Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 20:54   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

The system is from RD. That would be Rajat Deep Overseas Pvt Ltd. Though not specifically mentioned, the manual says that distance less than 0.3 metres is not displayed. So I assume a minimum of 0.3 metres.
Mates

I got the RD reverse parking sensors installed on my FIAT Linea. Model number T995. Comes with 4 parking sensors and a clipon mirror (which shows your the distance in meters display when in reverse gear). It got it installed from A-One Motors TATA/FIAT Dealership in delhi and it costed me 4200 Rs Best buy price is 3600/- at a local accessory shop. System work good and shows you upto a minimum distance of 0.3 meters. A must for sedans or SUVs

I am uploading some pics for your view. one shows the packed OVRM and other one shows the sensors installed on the Bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-img_6202.jpg  

The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-img_6409_copy.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2009, 10:36   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
You can go for the reverse cam with external display. This display can act as entertainment system when connected to a DVD player when reverse is not in use.
any idea how much this gadget costs?
Old 2nd August 2009, 15:45   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
I had got a Night vision camera for Rs 2000 for my JVC AVX33. Only issue i have is the system needs to be turned on for the screen to work. I generally prefer to switch off the system a min before parking but i need wait else no camera.
Can you please post a picture of the display of how it look when using night vision?
Old 3rd August 2009, 15:24   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueRider View Post
any idea how much this gadget costs?
The camera starts around 2000/- and the clip on LCD screen starts at 3500/-. A decent setup will cost somewhere around 7000/-.

You should go for this setup only if you are confident that you wont get distracted with a movie running right in front when you are driving. Hazards are obvious. I am using a similar setup and I must tell you that some times you happen to get involved in the movie when you are cruising and are relaxed.
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:15   #275
BHPian

Great Car-Great Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post
Mates

I got the RD reverse parking sensors installed on my FIAT Linea. Model number T995. Comes with 4 parking sensors and a clipon mirror (which shows your the distance in meters display when in reverse gear). It got it installed from A-One Motors TATA/FIAT Dealership in delhi and it costed me 4200 Rs Best buy price is 3600/- at a local accessory shop. System work good and shows you upto a minimum distance of 0.3 meters. A must for sedans or SUVs

I am uploading some pics for your view. one shows the packed OVRM and other one shows the sensors installed on the Bumper.
pretty car and equally pretty location mate. Parking sensors beautifully camouflaged with bumper colour (White I guess). Just like one sees in Audi, BMW. My accessorywalla told me only RD provides pre-painted body colour bumper in 4 colours-White, Black, Silver and Golden...

btw, where exactly have you clicked these pics?
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:21   #276
BHPian

Cant agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
The camera starts around 2000/- and the clip on LCD screen starts at 3500/-. A decent setup will cost somewhere around 7000/-.

You should go for this setup only if you are confident that you wont get distracted with a movie running right in front when you are driving. Hazards are obvious. I am using a similar setup and I must tell you that some times you happen to get involved in the movie when you are cruising and are relaxed.
I totally agree. It is very risky to pair RVM mount LCD with in car VCD/DVD player. Only use the AV input for connecting with a reverse camera. You can always get a Flip Down roof mounted LCD or Headrest inscribed LCD for ICE. Its meant for the co-passengers, not for the driver. At the most you can get yourself a Dashboard mount LCD with a swivel so that it does not face you when you are driving. Obviously, you can use it when the vehicle is stationary.
Old 4th August 2009, 16:33   #277
BHPian

Whew! Finally managed to read all the posts in this thread. I too am planning to buy a set of parking sensors and/or rear view camera.
Based on the various posts, some of the companies I see are:
RedSoul
Xenos
Allview
Tropicool
Rajatdeep

More members seem to have opted for RedSoul and RajatDeep.

The price range for just 4 sensors seems to be Rs 1500 onwards
The price range for just camera seems to be Rs. 3000 onwards plus 3000 or so for display unit.

My questions are:
Sensors or Camera or Both?
Should I get it installed from the dealer? (I am just purchasing a car). I am sure they will charge more than an accessories dealer but I am wondering if there are any benefits such as non voiding of car warranty etc.
Old 4th August 2009, 18:29   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Whew! Finally managed to read all the posts in this thread. I too am planning to buy a set of parking sensors and/or rear view camera.
RedSoul
Xenos
Allview
Tropicool
Rajatdeep

The price range for just camera seems to be Rs. 3000 onwards plus 3000 or so for display unit.

My questions are:
Should I get it installed from the dealer? (I am just purchasing a car). I am sure they will charge more than an accessories dealer but I am wondering if there are any benefits such as non voiding of car warranty etc.
Which car are you getting by the way? I will suggest to keep away from the dealer for the premium you have to pay to get the accessories from their place. Also you don't get the options available outside. Just make sure that you get the parts from a reputed accessory shop and they dont cut any wires to fit new electrical accessories (Stripping of wires is fine). Also, insist on insulating all the connections properly. I own an Accent and I prefer to have both rear view camera and parking sensors, though I have managed perfectly blemish-less till date without the sensors. But they do help a lot in tight parking situations.
Old 4th August 2009, 19:48   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
RedSoul
Xenos
Allview
Tropicool
Rajatdeep

My questions are:
@ Shreeps, please find below answers to both your questions:

1) Sensors or Camera is more of a personal decision. I mean, if you are more of a "seeing guy" vis-a-vis a"hearing guy", do for a camera. Otherwise, sensors should just be fine.

2) Dealer/open market. I have a better idea. Visit the website of these companies and search out for a distributor contact number. Insist on installation by company technician. Your issue will be sorted.

As for choosing among the brands, I guess red soul is a south (Bangalore) based regional brand. I am afraid that All View and Tropicool are localites as well. Only RD and Xenos seem to be national players. Choose among them as to which brand has got a better product proposition.

All the best
Old 5th August 2009, 12:29   #280
BHPian

Thanks MrinalSinha and Pratikool for your helpful advice.
The sensors/camera is for a new Ritz that is actually for my dad so I am just helping him out by getting advice from the gurus :-)
I will get in touch with RD and Xenos and see what they say.
Old 5th August 2009, 14:08   #281
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Can you please post a picture of the display of how it look when using night vision?
The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-image_218.jpg

I can try more if you want more.
Old 5th August 2009, 16:16   #282
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the picture.
which brand/model IR CCD camera is recommended?
Old 5th August 2009, 17:29   #283
BHPian

For Ritz, parking sensors will do fine. You dont need to have a camera. I will post my pictures tonight.
Old 5th August 2009, 17:53   #284
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I was not happy as it was quite late after your request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Thanks for the picture.
which brand/model IR CCD camera is recommended?
This is the only camera that I have used. This is from RD.

I really can't say anything about any other brands. Check out things available easily and can be attended to if needed!

Mine has basic bluetooth built in. It is a pain as by default it comes on and the screen won't go until it is connected (quicker) or until it says no connection. Invariably my bluetooth in the mobile will be off.
Old 8th August 2009, 20:47   #285
vsh
BHPian

reverse horn

hi
i have swift dzire vdi. i bought a reverse horn locally. it worked for around 15 days and then stopped working. then i got a new one from Maruti showroom. Just after 20 days it also stopped working. so what to do? do you suggest any special brand of horn or is there any other problem?

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th August 2009 at 00:44. Reason: Please use search before opening a new thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks