Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2015, 14:58   #91
BHPian

Re: My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified

so one more little update, the car has done 16,500 in 6 months, and I have enjoyed every moment from the time I bought it, its been a good journey until now from hunting mods and getting them installed, it was always thrilling.

I always wanted to do this mod, and I finally did, the front disk mod, though all good with my breaking system with the rear disk breaking kit also been in place, gives immense confidence at any speed.

I just installed the slotted brembo break disk with pads (only front for now), will do the rear once its due, I know even the front would have survived some more thousands of kms, but I wanted to change.

Too early to tell the difference as I would know once it bleeds in maybe 500-700 kms, some pics of the installation and the product.

Also putting few other pics that Auto car had clicked during the valley run 2015

Autocar Pics: Courtesy-Aditya Bedre

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-breambo-1.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-brembo-2.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-brembo-3.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-brembo-4.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-brembo-5.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-brembo-6.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-autocar-4.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-rear-camera.jpg  

Last edited by The Saint : 27th January 2015 at 14:59.
The Saint is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 15:16   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post

so one more little update, the car has done 16,500 in 6 months, and I have enjoyed every moment from the time I bought it,..

Too early to tell the difference as I would know once it bleeds in maybe 500-700 kms, some pics of the installation and the product.
Woah The Saint you have clocked 16,500 kms in 6 months on GT TSI ??

I agree that 1.2 TSI & DSG combo is almost impeccable but are you sure GT TDI was not a better deal ??

IMO you really have transformed the Polo and I have a feeling somebody from VW R&D team may contact you soon.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 15:28   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Woah The Saint you have clocked 16,500 kms in 6 months on GT TSI ??

I agree that 1.2 TSI & DSG combo is almost impeccable but are you sure GT TDI was not a better deal ??

IMO you really have transformed the Polo and I have a feeling somebody from VW R&D team may contact you soon.
haha, thanks for the appreciation, infact I bumped in to the vw motorsports guys at the aamby valley run, trust me they were floored after looking at the car and the mods, infact they want me to visit their chakkan facility and show my car to their bosses I will soon make a trip to pune to do so.

TDI is a great car, infact if you read my opening post of this thread, I had gone and paid the money for TDI but I called next morning to change it to TSI, purely due to auto gear box, I live in Mumbai and want the auto gear box as it is very handy, but I don't think I compromised on the enthusiasm in any way with the TSI, its brilliant and I love driving it on a daily and long highway trips.

TDI and TSI is all about choosing between the gear box you prefer. Both cars are brilliant IMO.

Cheers

Last edited by The Saint : 27th January 2015 at 15:29.
The Saint is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 14:52   #94
BHPian

Mods available for Polo GT TSI

Hi guys,

I contacted Pete & the below are their rates for modifications which they do on the GT TSI (just for help to others)

1. Pete’s Custom Remap: Rs. 24,000/- plus tax. It will fine tune your car completely along with increase in engine power 105 to 125 Bhp and Torque from 175 to 215 Nm.

2. Bilstein B6 suspension: Rs. 60,000/- ( Front & Rear ). It will cut all unwanted Roll and give you a controlled, Steady, Predictable and Comfortable Ride with Superb Handling.

OR

Bilstein B14 suspension: Rs. 1,18,000/- ( Front & Rear ). Comes with springs and has height lowering option.

3. H&R Springs: Rs. 38,000/- It will lower your car by 30 – 35 mm

4. Tarox Front Brake Rotors: Rs. 34,500/- It will increase braking efficiency by 30%

5. GTI Steering with Paddle Shift: Rs. 78,000/-

6. Forge Air Intake kit with Green Power flow filter: Rs. 19,800/-

7. Forge Blow Off Valve: Rs. 19,800/-

Last edited by Zappo : 4th February 2015 at 15:44. Reason: Please search and post in a related thread rather than opening a new thread for everything.
polo_ankit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 20:24   #95
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mods available for Polo GT TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo_ankit View Post
2. Bilstein B6 suspension: Rs. 60,000/- ( Front & Rear ). It will cut all unwanted Roll and give you a controlled, Steady, Predictable and Comfortable Ride with Superb Handling.

OR

Bilstein B14 suspension: Rs. 1,18,000/- ( Front & Rear ). Comes with springs and has height lowering option.

3. H&R Springs: Rs. 38,000/- It will lower your car by 30 – 35 mm
For Mumbai roads I'd recommend the B6 shocks paired with Eibach or even the OEM springs. I think I'd mentioned the same to another member looking to mod his TDI
It'll make the ride a little stiffer (sporty!!!) but not overly harsh.

The Eibachs will provide moderate lowering, I think around 10mm if I remember correctly.

The Bilstein B14 coilover or the H&R springs are too hard & uncomfortable, in my opinion, for a car be mainly driven on city streets.
aah78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 12:55   #96
BHPian

Re: Mods available for Polo GT TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
For Mumbai roads I'd recommend the B6 shocks paired with Eibach or even the OEM springs. I think I'd mentioned the same to another member looking to mod his TDI
It'll make the ride a little stiffer (sporty!!!) but not overly harsh.

The Eibachs will provide moderate lowering, I think around 10mm if I remember correctly.

The Bilstein B14 coilover or the H&R springs are too hard & uncomfortable, in my opinion, for a car be mainly driven on city streets.
B 14 and B6 atleast the shock set up is same, the ground clearance with B 6 increases a bit once you install the B6. You are right if you keep the stock spring then you sort the handling + body movement + more confidence + direct handling and great cornering without compromising the comfort for the passengers and yourself on rough roads.

I have just ordered the Eibach springs and it lowers the car overall by 25 mm, lets see how stiff the car becomes as I like to keep the ride little low.

I should install it by next weekend will put pics and my findings.

Cheers
The Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 14:06   #97
BHPian

Hi folks,

I have been quiet for sometime, as there is always something going on in the background. There were still some unfinished things that I wanted to do on my car therefore the silence. As I am someone who believes in attention to detailing, but was hunting the right option and person to do the same, following has been done in the car in last month or so:

1. Rear panels they were beige in color as that is how the car was delivered, I painted them red to match it with the interior, in addition to add more spice I also got the plastic handle painted into black gloss and it looks hot to me.
2. All the a pillar, the centre pillar and the rear has been painted gloss black to make the interior complete, the only thing beige is the roof, which I am thinking what I need to do.
3. I have also painted the plastic part used for the outside side mirror, the centre panel and the small panel on the rear door outside into gloss black.
4. Wheels were also repainted to gloss black with red to follow the red and black them outside.
5. I also installed operational bonnet vents, the way its been install is to release more hot air out from the engine to keep the engine compartment cooler and help the cold air intake to perform better, the vents makes the car looks more sporty in my opinion.
6. Finally, I also installed eiback lowering spring to give more stiffness and most importantly make it low ride, 25 mm drop (font) and 30 mm (rear) the combo is with bilstein b6,the car to me looks like a toy and a very attractive stance, there is no problem of touching of the arch to the wheels etc, but the drop is too much for Mumbai and would be difficult for the highways now, so I am currently working on a solution. Now it is a dream handling inch perfect, better controlled cornering at all speeds, gives lot of confidence.
7. front dash board rear part and under the steering has also been painted into black and the lock to open it has been painted in gloss red.

For all the brilliant interior job that you see is done by my dear friend [b]Jahan Mistry [/B](based out of Mumbai) who is god in paint jobs as per me, and his detailing is unmatched and unparalled. I am very happy with the work he has done, without his help this would have not been possible.

Enjoy the pics now and I hope you like the updates

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-bonnet-vents-1.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-door-panel.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-engine-cover.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-front-interior-full.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-low-stance-front.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-low-ride.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-rear-door-panel.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-rear-inside-rear.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-wheels-black-red.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-interior-front-1.jpg  

Last edited by The Saint : 16th March 2015 at 14:34.
The Saint is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 17:04   #98
BHPian

Hello BHPian

Excellent attention to detailing. I need to appreciate your taste on modification. I was also interested in customizing interiors few months before. But due to some financial situation I have put the plan on hold. Also the painted alloys looks great. Congrats and keep going
Old 18th March 2015, 11:24   #99
BHPian

The Saint sir,
I have been following this thread for a long time and cannot help but go through it over and over again, drooling over your fine workmanship. From the alloys to the dashboard to the seat covers, perfection is the only word that comes to mind. I would like to congratulate you on your success in modifying your Polo. But keep the mods coming!

I request you to throw some more light on the painting of the dashboard and door panels. Were the parts spray paint? Also,could you tell me where this brilliant painter friend of yours is located? I am tempted to drop my Polo at his place to get a similar makeover done.
One thing I noted was that the brushed aluminum door handles on the inside no longer go with the color combination. Do consider painting it piano black as well.

A pair of Recaro seats would well complete what is definitely the most tastefully modified Polo in India!

turbo_asd
Old 18th March 2015, 13:34   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_asd View Post
The Saint sir,
I have been following this thread for a long time and cannot help but go through it over and over again, drooling over your fine workmanship. From the alloys to the dashboard to the seat covers, perfection is the only word that comes to mind. I would like to congratulate you on your success in modifying your Polo. But keep the mods coming!

I request you to throw some more light on the painting of the dashboard and door panels. Were the parts spray paint? Also,could you tell me where this brilliant painter friend of yours is located? I am tempted to drop my Polo at his place to get a similar makeover done.
One thing I noted was that the brushed aluminum door handles on the inside no longer go with the color combination. Do consider painting it piano black as well.

A pair of Recaro seats would well complete what is definitely the most tastefully modified Polo in India!

turbo_asd
Hi,

thanks for your appreciation keeps me motivated to do my mods, I am happy that you liked them, the friend is based out of (Kanjur marg), Mumbai and yes they were spray painted which is a special dash board paint with some heat treatment I believe, other area been covered with the masking tape specially that comes for paint jobs.

If you willing to come to Mumbai, I can speak to him to help you on this. unfortunately he does not have a brother or any alliance outside Mumbai.

Regarding the recaro, yes it is a brilliant thought which I had it in mind, but the amount of money I have spent, I think I am done with the project and don't want to do any more mods on this, except the final shipment that is on its way.

good thought regarding the inside door handles, that is something I can look at doing, only thing is I would have to remove the panels again and go through the tedious procedure, might refrain now from doing that, but never the less will give it a thought.

Happy revving and all the best with your mods.

Cheers
Old 23rd April 2015, 22:48   #101
BHPian

Congratulations on the Beast Saint. It has almost all the imaginable areas covered and it looks really awesome, very tastefully done. I will be on the lookout for a mean GTI now on the roads and will say hello if our paths cross

I am also a proud owner of a GT TSI now, and was thinking on some mods. Just wanted to check on the dashboard, did you order it from Vagtune and then had it installed in 4S?

Do you also know if 4S deals with K&N anymore? Last time I went they were in the process of switching over to BMC.
Do you or anyone in the thread have any idea if there is a stock replacement air filter from K&N for the GT?

Any information will be helpful.

Thank you in advance, Chiro
Old 24th April 2015, 03:29   #102
BHPian

That's the hottest looking polo I've seen till date. Hats off to your effort for initialising the mods. I remember watching it's pic uploaded on the TBHP facebook page and after watching the polo, I had to pick up my jaw from the table . Saw the video and the car sounds brilliant.

Would you mind sharing the cost involved in making your car a beast? Including the visual mods that you did.

Regards,
Swapnil
Old 26th April 2015, 15:36   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Hi folks,

I have been quiet for sometime, as there is always something going on in the background. There were still some unfinished things that I wanted to do on my car therefore the silence. As I am someone who believes in attention to detailing, but was hunting the right option and person to do the same, following has been done in the car in last month or so:

1. Rear panels they were beige in color as that is how the car was delivered, I painted them red to match it with the interior, in addition to add more spice I also got the plastic handle painted into black gloss and it looks hot to me.
2. All the a pillar, the centre pillar and the rear has been painted gloss black to make the interior complete, the only thing beige is the roof, which I am thinking what I need to do.
3. I have also painted the plastic part used for the outside side mirror, the centre panel and the small panel on the rear door outside into gloss black.
4. Wheels were also repainted to gloss black with red to follow the red and black them outside.
5. I also installed operational bonnet vents, the way its been install is to release more hot air out from the engine to keep the engine compartment cooler and help the cold air intake to perform better, the vents makes the car looks more sporty in my opinion.
6. Finally, I also installed eiback lowering spring to give more stiffness and most importantly make it low ride, 25 mm drop (font) and 30 mm (rear) the combo is with bilstein b6,the car to me looks like a toy and a very attractive stance, there is no problem of touching of the arch to the wheels etc, but the drop is too much for Mumbai and would be difficult for the highways now, so I am currently working on a solution. Now it is a dream handling inch perfect, better controlled cornering at all speeds, gives lot of confidence.
7. front dash board rear part and under the steering has also been painted into black and the lock to open it has been painted in gloss red.

For all the brilliant interior job that you see is done by my dear friend [b]Jahan Mistry [/B](based out of Mumbai) who is god in paint jobs as per me, and his detailing is unmatched and unparalled. I am very happy with the work he has done, without his help this would have not been possible.

Enjoy the pics now and I hope you like the updates

Cheers
This is seriously good stuff, wow! This is one of the threads I keep coming back to check for updates and its bang on the buck and it gives some ideas on what I can do as well.
So thank you and cheers! I live in mumbai as well and maybe someday our paths will cross and will be able to appreciate the beauty in person
Old 27th April 2015, 13:31   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
That's the hottest looking polo I've seen till date. Hats off to your effort for initialising the mods. I remember watching it's pic uploaded on the TBHP facebook page and after watching the polo, I had to pick up my jaw from the table . Saw the video and the car sounds brilliant.

Would you mind sharing the cost involved in making your car a beast? Including the visual mods that you did.

Regards,
Swapnil
Sorry haven't been online since long time, seeing these messages today, yes the pic was posted on the FB page of Team-BHP, and I don't know why the pics were removed after some time

Please pm me and I will share the cost, if looking at the pics your jaw dropped if I tell you the cost of mods god save you.

Ttake care and happy revving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiro View Post
This is seriously good stuff, wow! This is one of the threads I keep coming back to check for updates and its bang on the buck and it gives some ideas on what I can do as well.
So thank you and cheers! I live in mumbai as well and maybe someday our paths will cross and will be able to appreciate the beauty in person
Tthanks a lot mate, keeps me motivated, some minor changes in the exterior look and a suspension set up has been changed, will share details and pics very soon, until then hold your breath.

Surely we will cross paths, you can message me your number.

Cheers

Last edited by aah78 : 27th April 2015 at 18:56. Reason: Posts merged & edited.
The Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 03:10   #105
BHPian

Quote:

Tthanks a lot mate, keeps me motivated, some minor changes in the exterior look and a suspension set up has been changed, will share details and pics very soon, until then hold your breath.

Surely we will cross paths, you can message me your number.

Cheers
Cheers mate! and I should say thank you as well, and I'm sure your car keeps getting compliments wherever she roams.
More changes! wow, ok, waiting to see the follow up pics then.

Thank you for the msg, I shared my number. Will await to hear from you.

Thanks a ton,
Chiro

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks