Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2017, 18:25   #1201
BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidRavi View Post
I have ordered Bosch regular wiper blades for my ecosport to replace the stock. Frameless ones had too many reviews with people reporting minor scratches on windshield. These frameless also costs double than regular one.So,sticking to regular wiper blades. Anyone facing scratch issues with frameless ones.
I have been using Unipoint frameless wipers for my ecosport for more than an year now. They have been doing very good.

Now I am replacing them as they are more than an year old, but to my surprise the site which I used to buy blades from are no longer there : Automotivesoul.

Can anyone recommend some good website for buying Hella or Unipoint Wiper blades ?
Old 26th June 2017, 14:48   #1202

Hi Guys,

I have Figo 2011, and am looking to change the wipe blades, both front & rear.

I am planning to get the Bosch Eco wiper blades (22"/16") for the front (even though I see a lot of mixed reviews here) since they seem economical on Amazon.

The rear one measures 11" but I can't seem to find any good wiper which does not cost a lot.. The only one I found is Trico which costs around 850 inclusive of import duties. Link below:
http://www.amazon.in/Trico-11-G-Exac...=AYAZOP86CGXY9

Look forward to your suggestions on both the front & rear wiper. The sooner, the better since the monsoon has arrived.

Also, this is my first post ever on Team-BHP. Look forward to being a more active part of the community.

Thanks,
Pruteik
Old 28th June 2017, 00:01   #1203
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruteik View Post
I have Figo 2011, and am looking to change the wipe blades, both front & rear.

I am planning to get the Bosch Eco wiper blades (22"/16") for the front (even though I see a lot of mixed reviews here) since they seem economical on Amazon.
You can go ahead with these wiper blades. For the price they retail, they are very good. I use them on my 2007 Honda City every year, they cost 360 - 380 rupees for the set in Mumbai. Ideally you should change your wipers every year, that is the reason I don't like spending on expensive one's every year and these Bosch Eco wipers last for one whole monsoon period without any issues.

The only issue I face is that if there is a slight drizzle and you switch on the wipers they will make that rubbing sound, otherwise they are noiseless.

If you want something lasting a little longer, try out wiper blades from syndicate. They cost nearly 950 rupees and last for 2 years, it is also the OEM for Honda so in my 2012 City I use these. They are noiseless at all times and will last even longer than 2 years if you take good care of them.
Old 28th June 2017, 14:29   #1204
BHPian

Hi,
I recently ordered the Bosch Clear advantage on Amazon to replace the OEM wipers on my 20 months old Figo.
The date mentioned on the packaging indicates that they were imported in July 2016. Under normal circumstances I would have just replaced the product and asked for refund, but right now my OEM wipers are in really bad shape (mostly my fault as I never bothered with the right way of cleaning the wipers, just wiped them with a moistened towel now and then) and the rains are making it really hazardous to drive around with them. Replacing will take at least 10 days.

Do you think there will be any significant deterioration of the wipers (in 1 year) if they are sealed in the original packaging?
Old 28th June 2017, 17:40   #1205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post
Do you think there will be any significant deterioration of the wipers (in 1 year) if they are sealed in the original packaging?
Ideally if it is in sealed pack, there should not be an issue since it is not exposed to the elements to deteriorate the rubber quality. So you can go ahead and start using it since your wipers are in a bad shape currently and you cannot wait for the replacement. If rubber is exposed to the elements and not protected from it, then you can expect it to deteriorate and perform badly. This is true for tyres stored in the shops as they cannot cover them or package them. Hence new tyres of very old mfg date are not preferred. Sealed items might not cause any harm.
Old 28th June 2017, 18:18   #1206
BHPian

Wiper blades need replacement on a 6 month old BMW X1!

Greetings everyone.

This January, there was a new addition to my garage; The BMW X1(F48). I am absolutely in love with the car and I always find myself looking for an excuse to get behind the wheel. Anyway, I'm writing this thread for a different reason.
The car is now 5 months, 17 days old to be precise and I am somewhat shocked that the wipers have already given in. While my car is covered under BSI (Which includes wiper blade replacement once a year) and I don't have to worry about paying for the replacement blades, it just makes me wonder the actual life of these wipers. The service advisor told me that it could possibly be because of the windshield heating up and in turn spoiling the wipers since they rest on the heated glass.
My question is, do these wipers actually last for such a short period of time? Shouldn't this be covered under warranty? If yes, should I be insisting the dealer to replace them under warranty and not under BSI? Has anyone ever gone through such a problem before?

Thank you.
Old 28th June 2017, 18:33   #1207
Team-BHP Support

Re: Wiper blades need replacement on a 6 month old BMW X1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilSawant View Post
My question is, do these wipers actually last for such a short period of time? Shouldn't this be covered under warranty?
Do read the fine print of the warranty card, usually rubber parts are not covered in it unless it is noticed at PDI or nearby period. In short it will depend on the manufacturers warranty clause, most cases this would be defined, so do check the fine print.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 20:58   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Ideally if it is in sealed pack, there should not be an issue since it is not exposed to the elements to deteriorate the rubber quality. So you can go ahead and start using it since your wipers are in a bad shape currently and you cannot wait for the replacement. If rubber is exposed to the elements and not protected from it, then you can expect it to deteriorate and perform badly. This is true for tyres stored in the shops as they cannot cover them or package them. Hence new tyres of very old mfg date are not preferred. Sealed items might not cause any harm.
Thank you very much. I did use them and they are much better than the OEM.
Old 29th June 2017, 02:38   #1209

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
You can go ahead with these wiper blades. For the price they retail, they are very good. I use them on my 2007 Honda City every year, they cost 360 - 380 rupees for the set in Mumbai. Ideally you should change your wipers every year, that is the reason I don't like spending on expensive one's every year and these Bosch Eco wipers last for one whole monsoon period without any issues.

The only issue I face is that if there is a slight drizzle and you switch on the wipers they will make that rubbing sound, otherwise they are noiseless.

If you want something lasting a little longer, try out wiper blades from syndicate. They cost nearly 950 rupees and last for 2 years, it is also the OEM for Honda so in my 2012 City I use these. They are noiseless at all times and will last even longer than 2 years if you take good care of them.

Thanks a ton OSH. Shall go ahead with the Bosch Eco blades this season. Let's hope I get a pair of noiseless ones. *fingers crossed* Cheers!!
Old 29th June 2017, 08:08   #1210
BHPian

For Ertiga (2012-2016) users, the wiper blade for the rear glass would earlier come as a single unit with the arm attached (this costed approximately 1200). A better alternative, the wiper blade sans the arm is available, although usually by order only. The sku and mrp of 575 can be seen in the attached picture and this is easily ordered at a MGP Store.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-1498703813610.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 30th June 2017 at 07:34. Reason: Typo
latentpotential is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 00:20   #1211
BHPian

Can I buy the Hella European wipers for my Linea online? Can somebody also confirm the size of the wiper blades for Linea. I believe it 26 inches and 16 inches.
Old 4th July 2017, 13:51   #1212
BHPian

Took the plunge and installed 3M performance pro frameless wiper blades. 24" and 16" costed 1.6K. However, they're aesthetically better as well very silent performance. Tested in yesterday's short rain in Chennai. Much better wipe comparing to my old wipers (may be 2 years old).
Old 4th July 2017, 14:30   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Took the plunge and installed 3M performance pro frameless wiper blades. 24" and 16" costed 1.6K. However, they're aesthetically better as well very silent performance. Tested in yesterday's short rain in Chennai. Much better wipe comparing to my old wipers (may be 2 years old).
2 years is quite some time for wipers.

Where did you buy these wipers from ? How much did they cost you ?
Old 4th July 2017, 14:42   #1214
Senior - BHPian

At McDonalds (on Highway) near Virar, there is a small outlet of ROGER car accessories. Was quoted 430/- (each) for 19" wiper blade (Synthetic Rubber) for my TUV.
I did not buy it as I could not find it on their official site.

Regards-Sonu
Old 4th July 2017, 14:49   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
2 years is quite some time for wipers.

Where did you buy these wipers from ? How much did they cost you ?
I did buy in 3M showroom and costed 1.6K pair.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks