Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2014, 14:55   #16
BHPian

re: Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup

When i first saw the setup, i was stunned!! It looks so elegant and classy... Totally loved the looks of the setup on the city. having seen the car before and after the setup, i can say the looks of the car have transformed completely. Its now a bit batmobile-ish
Just change the grill now and it would look fabulous!!

P.S. A small advice to anyone getting this setup. Please get the projector adjustment done properly or the low-beam might be too low. VVB faced this issue and he got it sorted (i guess). And please get the setup done from a professional ONLY. It isn't that easy to fix the projectors and drl's.
Old 31st January 2014, 17:26   #17
BHPian

Re: Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
This is a great accessory you have got for your ride! Definitely adds a character to car, elegant is least I can say!

If its plug n play kind of setup, is there any way I can source these parts from your favorite Concept store and take help of FNG to fit on my SX4? I live in Bangalore. Will they have something for SX4 by the way? Would be great help if you can suggest on this.

After looking at your city, I don't seem to be getting over it
Ok i think i may not have explained well. When i mention Plug and Play, I meant no cutting of wires as supply is taken from the existing source itself. However the fitting fo the projectors does require a bit of wiring work and a lot of levelling adjustments which not everyone will be able to do. Maybe just the DRLs can be fitted by your FNG that too if he is competent enough.

I am sure you can source the parts from Concept in Mumbai they should be able to ship it to you. Check for their details in the directory and give them a call. In case I happen to go there anytime soon I will check for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
When i first saw the setup, i was stunned!! It looks so elegant and classy... Totally loved the looks of the setup on the city. having seen the car before and after the setup, i can say the looks of the car have transformed completely. Its now a bit batmobile-ish
Just change the grill now and it would look fabulous!!

P.S. A small advice to anyone getting this setup. Please get the projector adjustment done properly or the low-beam might be too low. VVB faced this issue and he got it sorted (i guess). And please get the setup done from a professional ONLY. It isn't that easy to fix the projectors and drl's.
Thanks Aman. The beam has now been adjusted, as you know the fitting is a very time consuming process, the first day levelling was not done properly. The next day these guys came to my house picked up the car corrected the levelling and delivered the car back at night. Now works well.
vvb8530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 17:37   #18

The setup is very subtle and tastefully done...the car's color enhances that very well. could you let us know how much the entire setup cost? thanks.
Old 31st January 2014, 18:47   #19
BHPian

Thanks VVB for this thread. And also for the idea of this setup.
here's my setup in an artist's impression.
Name:  Swapszone_zps48e7fdb9.gif
Views: 11252
Size:  340.1 KB
This image was sent to me by Turbo_Torq.

Last edited by swapszone : 31st January 2014 at 18:48.
swapszone is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 18:54   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
I would like to if its possible to get just the DRL's alone and price for the same
Vaibhav Belgamwar shares the following with you:

Quote:
I have skipped projectors and have done only the DRL setup on my Honda City iVtec. One of the members has asked for just the DRL setup.
Please publish attached photos of my Honda City with just DRLs.
Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup-city_headlamps.jpg

Honda City iVtec: Projectors & DRL setup-city_headlamps2.jpg
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 19:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
thanks a lot for the pics, looks good and neatly done.

Its now time to search for these in local accessory shops
Old 31st January 2014, 19:19   #22
SDP
Team-BHP Support

vvb,

Thanks for starting the thread and sharing detailed information. I did see the car a week back during the Friday meet and have to say the setup looks fab. Its more impressive in person than what the photos suggest.

Thanks again for accommodating me during the day today to check out the setup during the day. I am so tempted now.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 19:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Attachment 1199457

Attachment 1199458
Although i was initially very hesitant in painting the reflectors black, as i could not figure out how it would look on a black car and i wanted the front to look subtle but eventually realized that the look of the DRLs or even the projector does not come out that well unless the reflectors are painted black as other wise the light is reflected off and the shape of the DRL cannot be made out very well.

This is my personal opinion with all due respect to Vaibhavs setup which looks good too.

Regards,
VVB
Old 1st February 2014, 12:51   #24
MDe
BHPian

Very neatly and tastefully done setup. Looks subtle and classy.
I understand that the leveling has been done. Would it be possible for you to put some pictures of the light beam throw on a wall, in high and low beams. It helps in seeing the spread of the setup and the alignments.
Overall, well set up lights. Congratulations!
Old 1st February 2014, 16:08   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
vvb,

Thanks for starting the thread and sharing detailed information. I am so tempted now.
My thoughts exactly! I'm sorely tempted to try this out on my car. The price point is attractive too and I already have 4300K HIDs installed.
gomzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 16:38   #26
BANNED

The blinkers posted by Swapszone looks bloody awesome,

Both of you (vvb8530 & Swapszone) have a wonderful MOD that doesn't harm the eye yet looks beautiful on the car without spoiling the overall design.

Looking forward for more pictures of the car.

Anurag.
Old 1st February 2014, 19:30   #27
BHPian

Wow this looks really good and classy. It has fully transformed your car.
I always thought DRL look gaudy and loud on cars that dont have it as OEM, but this has changed my mind.
Old 2nd February 2014, 08:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Hi Guys,

I own a 2010 Honda City iVtec which I had been running on HID's for the past 3 years. Finally took the plunge and got installed projectors with DRL's.
[/i]
Excellent stuff.Quite neat and subtle.Time to get my swift "projected".I live in marol and powai is quite nearby to my house.Will give them a visit somewhere next month.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 2nd February 2014 at 08:26.
Old 2nd February 2014, 08:54   #29
BHPian

The lights look beautiful and for sure are tempting. I see many of them are planning to get similar setup for their loved ones and why not when you can afford.
Iam not sure if this was discussed earlier however I somehow have a feeling that this will effect the battery and the alternator in the long run as they are not designed to handle this load.Please let us know your thoughts on this , may be just my assumption.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 2nd February 2014, 16:29   #30
Senior - BHPian

Very nicely done. As a city owner, could you please inform us and compare a normal through vs this projector setup. It will be awesome.

Please can someone points be to a reliable shop in NCR.

Thanks!

Most Viewed