.
Old 24th November 2009, 19:48   #335
BHPian

I have a Cedia with touchscreen which also has a setting for rear view. Can I just get the camera? How much is this likely to cost?
Old 24th November 2009, 19:57   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
I have a Cedia with touchscreen which also has a setting for rear view. Can I just get the camera? How much is this likely to cost?

In Bangalore, I'm told you can get one for approx Rs 3000. The brand is Red Soul.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:03   #337
knp
BHPian

^ you can get the camera only from RD people for around 2.3k, which has have night vision, water proof and 120 deg viewing angle.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:42   #338
Senior - BHPian

small query

A small query related to reverse parking sensor.

The 4 sensors we see on back of a car are transceiver or are they 2 ultrasonic transmitter and 2 ultrasonic receiver placed alternatively?

Last edited by recshenoy : 25th November 2009 at 10:45.
Old 25th November 2009, 11:37   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
^ you can get the camera only from RD people for around 2.3k, which has have night vision, water proof and 120 deg viewing angle.
Where can I get this in Bangalore? Do they have their own showroom?
Old 25th November 2009, 12:16   #340
BHPian

I had a query on the installtion of Reverse parking sensors. Drilling the bumper to fit the sensors is a requirement to fit the reverse parking system on the rear right but wouldn't that void warranty and also are any wires needed to be cut for the installation of Reverse parking system
Old 25th November 2009, 15:35   #341
BANNED

where can I get Reverse parking sensors with camera in Hyderabad - what brand and prices. RD seems to have a showroom in Secunderabad. Any other recomendations/models?
Am looking for my Manza.

Thanks,
Vijay
Old 25th November 2009, 17:18   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
Thanks
Thanks also to CBlazer. Let me try and find out cost of a rear view cam in Hyd.
Old 25th November 2009, 19:53   #343
knp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Where can I get this in Bangalore? Do they have their own showroom?
yeah, they have a agency at JC road and you can talk to Mr. Asgar Pasha at RD Bangalore on +91 9342115761

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th November 2009 at 23:15. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, do not use external font editors. Please preview the post before submitting. Thanks
Old 26th November 2009, 01:07   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
A small query related to reverse parking sensor.

The 4 sensors we see on back of a car are transceiver or are they 2 ultrasonic transmitter and 2 ultrasonic receiver placed alternatively?
I guess each unit is a combination of transmitter and receiver.
Old 30th November 2009, 13:09   #345
BHPian

Stick On Sensors Without Drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
I had a query on the installtion of Reverse parking sensors. Drilling the bumper to fit the sensors is a requirement to fit the reverse parking system on the rear right but wouldn't that void warranty and also are any wires needed to be cut for the installation of Reverse parking system
@ Safin...while I dont think that drilling holes in bumper voids warranty on your car. Also, as long as original wiring harness of the vehicle is not tampered with, it is OK. Double check from the *** anyways. However, you can try out stickon sensors from RD which do not require drilling holes on bumper. 2 sensors are stuck on Number Plate with a 3M adhesive (though holes are drilled into number plater for passage of wires but the sensor eyes are actually pasted). You can check out model no.995 at Automobile Accessories, Car Accessories India, RD, RD brand car accessories, Nano Car, Maruti Car, Mahindra Car, Honda Car, GM Car, Alto Car, Skoda Car, Tata Car, Hyundai Car, Toyota, Reverse Parking Sensors, Power Windows, Auto Window Closers, Car C

Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks