Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2024, 15:43   #1696
BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Bought a set of Valeo frameless wiper blades (26*14) for my Honda City. But disappointed with the performance when the wipers operate at higher speeds. It makes shuddering noise at the end of wipes, and also creates a haze while wiping. Bought the OEM wiper blades from the dealership today. Too costly for a framed wiper blades (1356 Rs/-). Old OEM ones were good. Hope this will be similar in performance.
Old 31st July 2024, 16:30   #1697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Bought a set of Valeo frameless wiper blades (26*14) for my Honda City. But disappointed with the performance when the wipers operate at higher speeds. It makes shuddering noise at the end of wipes, and also creates a haze while wiping. Bought the OEM wiper blades from the dealership today. Too costly for a framed wiper blades (1356 Rs/-). Old OEM ones were good. Hope this will be similar in performance.
Which generation City is it? 1.4K is indeed steep for normal framed wipers.

I read on this thread people having good experience with Blaupunkt wipers. Would be nice if people using them provide a follow-up review of these.
Old 31st July 2024, 18:09   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Which generation City is it? 1.4K is indeed steep for normal framed wipers.

I read on this thread people having good experience with Blaupunkt wipers. Would be nice if people using them provide a follow-up review of these.
It is the 5th Gen City. I agree that it is too costly for a conventional wiper blade. We can get aftermarket wiper blades Online for 550 to 600 Rs/-. Since I had good experience with the OEM ones, went with that. Will update how it is in couple of weeks. It is raining heavily here and a good wiper is must for a safe night driving.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 12:24   #1699
BHPian

Has anyone had success with buying push button style wiper blade (example).

It seems most Amazon, Bosch or other online dealers only have the J-type connectors. Not able to find relevant adapters online either. There's some past discussion on this thread about push-button wipers, but most of those links are not valid any more.
Old 7th August 2024, 22:40   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Just ordered Michelin "Flat Wiper Blade" i.e. Frameless from Amazon. Any reviews from anyone after using them?

I'll use them for a week or so and update here shortly.
Happy to report that the Michelin "Flat Wiper Blade" i.e. Frameless Wipers I ordered from Amazon are fantastic and way better than any Bosch ones I have used over the last few years.

They are well packed in sealed plastic packaging and come with a variety of connectors in the box. By default they are already fitted with hook style 'J' connectors, which matched my car, but there are simple instructions on how to change the connectors if needed.

The wiper blades themselves have a thin plastic protector on it which needs to be removed. The set I ordered were manufactured in June 2024 so the rubber is still nice and soft.

And the best part is that the windscreen is now noise and streak free (since '93! ). Highly recommended them.
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 14:15   #1701
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post
I've been using Blaupunkt Velocity frameless wipers
Update- these wipers eroded the ceramic coating from the windshield in the band just under the hook body (where the wiper attaches to wiper arm). This was obviously due to pressure being higher there.

So I opted for Bosch Eco (frame type). These work just as well, and there is absolutely no sound on the wiper reaching the end or the windshield and returning. I've added Ad Lub washer fluid to help eradicate any issues. Just perfect.

Will get the windshield re coated and report if there is any degradation of ceramic due to the wipers.
ais is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 22:53   #1702

Sirs, please suggest me good wiper blades for Creta 2023 model. The original ones judder and squeak and don't clean the windshield properly and also makes night driving in rainy weather a lot riskier. The car sits a lot under the sun and maybe for that reason the original ones degraded within one year.
Old 15th August 2024, 23:48   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by summos View Post
Sirs, please suggest me good wiper blades for Creta 2023 model. The original ones judder and squeak and don't clean the windshield properly and also makes night driving in rainy weather a lot riskier. The car sits a lot under the sun and maybe for that reason the original ones degraded within one year.
Use WD40 to clean your wiper blades

If you have to replace them then Bosch or Valeo wiper blades are good.
ACMerchant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 07:16   #1704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK, wiper blades got nothing to do with juddering. It happens due to the misalignment of the wiper arm.

I had this even when the car was new and tried multiple brands. Works well for sometime but after constant use, it judders.

Wipers should be ideally changed every 6 months or max 1 year. It's best to change just before the start of the monsoon.

I now carry a detailing clay bar and use it every few months to deep clean the windshield. Definitely improves the wiper blade life.

Check this video:

naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 16:18   #1705

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
If you have to replace them then Bosch or Valeo wiper blades are good.
Sir, there are numerous Bosch complaints in this thread. I have never tried Bosch though.
Old 18th August 2024, 07:54   #1706
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Sir, there are numerous Bosch complaints in this thread. I have never tried Bosch though.
I just got them and they are good. I'd suggest go for Eco framed ones as the pressure of wiper on windshield is distributed evenly.
Old 20th August 2024, 19:25   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if i'm too late. The big wiper on my Scross (size 26) started coming apart. The blade of the wiper is held in place by two thin long steel/metal strips on the either side of the wiper blade.
In my case, one of the steel strip moved up and outside the wiper frame, this loosened the rubber blade and it started moving up/down the frame too. This is the first such instance of the many BOSCH eco blades i have used.

It was only used for a month till this defect developed. I replaced it with the same BOSCH Eco blade and so far it has held well.

But a complaint in general is that these blades start streaking very soon. Particles of grime/any contamination on the windshield easily disturbs the surface of the blade and it starts to leave streaking marks very soon (maybe just a week is enough to see this).

Bad quality really. Most of the drivers and shop owners are not picky about the minor streak lines. These streak lines hurt visibility at night when light from the oncoming traffic gets refracted unevenly.

I stuck to the BOSCH Eco as there is no guarantee that i won't face the streaking issues with other wipers.
Old 2nd September 2024, 13:44   #1708

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballfry View Post
The Bosch Aerotwin wipers are t
====
Amazon Link to the Michelin ones

In case you find the Aerotwin, please share a link here.
Hi @Ballfry,

I managed to find the aerotwins from a bangalore based company called 'Autozilla'. Here's the contact: 98440 80145. Forgive me for my extra late response.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd September 2024 at 13:47. Reason: Trimming quoted post, please avoid quoting entire post for replies. Thanks.
BinoyR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks