Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2014, 16:11   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified

How did it all turn out once the event was over? Looking at the surface, did you have any noticeable damage in the under belly or damage to the rims, lower part of the body etc?

I take it that it was a circuit event, how many laps were the events you took part in?
Old 16th December 2014, 16:19   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
How did it all turn out once the event was over? Looking at the surface, did you have any noticeable damage in the under belly or damage to the rims, lower part of the body etc?

I take it that it was a circuit event, how many laps were the events you took part in?
No damage to the car whatsoever, except that I need a good under body wash

Qualifying was one lap only as it had rained a night before and we were forced to start I did but you could do extra runs so I did one more run for qualifying, first time was 89 sec and second run was 84 sec.

Finals there were 3 laps but one run only, the track was wet in parts and one section was very bad in terms of grip to the car, overall lots of fun with sliding and drifting. a great experience

Last edited by The Saint : 16th December 2014 at 16:20.
The Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 09:36   #78
BHPian

Hi Saint,

How is your experience with the Red Rooster exhaust, did you get any chance to compare this with the Automech?

Can you also let us know the following
- Contact details from the vendor?
- Approximate cost(if you do not want to share this in the forum, please PM the same to me)?
- How much time did it take for the installation?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rohan
Old 17th December 2014, 12:02   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Hi Saint,

How is your experience with the Red Rooster exhaust, did you get any chance to compare this with the Automech?

Can you also let us know the following
- Contact details from the vendor?
- Approximate cost(if you do not want to share this in the forum, please PM the same to me)?
- How much time did it take for the installation?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rohan
I have seen automech in other cars, and I am sure the owners with automech are happy, in my personal opinion and preference, I wanted to do it from red rooster as they use a machine to manufacture the exhaust which gives very good finish to the bends in my opinion. also my exhaust note is not very loud but enough to give the sportiness to the sound.

I also did a exhaust with catback and after the downpipe, again others will have different opinion of removing cat back with downpipe for extra gains, but that also comes with too much of sound which I personally don't like, also I would not remove the cat con.

My experience with them was excellent, as I am based out of Mumbai they called a TSI in Bangalore and took the exact measurements, I must say it was a perfect fit. I did a stainless steel exhaust where as automech was doing Mild steel, SS exhaust last long and the finishing is amazing.

1- Mr. Thambu - RRP Bangalore- 09741788226
2. Stainless Steel exhaust with original design as stock- INR 24,000 with installation.
3. I got it installed at four seasons Mumbai, it took approximately 30 minutes.

I hope this helps.

cheers
Old 17th December 2014, 12:34   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
My experience with them was excellent, as I am based out of Mumbai they called a TSI in Bangalore and took the exact measurements, I must say it was a perfect fit. I did a stainless steel exhaust where as automech was doing Mild steel, SS exhaust last long and the finishing is amazing.

1- Mr. Thambu - RRP Bangalore- 09741788226
2. Stainless Steel exhaust with original design as stock- INR 24,000 with installation.
3. I got it installed at four seasons Mumbai, it took approximately 30 minutes.

I hope this helps.

cheers
Thanks Saint. Yes, it is really helpful.

Just spoke to Thambu, he said they are in the process of moving their "Pipe bending" facility to Coimbatore. So, he said in the first week of January, he would be able to do this in my car.
Old 17th December 2014, 13:44   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Saint. Yes, it is really helpful.

Just spoke to Thambu, he said they are in the process of moving their "Pipe bending" facility to Coimbatore. So, he said in the first week of January, he would be able to do this in my car.
That's great news, also remember, when you will receive the new exhaust you will feel there is no sound very little roar which you would hear with lot of effort (don't get disappointed), but within 1k-2k run the car starts getting loud as the carbon gets deposited in the exhaust which gives a nice hot roar

Have fun with the exhaust.

Cheers
The Saint is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 14:41   #82
BHPian

Re: My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified updated

I went for the Valley Run at Aamby valley to witness the auto enthusiasts from across the country and voila , what a pleasant surprise when Auto Car spotted my Polo GT –TSI and wanted to feature it as the car that really stood out in a plethora of some 100 plus cars at the event.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...sh-392686.aspx

Feeling accomplished!!

I wanted to experience the feel of drag racing, the launch was always going to be tricky for this car but I enjoyed the entire experience. Being a turbo engine my 1200 cc car was multiplies by 1.6 which makes it 1,920 cc, this means I was in 1600-2050 cc category.

I was competing with likes of Toyota Corolla and Honda Civics which should have been naturally aspired engines. I didn't win the drag and clocked a time of 17.02 seconds and stood fourth/last in the race,

1st corolla- 16.2 sec
2nd corolla- 16.589
3rd Civic- 16.800
4th Me- 17.200

Go pro video of my run, was on the roof, seems I didn't tighten the screws properly, little shaky.

Attached Thumbnails
My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-drag-1.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-drag-2.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-drag-3.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-autocar-1.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-dra-5.jpg  

Last edited by The Saint : 13th January 2015 at 14:53.
The Saint is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 16:02   #83
Senior - BHPian

Adding 3 more images from the same event.

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-dsc02927.jpg

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-dsc02936.jpg

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-dsc02592.jpg

OT: Did you run your 320d finally? What was its timing?
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 16:19   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Adding 3 more images from the same event.

Attachment 1327922

Attachment 1327923

Attachment 1327924

OT: Did you run your 320d finally? What was its timing?
thanks for this S 2, a treat for you indeed when we meet next, no I didn't, I had lost my patience, I had left as I could not wait any more.

Cheers
Old 14th January 2015, 13:02   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been in attempts to get in touch with Thambu and when I finally spoke to him and saw the old RRP facility in Whitefield, I was gutted. It was sad to see them tear up everything and shrink their facility by 60%. Thambu did tell me they would still operate in bangalore but only a fractional size of what they were. Bangalore has truly lost a great tuner.

I'm waiting for them to settle down to complete my exhaust work as well. Its not a Polo though!
Old 22nd January 2015, 13:57   #86
BHPian

some pics from aamby valley and a recent GT meet we had at Palm beach in Mumbai. Also met the Volkswagen motor sports team, it was truly a fun time with them.

Pictures courtesy bhpian Vinod b.
Attached Thumbnails
My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-drag-8.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-drag-9.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-drag-race-11.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-palm-beach-2.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-palm-beach-meet.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-drag-12.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-drag-race-13.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2015, 14:06   #87

Quite a hot one you have out there. Very tastefully done and I like the attention to details.
having got so much done, I must say you have not gone wrong anywhere and the car looks truly classy.
Got to take some tips from you.
Pottermore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 14:46   #88
Team-BHP Support

Got rid of the WRC stickers from the door handles? Looks better now. You should do the same for the ones on the sides of the spoiler. Looks a bit out of place IMO.

Looks like the rear wiper's plastic cap has gone exposing the nut. Do replace it back. Part number is 5K6-955-435, just in case.

Congrats on the Aamby Valley run! Drive safe and have fun.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 14:53   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Got rid of the WRC stickers from the door handles? Looks better now. You should do the same for the ones on the sides of the spoiler. Looks a bit out of place IMO.

Looks like the rear wiper's plastic cap has gone exposing the nut. Do replace it back. Part number is 5K6-955-435, just in case.

Congrats on the Aamby Valley run! Drive safe and have fun.
Yes I did, will revisit the rear spoiler sticker as well, though I like it

Awesome observation, yes I need to fix that thanks for sharing the part number (where do I put this number, can order online?), I see your based out of Ahmedabad, whenever next you cross Mumbai give me a shout and I do the same if a cross your town, we can catch up, we have started a midnight club in Mumbai for drives

Thanks for all your kind words, wish you safe drive too.

Cheers
Old 22nd January 2015, 15:06   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes I did, will revisit the rear spoiler sticker as well, though I like it
You should keep it then.

Quote:
where do I put this number, can order online?
Yeah but I don’t see an India-based website that does it. If you have someone coming from the US you can ask them to bring it along. But before that, do check what the local VW service center quotes for this part. It shouldn’t be much IMO.

The other day, I was wiping the rear windshield and noticed that the part came off quite easily when the microfiber cloth got stuck there! Small part but can easily be misplaced. This could have happened at some car-wash facility.

Quote:
I see your based out of Ahmedabad
Navsari actually. I was in Surat before.

Quote:
whenever next you cross Mumbai give me a shout and I do the same if a cross your town, we can catch up
Will do! I stay very close to the NH-8 that connects Bombay to Ahmedabad so easy to meet up when you pass by. Do give a holler.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks