Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2016, 10:11   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Remote controlled Auxiliary Lights: No splices, no wires, no holes

Whoa! Nibu, wish I had bumped on this thread before :(

It could saved me few Grands on HIDs and few.. may be a lot more on LEDs! This is what I needed! But anyway, at least I can buy the remote and set it up now to ensure there is no wires coming from engine bay in to cabin the jugaad way!

Thanks for this amazing setup directives.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 22:53   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Inspired by this thread, now I have used this in my Aux light setup too. just posted details in my ownership thread here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3947299

Thanks Nibu for this awesome thread!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 08:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Inspired by this thread, now I have used this in my Aux light setup too. just posted details in my ownership thread here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3947299

Thanks Nibu for this awesome thread!
Glad you found it useful. Do share details about where you got this done... and how long it took. Pretty neat stuff... Need to change my clamps too.
Old 7th April 2016, 10:09   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Do share details about where you got this done... and how long it took.
I got this done near my home. On the double road leading to Sai Baba temple from Arakere Lake opposite to Bata showroom from Bannerghatta Road, there is a small accessory shop after AECS Maruti Magnolia School. So if you are on Bannerghatta Road, take double road adjacent to lake (which is super dry now or even in monsoon) and on your left while going towards Sai Baba Temple, right after school and mill boundary, this shop is there. The owner there Kumar Gowda can help if you just quote about an orange XUV getting LED lights.
Old 17th May 2024, 17:09   #20
BHPian

Things look pretty dead on this thread here so am hoping someone sees this and responds (its like yelling into a void uninhabited for long LOL).

I tried posting in the Thar review thread but didn't really get any bites there. So am trying again here. (or maybe someone can suggest a more suitable thread to post this on?)

Anyway, so, I am looking to install some aux lights on the bumper (aftermarket) of my '21 Thar for offroad use (farm trips). These will be small (3") cubes; a pair of spot beams and a pair of flood beams, so 4 lights 40 W each equaling 160W total draw from the battery. Each pair comes with its own wiring and a physical switch, that would need to be taken into the cabin through the firewall. This last part is what am trying to avoid - to take wires into the cab just for switching the lights on and off.

Has anyone installed a remote switch such that the wiring and the connected receiver all stays withing the engine bay and a key fob like remote controller can then be used from the cab to control the lights? I need to be able to control each pair independently, as in just have the spots on or just the floods, or both together (which I dont ever foresee a need for, but lets roll with it). It would be great if its a dual/multi channel switch so just one fob can control both pairs independently.

Has anyone done this? Is this advisable? How much of a drain would it be on the battery because the receiver is always "listening"? I cant fathom this being any more than the central locking system receiver.

Any suggestions/advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
FJ

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks