Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2019, 21:45   #1381
BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
I own a Ford Aspire and the wiper quality is pathetic. I replaced the original wipers after using them in rain just once.
My friend purchased Bosch wipers 18 inch from Amazon. Picked it up for around Rs350 and they have been working pretty well. Been about 8 months or so and they still do a good job. No streaks. Perfect cleaning.

He too owns an Aspire, unsure of the exact model
Shashwat B is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 09:03   #1382
BHPian

I have recently installed PIAA silicone wipers, 19' & 21', for my Fortuner. Initial impression is that the wiper movement is smooth. Only issue is after a single swipe a little bit of water is left at the place where both wipers come together near the upper end of windshield. These few drops of water flows down leaving a streak.
SRK72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 17:22   #1383
Team-BHP Support

I got 2 pairs of wipers of Bosch for my Scorpio. While I will fit one pair, what should I do with the 2nd pair, return it? Or store it?

Hope storing it in a safe dark place won't harm the wipers.

My driver got some local frameless wiper fot Rs. 200 for a pair for the Swift. These wipers shudder while wiping, the car stays inside city with a 5/10 kms running at max, so not bothered much, but will try Bosch or My TVS next time.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 23:09   #1384
BHPian

Hello,

I own an Innova and I have fitted Bosch wipers. They do clean the windshield perfectly but they also make a squeaking noise which tends to be very irritating. Any solution to this ?

Thanking in advance
EK
Old 8th July 2019, 23:57   #1385
BHPian

Had ordered Bosch Eco wipers from amazon last October and they have already started squeaking and leaving slight streaks in the first rain this season. Not happy with these as i expected them to last a year at least. Any recommendations for a decent brand that will last long and not cost too much ?
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 00:53   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Any recommendations for a decent brand that will last long and not cost too much ?
I've tried a lot of brands on a lot of cars. In my opinion, its always better to spend a little extra and get a good quality product.

If you want a good quality product, I'd recommend the Michelin Rainforce. Though a bit expensive they do an excellent job and last well. Not sure why no one else had mentioned this wonderful product. Maybe I missed it.

If you don't want to spend that much, I would totally recommend the Coozo Plus wipers, for the price, the quality and the performance is good.

Note: It is always better to get Wiper Blades from a local accessory shop as the prices are generally higher online and many sellers push old stocks.
MadrasTurbo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 06:23   #1387
BHPian

Guys, has anyone replaced the wipers of Xcent? Any recommendations please.
Old 9th July 2019, 21:27   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Had ordered Bosch Eco wipers from amazon last October and they have already started squeaking and leaving slight streaks in the first rain this season. Not happy with these as i expected them to last a year at least. Any recommendations for a decent brand that will last long and not cost too much ?
You can try the Hella conventional ones on Flybhp.com. I've ordered them twice over a year, and they're much sturdier/ better quality than the Bosch Eco.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 10:00   #1389
BHPian

Got myself a set of Minda Spark wiper blades to replace the old Bosch Eco. Hands down Minda is better. There is no noise, no mist residue left behind and a very clean windshield.

For anybody looking for a budget wiper blade, I would highly recommend Minda Spark.
puneetakhouri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 11:33   #1390
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking for a rear wiper blade for my 2011 Jazz. Had anyone procured one of late? Also, does anyone know if there is a difference in size/model between the old and new models of the Jazz? My YouTube research says it's the same model.
Old 14th July 2019, 12:36   #1391
BANNED

Please suggest a good wiper blade for my rapid Montecarlo. I need to confirm the size too. For my polo it was 24,16 but when I measured for rapid it was 23.5, 15.5.
Old 29th July 2019, 16:25   #1392
BHPian

Replaced Polo GT TSI OEM wipers with Bosch for about Rs. 300. Very quiet and they're doing an excellent job so far. Rear wiper, got Misimo from AliExpress. They're just OK. But I miss the wiper spoiler that was there on the OEM wipers!
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 20:16   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
A heads up for these frameless wipers manufactured by GM Enterprises, ordered via Autotrends.in, works flawlessly,
I have used a similar set on my A-Star for about 2 years with satisfaction. They were cheap @299 and worked well.
I have ordered another set now.
rajathv8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 13:36   #1394
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Can anyone help me out with size of Laura Facelift wipers. I'm looking to get the OEM ones without having to go the ASC
Old 30th July 2019, 13:54   #1395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendations for a decent brand that will last long and not cost too much ?
I have had good experience with Hella. They are easily available at most accessory shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Guys, has anyone replaced the wipers of Xcent? Any recommendations please.
I have used Hella wipers in my first gen i10. The wipers of Xcent must be similar size.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed