Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 17:10   #136
BHPian

RED SOUL Parking Sensors - Hyd

Just contacted Mr Srinivas on 09246802802 . He is the contact and sales person as per Bangalore head office for Hyderabad.

Mr Srinivas was willing to come home , show the catalog and also complete the installation of their products.

More feedback after his visit .

I've chosen Red Soul purely for 2 reasons:
1)
They've got a set-up in UK - with personal experience of the cheapest of cheap products in that country(9 yrs of traveling and being a student b4 that),i can still say there is a certain level of quality standard that is maintained.If they are able to sell in a country where money back guarantees are strictly followed, I'm assuming their products are good for Indian quality standards and our lack of information on reliability reviews.

2)
Warranty at this price point is crucial . Even if the installers mess up and wires get burnt due to the silencer(by chance),or any other fault for that matter. The warranty would save me just for sake of winning the argument and getting a replacement.

Quotation received is Rs 6000.
includes
  • rear view mirror with built in display ( NO LCD )
  • 4 rear + 2 front sensors
  • installation.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 10th September 2008 at 17:13.
Old 10th September 2008, 17:33   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Bumping up this thread.
I was looking at options in market, cost is around 4000rs which includes the camera and lcd screen.
If I have the camera, any idea how much would a 4" LCD screen cost. I want something which can be attached to RVM.
Any ideas?
In the EX will tapping into reverse light for power hinder warranty etc., I want an installation which has nil cutting of wires and uses existing wiring harness. The EX remote system apparently has a reverse sensor(is it true) and since it comes with extra wiring harness, any chance of tapping that?
I took reverse sensor(4 sensors installed at bumper) parking for SX4 due to poor visibility while reversing
It was a LCD type with some vertical bands. There are 10 bands with distance in feet in between ie after 5 bands. Distance is shown when the bumper is 3.5ft(shows 2.5 on LCD) from obstacle and once it reach 1.5(0.5) it start sounding for danger. Cost was 2000 bucks with installation.
Old 10th September 2008, 18:26   #138
BHPian

OT:
When does the front sensor get activated? How!!!
Old 10th September 2008, 18:48   #139
Senior - BHPian

one problem with sensors is if the obstacle is short, say the footpath at the beach, once the sensors are too close they stop detecting it, and then it hits the rear bumper. personal experience many times. also false alarms because of bushes etc confuse me further. I have sensors on my van and am planning to install reverse camera now.
Old 10th September 2008, 18:53   #140
Senior - BHPian

When you press the brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
OT:
When does the front sensor get activated? How!!!
Old 10th October 2008, 00:04   #141
Senior - BHPian

I'm planning to fit them on my chevrolet UVA. The dealer says it will be 2800 Rs. Not sure of the brand.
Is this OK?
Old 10th October 2008, 12:06   #142
BHPian

Just fitted reverse parking sensors 2days back. Got it for Rs. 1900/- incl. fittings.
Display is on RVM with distance beep starting from 1.5 meters. I am happy with the performance and it helps a lot while parking. No problems as of now. Lets hope for the best in long term. I think these are chinese make so they are cheap but the accesories shop owner is my known person so he has given me assurance that it is good enough. One more thing even if the display shows 0 distance still there is about 0.3 meters distance gap left. So it is good as you know you are not going to bang anything.
Old 12th November 2008, 18:35   #143
BHPian

I wanted to install reverse parking sensors on my Brush Steel Fiesta.But IMO black would look very ugly . So is it possible to get them painted with the body-color
Old 12th November 2008, 23:38   #144
Senior - BHPian

If you get it installed from your A.S.S., they should offer you an option to paint match them with the body colour. I got it "for free" when I got it with my Civic.

But the thing has become quite redundant now - I can correctly judge distance and therefore the sensor has now become a nuisance. But if you are new with your car, it'll help.
Old 13th November 2008, 15:17   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
If you get it installed from your A.S.S., they should offer you an option to paint match them with the body colour. I got it "for free" when I got it with my Civic.

But the thing has become quite redundant now - I can correctly judge distance and therefore the sensor has now become a nuisance. But if you are new with your car, it'll help.
You are right. I had never used sensors and dont find any problem backing the car. However new drivers it will be kinda useful.
Old 28th November 2008, 13:57   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Does it work normal after putting paint on it, won't the paint affects its functionality.

I too have got free sensors from Toyota for my Altis. They are from autocop but official Toyota accessories. Two reverse sensors, with only the beep, no LED light display. It seems to be of the lowest config.. At a price of 5900/- its not at all VFM also that they are black in color, should I ask them to paint it body colored?
Old 28th November 2008, 16:35   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Does it work normal after putting paint on it, won't the paint affects its functionality.

I too have got free sensors from Toyota for my Altis. They are from autocop but official Toyota accessories. Two reverse sensors, with only the beep, no LED light display. It seems to be of the lowest config.. At a price of 5900/- its not at all VFM also that they are black in color, should I ask them to paint it body colored?
Ym, 5900 for 2 sensors with no LED only beep is way too high. I got for 2600, 4 sensors with LED and beep with a switch (you can disable the beep optionally).

You can get them painted body color matched by the service center guys - mine works perfectly after the black sensors got painted in body color.
Old 28th November 2008, 16:47   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

wow you really got ripped off.
Old 28th November 2008, 16:49   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I took reverse sensor(4 sensors installed at bumper) parking for SX4 due to poor visibility while reversing
It was a LCD type with some vertical bands. There are 10 bands with distance in feet in between ie after 5 bands. Distance is shown when the bumper is 3.5ft(shows 2.5 on LCD) from obstacle and once it reach 1.5(0.5) it start sounding for danger. Cost was 2000 bucks with installation.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Ym, 5900 for 2 sensors with no LED only beep is way too high. I got for 2600, 4 sensors with LED and beep with a switch (you can disable the beep optionally).
TSK beats all

4k with install for reverse cam with lcd monitor.
Old 28th November 2008, 16:59   #150
BHPian

Jkdas,is that reverse cam which comes on the Safari Vx.It comes with a cam and screen right,but no sensors.How good are they??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks