Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2016, 14:30   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

I see a lot of people here asking for wiper blade sizes of particular car models. A friendly suggestion. Instead of depending solely on info found online, it is better (and in fact easier) to measure the length of your car's wiper blades using a measuring tape (inches / centimeters) and round it off to the nearest unit. Very small variations don't make a difference.

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-wiperlength.png

Cheers
Viju is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 15:21   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Tried searching this thread, but could not find anything relevant.

What is the rear wiper blade size for the Fiat Palio? 12", 14" or 16" ?
It's 14" but you can't fit normal wipers blades on the back wiper of Palio. I found it after buying one.
rdst_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 16:39   #1083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
It's 14" but you can't fit normal wipers blades on the back wiper of Palio. I found it after buying one.
Thanks for the heads up. I will DIY install the new rubber if it cannot be mounted.
Old 4th July 2016, 14:38   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Can anyone tell me the wiper blade size for skoda yeti and fabia?
I think yeti uses 24 inch and 18 if i am not wrong.

Fabia uses 21" & 16" If i'm not wrong. Got new set recently for 840/- from Skoda including labour. Though I could DIY, Skoda was not ready to sell Over the Counter. :(
21Archer84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 15:24   #1085
BHPian

My fabia has 21 and 21.
Old 4th July 2016, 16:26   #1086
BHPian

The driver side wiper on my Polo is not gliding over the glass smoothly. Its almost like the rubber is getting caught on the glass and "jumping" around. The glass is clean without any sticky bits on on it.

I drove for more than an hour in heavy rain + steady drizzle and had not issue with the cleaning action of the wiper. But not happy with the rough operation.

I checked the rubber blade and its feels pretty normal, I tried wiping it clean with a clean cloth. No luck.

The passenger side wiper is running fine.

Any pointers?
Old 4th July 2016, 16:36   #1087
Distinguished - BHPian

I have the same problem with the driver side wiper on my WagonR. While the operation is noiseless, the wiper jumps briefly towards the end of the upward swipe. I have read that spraying the shampoo water on the glass and then wiping, softens the rubber and smoothens the surface. Tried it and the 'jump' persists. I had changed all 3 wipers (including the rear one) last Oct with the OEM ones. Looks like the OEM ones won't last even a full year.
Old 4th July 2016, 18:37   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody tried Power X wiper blades? They seem to have good reviews on Amazon.

Need wipers for Maruti Esteem. However some online sites haven't listed wiper set for the Esteem, though they have listed the set for other cars using the same size (18" & 20") like the Hyundai Elantra, Hyundai Accent, Honda City, etc. Anybody knows if the connectors are the same as on the Esteem, so that I can order these?

Last edited by Aditya : 5th July 2016 at 07:15. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 4th July 2016, 19:07   #1089
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Anybody knows if the connectors are the same as on the Esteem, so that I can order these?
If you know the length of each blade on your car then you can directly order it basing the length rather than trying to search for a set that is specific to Esteem.

Also since yours is a Maruti Suzuki, it would be the 'J' Hook type. An I right?!
Old 4th July 2016, 20:10   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
The driver side wiper on my Polo is not gliding over the glass smoothly. Its almost like the rubber is getting caught on the glass and "jumping" around. The glass is clean without any sticky bits on on it.

I drove for more than an hour in heavy rain + steady drizzle and had not issue with the cleaning action of the wiper. But not happy with the rough operation.

I checked the rubber blade and its feels pretty normal, I tried wiping it clean with a clean cloth. No luck.

The passenger side wiper is running fine.

Any pointers?
So, I had suffered from this issue for nearly 10 years on my Fiat Palio, until my new mechanic took care of it for me just recently. The issue was with the wiper arm and according to him it was a known issue with Palios. He just applied some force on the wiper arm to straighten it out and since then the wipers work smoothly.

Please check if it is the same case with your wiper arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I have the same problem with the driver side wiper on my WagonR. While the operation is noiseless, the wiper jumps briefly towards the end of the upward swipe. I have read that spraying the shampoo water on the glass and then wiping, softens the rubber and smoothens the surface. Tried it and the 'jump' persists. I had changed all 3 wipers (including the rear one) last Oct with the OEM ones. Looks like the OEM ones won't last even a full year.
Old 5th July 2016, 04:48   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If you know the length of each blade on your car then you can directly order it basing the length rather than trying to search for a set that is specific to Esteem.

Also since yours is a Maruti Suzuki, it would be the 'J' Hook type. An I right?!
Yes, it is hook type. "J" or not I'm not sure. Is there any other hook type?

I know I can order the same length, but I was concerned about the connector. From what I could glean online, the same wipers are used for Hyundai Accent, Elantra, Honda City. All these have the same product code on the Bosch site. Since Esteem Bosch wipers are not listed, I guess I'll just order the ones listed for these cars. Price is lowest on PayTM (but I really dislike the site. It is leagues behind Amazon), so I guess I'll order from there. Just hope its not last year's stock.

EDIT: Just ordered the ones for Accent from PayTM. Will post feedback after using.

Last edited by Raccoon : 5th July 2016 at 05:15.
Old 5th July 2016, 16:51   #1092
Distinguished - BHPian

Companies like Minda, Syndicate, Pricol will remain synonymous to the Indian Car Industry. In fact, I have not had a great experience with Bosch and hence the last set in the WagonR was bought from autotrends (Frameless) and for Ertiga I used Syndicate (conventional).

Today, I went ahead and picked these - Minda Soft Wipers from an automotive shop near my home here in Yelahanka. They cost me 340/- (WagonR - 16"/18") and 360/- (Ertiga 14"/21").

Installed these a while before and did the basic test - On both the cars these wipers clean the complete surface at one stroke without leaving any residual area. I won't mind if these last only for the next one year as others did.

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-20160705_154810.jpg

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-20160705_155427.jpg

paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 08:17   #1093
BHPian

which website sell's the Bosch Aerotwin blades, I am after 26 and 14"
Old 9th July 2016, 01:08   #1094
Senior - BHPian

Anyone looking to purchase wiper's from Jetta, Please don't do it online, Tried 2 different wipers both from Amazon (Autofurnish ones) And both of them don't fit, The bracket it very big for the wipers to slide in, Tried at 2 local shops too both claimed the wiper's are for the jetta even the size being same they did not fit, Really weird, Just to get rid of the issue getting it exchanged from the service centre tomorrow, Only issue being the ones from the service centre too don't last long and are expensive too, 2000 + taxes.
Old 12th July 2016, 17:02   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
which website sell's the Bosch Aerotwin blades, I am after 26 and 14"
Aerotwins are discontinued by Bosch. I'm guessing you have an SX4?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks