Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2016, 10:51   #181
BHPian

Re: Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
However the fitting is iffy.Is this normal
Attachment 1506112

This isn't normal. Most magnetic shades have 2 magnets at the top and 1 each on the sides over a flexible metallic wire. Kindly feel them first. And start pushing the magnets towards the centre (for the sides) and equidistant for the top. The shade will then fix perfectly and will not fall off. For the side curvature of the door you can gently bend the wire to match the door curve. All done, it will be a snug fit (no more fingering )
Sirvoicar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 14:27   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
@Nkrishnap has a new design one for the front windows, it allows a clear view of the ORVMs. You can check it in his ownership thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...w-shades-2.jpg

The visibility of the ORVM is good with the shades even at night. In this cut design, there is a disadvantage. If you have stopped the car during a journey, you can roll down the glass for ventilation. In this situation the full shades act as a mosquito curtain too.
Old 14th May 2016, 16:27   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
The visibility of the ORVM is good with the shades even at night. In this cut design, there is a disadvantage. If you have stopped the car during a journey, you can roll down the glass for ventilation. In this situation the full shades act as a mosquito curtain too.
The objective is not to use it as a mosquito curtain.

The design used by NkrishnaP does the primary objective of protection from the sun and additionally does not block the view of both the ORVMs for the driver. That way I feel it is better than the full ones that are readily available in the market.
Old 15th May 2016, 09:30   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
Attachment 1506112

This isn't normal. Most magnetic shades have 2 magnets at the top and 1 each on the sides over a flexible metallic wire. Kindly feel them first. And start pushing the magnets towards the centre (for the sides) and equidistant for the top. The shade will then fix perfectly and will not fall off. For the side curvature of the door you can gently bend the wire to match the door curve. All done, it will be a snug fit (no more fingering )
Thanks a lot! I was on the point of returning the shades.
I did the changes as suggested by you and the fit is good now!
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 11:22   #185
BHPian

I also purchased similar Magnetic sunshades for my Ritz. They are a perfect fit but i dont think they serve the purpose. I do not feel any reduction in heat. The heat still pinches. It just acts as a Net wherein it prevents dust and insects from coming in. Not very satisfied with it.
Do you guys find this good in heat reduction?
Went ahead and purchased the Electrostatic Sunshades from Autotrends that stick to the glass. It does not have a suction cup. Find it very good in cutting down the heat and does its job.
Old 16th May 2016, 09:29   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
How are you finding the shades?
I got the Able Spider shades for my Scorpio and the build quality is good. However the fitting is iffy.

Is this normal?
Hi,

My package arrived damaged so did not take delivery
Have re-ordered again, lets see how it turns out
vikramvicky1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 09:47   #187
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I ordered CoverKraft Magnetic sun shades from Snapdeal (set of 6) for my TUV3OO, Rs 1,159/-. Once I lay my hands on it, I will share its effectiveness.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/cove...h/633044984671

Description
Coverkraft sunshades consist of finest quality magnetic border that gets neatly stuck to the edges of the car window (no suction cups required) hence are easy to install & remove. It creates a layer of mesh which stops the heat protecting the interiors from harmful uv rays & maintaining the inside temperature of the car. Customized specifically for the mentioned model. Consists of 2 sunshades with zip for the front windows & 2 sunshades without zip for the middle & 2 sunshades without zip for the back
Old 16th May 2016, 10:13   #188
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone has the URL for the shades installed by NkrishnaP ?. I want to order them online,but couldn't find anything on google search.
Old 16th May 2016, 11:17   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Does anyone has the URL for the shades installed by NkrishnaP ?. I want to order them online,but couldn't find anything on google search.
Those were sourced from Pradeep (Team BHP handle - pdma), I don't think this one is available online.
From what he has remarked below, maybe he has got them manufactured locally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
The shades are available for all cars, you can find them on all leading eCommerce websites too. However the shades that me and Krishna have on our cars are way better in terms of quality and they fit perfectly in place than what they sell online (Of course the price we paid was twice as well). You can also check for the shades in accessories shops.

Cheers,
pradeep.

Last edited by Sommos : 16th May 2016 at 11:26.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 16:37   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Yesterday I ordered CoverKraft Magnetic sun shades from Snapdeal (set of 6) for my TUV3OO, Rs 1,159/-. Once I lay my hands on it, I will share its effectiveness.
So finally the sun shades landed at my door step on last Friday, just in time before my planned Saturday trip to Barshi (Dist-Solapur). Before starting for this trip I had fitted the CoverKraft Magnetic sun shades that I had ordered online from Snapdeal. These shades helped to keep the car cabin cool in blazing hot sun. The front two shades have got a zip, which is quite convenient for paying the toll at toll booths without removing the shades. These come with magnets, which make the shades stick to the door frame. The shades for the quarter windows come without magnets, but they fit snugly on the window beading. In the morning the AC blower was on speed-1 and later in the day on speed-2. Yet the cabin was quite cool even for the rear seat passengers. Some pictures of the sun shades.

The front RHS door sun shade

The rear RHS door sun shade

Both the front shades come with a zip. Quite convenient for paying the toll at toll booths without removing the shades

AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 22:18   #191
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pictures! I am too planning to get this zippered ones for my XUV, Can you just let me know how durable the zip feels while using it?

Having the zip is very convenient while paying tolls, A huge problem i had when i had the non zippered ones.
Old 22nd May 2016, 22:29   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Thanks for the pictures! I am too planning to get this zippered ones for my XUV, Can you just let me know how durable the zip feels while using it?

Having the zip is very convenient while paying tolls, A huge problem i had when i had the non zippered ones.
The zip is of average quality at the best, don't think it will be able to last the distance. If only used once in a while, it will last long, however frequent use may lead to premature failure.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 22:51   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The zip is of average quality at the best, don't think it will be able to last the distance. If only used once in a while, it will last long, however frequent use may lead to premature failure.
That is exactly what i was thinking, In less than 48 Hours in every trip of mine ill have to pass through 20 Toll's approximately, So i don't think it would last long for me, So maybe ill just pickup the normal shades and I wont put one on the driver's side.
Old 23rd May 2016, 10:25   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is exactly what i was thinking, In less than 48 Hours in every trip of mine ill have to pass through 20 Toll's approximately, So i don't think it would last long for me, So maybe ill just pickup the normal shades and I wont put one on the driver's side.
Hey Tanveer, Why don't you go ahead and purchase the one offered by Mahindra. They have made a provision for front windows through which you can pay your tolls. Check out Avinash's (abirnale) ownership thread for the pictures. Me and Avinash both have them on our cars and it really helps and I have been using from past one year without any issues.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3954260
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:51   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I agree that the zipper is not of great quality, but I think the zip can be replaced/ re-stiched at a neighbourhood tailor shop. Actually I feel the zipper one is the best option available at the moment or you may have a customised one built by any local shop, as some members have done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks