Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2016, 20:47   #1111
BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Is there a place in bangalore where I can buy wipers for my EcoSport. I would have ordered them online but I'm not going to be here after a few days. Tried to google bosch retailers for wiper blades, couldn't find any. Help would be appreciated
Old 2nd August 2016, 21:24   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Is there a place in bangalore where I can buy wipers for my EcoSport. I would have ordered them online but I'm not going to be here after a few days. Tried to google bosch retailers for wiper blades, couldn't find any. Help would be appreciated
Vikas trade links on road parallel to jc road. This is behind the first building called Reddy buildings after the signal which has numerous helmet selling shops. You need to drive till the petrol pump and take immediate left and again first left. The shop is on the right hand side with big glass facade.

Another option is Vijaya diesel in front of Urvashi theatre. It has a MGP spare outlet next door. Both have parking woes if you are driving a four wheeler.
Old 2nd August 2016, 22:45   #1113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Which part of the city are you in ?

Check the local shops too - car accessories shops like Konark in Jayanagar,
Or FNG's. I recently got my set from Technokraft, JP Nagar.

Also, check the size & ask at any TASS. They sell over the counter too.
Old 3rd August 2016, 10:53   #1114
Distinguished - BHPian

For my Cruze, I also went back to the OEM brand (GM-Continental TBC) which had lasted me for 5+ years. In the middle I tried the frameless ones (cheap one though) and wasn't satisfied with the streaking and juddering. It also came off once in the middle of heavy rain!

Although the GM ones were around 2k (with 'labour' charge of 180), they seem to be of exceptional quality.
Old 4th August 2016, 10:26   #1115
BHPian

Changed the wipers on my Grand i10. The OEM ones were now over 1 year old and had started to groan and leaving streaks. Thanks to my outdoor parking.

Ordered a set of Bosch Eco wipers. Have been using them for sometime now. The problems have been resolved and were light on pocket as well.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 10:44   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
For my Cruze, I also went back to the OEM brand (GM-Continental TBC) which had lasted me for 5+ years. In the middle I tried the frameless ones (cheap one though) and wasn't satisfied with the streaking and juddering. It also came off once in the middle of heavy rain!

Although the GM ones were around 2k (with 'labour' charge of 180), they seem to be of exceptional quality.
+1

Tried many Bosch and Hella wipers in the past, and nothing came close to OE GM wipers.
Old 7th August 2016, 19:10   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Companies like Minda, Syndicate, Pricol will remain synonymous to the Indian Car Industry. In fact, I have not had a great experience with Bosch and hence the last set in the WagonR was bought from autotrends (Frameless) and for Ertiga I used Syndicate (conventional).

Today, I went ahead and picked these - Minda Soft Wipers from an automotive shop near my home here in Yelahanka. They cost me 340/- (WagonR - 16"/18") and 360/- (Ertiga 14"/21").

Installed these a while before and did the basic test - On both the cars these wipers clean the complete surface at one stroke without leaving any residual area. I won't mind if these last only for the next one year as others did.
My Wagon R wiper blades are almost 2 yrs old now and needs a change. Currently they are the OEM's installed during regular servicing at Maruti service station. Planning to buy the Minda Soft wipers 16" / 18". Will enquire with the local automotive shops rather than online to avoid being sold old stock / non-compatible wipers.

Does Minda provide the rear windshield wiper blade also? Is the clip design compatible for the rear wiper?
Old 9th August 2016, 09:43   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
---
Today, I went ahead and picked these - Minda Soft Wipers from an automotive shop near my home here in Yelahanka. ---

[/center]
Hi,
Could you give me the location/ name of the shop in Yelahanka where you bought these wipers. Have not had great experience getting online, hence would like to try the shop.

Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 09:51   #1119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
Does Minda provide the rear windshield wiper blade also? Is the clip design compatible for the rear wiper?
Yes, I recall the shop keeper opening a catalog provided by Minda to check for the sizes and may car models were listed that had rear wipers too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedMae View Post
Hi,
Could you give me the location/ name of the shop in Yelahanka where you bought these wipers. Have not had great experience getting online, hence would like to try the shop.

Thanks
This is the location as per maps however I remember that the shop is exactly on the opposite side of the marked location.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 10:36   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone,

I recently replaced the RHS wiper blade of my SX4. I purchased OE blade from Maruti Suzuki Genuine Spare-parts shop. The salesperson told me that it is Continental make blade, with OE quality. The blade cost me Rs. 350 with taxes and I replaced it myself.

The blade makes a screeching noise when it reverses on the top of the stroke. This noise is generated 80% of the times. I wonder what might be the cause. Any opinions / observations from the fellow members are welcome.
Old 9th August 2016, 10:45   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post

The blade makes a screeching noise when it reverses on the top of the stroke. This noise is generated 80% of the times. I wonder what might be the cause. Any opinions / observations from the fellow members are welcome.
The blade is accumulating dust. Take a soft damp cloth and gently wipe the blade edge down. Do it regularly, it will enhance the blade's life.
PratikPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 10:59   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
The blade is accumulating dust. Take a soft damp cloth and gently wipe the blade edge down. Do it regularly, it will enhance the blade's life.
Done that already; no effect. The noise is not there throughout the stroke. It is only at the time of reversing from the top position. That too 80% of the times.

Rest of the stroke is silent and the windshield is getting wiped properly.
Old 9th August 2016, 11:42   #1123
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
l The noise is not there throughout the stroke. It is only at the time of reversing from the top position. That too 80% of the times.
Are you using any soap solution or is plain water in the windshield washer tank?

If you are using soap solution, dilute it a bit and try. Should stop the noise IMO.

Last edited by a4anurag : 9th August 2016 at 11:44.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 20:52   #1124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Today, I went ahead and picked these - Minda Soft Wipers
Only Minda was available with the accessory shop and I too got one. The Bosch one went bad because of someone's mistake.

The Minda leaves a bit of residue at the top, in center, have tried to source Bosch but couldn't. But the Minda I got aren't these, the MRP was some ~350 and it had some sort of plastic cover on the wiper rubber. Appears the next change will be OE again if I can't find Bosch.
Old 10th August 2016, 08:58   #1125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The Minda leaves a bit of residue at the top, in center, have tried to source Bosch but couldn't. But the Minda I got aren't these, the MRP was some ~350 and it had some sort of plastic cover on the wiper rubber. Appears the next change will be OE again if I can't find Bosch.
These are the same I guess. Its Minda-Spark as the box mentions.

I used them in the Ertiga for more than 2500 kms and I can say that the wipers were on for more than 2200 kms easily due to a lot of driving in the rain & highways alone.

They started to make squeaking noise even when I sprayed shampoo water and that is when I realised that they have lived their life. I replaced them again 2 weeks back with Bosch regular ones as that was a Bandh Day in Karnataka and a shop nearby home opened its shutters post 6pm and I was to go on another drive in rains the next day for 650 kms.

For me, Wipers don't last per monsoon - They last based on how many kilometers I have driven in rains . So my change intervals are frequent too.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks